The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Cold War in 2022. Nice. :expressionless:
I couldnā€™t expect less from 2020: Part 3.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s been a hot war going on since 2014 when they first invaded Crimea. Theyā€™ve been fighting ever since in the Donetsk region which is Russiaā€™s current foothold to invade further in from. This war was never cold.

The question is whether or not it will turn into a world war where everyone ends up dragged into the conflict or not.

Ukraine shouldnā€™t have given up their nukes on a flimsy promise of US protection.

3 Likes

Yep. Since the media stopped to report what is happening in Donetsk and Luhansk rest of the world ā€œdecidedā€ that war is over. Nope. Ukraine is at war with Rustardia since 2014 and people are dying every single day on a front lineā€¦

4 Likes

And Iā€™ve finally reached Bronze Level on Alienware Arena! :grin:

Summary

4 Likes

Nice congrats!! be a little easier for you to get keys now with the master pools. Also you can go back through the ranks and claim more rewards. I got all the dell rewards the first time and now I am getting some of the others. Just got a free Alienware shirt about a month ago, pretty nice shirt too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you from USA ? Iā€™m honestly interested the most on their fabled Steam Gift Cards. IDK what kind of rewards non-US users get.

2 Likes
5 Likes

A rubber ducky ? Nice, I guess. :sweat_smile:

I still want a Steam Gift Card, though.

3 Likes

Ah yeah I am from USA so different rewards. Never got any steam cards, but got quite a lot of dell rewards.

4 Likes

I knew someone had won a Steam cardā€¦Just had to do a searchā€¦

4 Likes

Yes, I do remember from this post, whichā€™s why itā€™d be nice if I got one too. :crossed_fingers:

Also, have you recovered from the headache ?

3 Likes

Fuck Russia,Fuck Putin and honestly fuck ā€˜westā€™ for not preventing this.

My country is next.

6 Likes

Nope, still getting them. Itā€™s related to the weather I thinkā€¦ The air pressures changing.

3 Likes

And so it beginsā€¦

If thereā€™s any Ukrainian Chronies here or has some friends or relatives living there I suggest that you find some shelter, a very safe space to stay or leave the country if you can, and if you have a religion send prayers to that place. Letā€™s hope that all of this ends peacefully and donā€™t become a full scaled global war. :pray:

2 Likes

It began in 2014ā€¦wake up ,people. It wont end peacefully ,it will only end then Putin and his war machine will be crushed. Hopefully by US.

I understand that for a lot of you this is ā€˜farā€™ and hardly matters . But he will not stop at Ukraine.

4 Likes

imo heā€™s doing exactly the same thing he did with Georgia 10 years or so ago, just capture some territory, then have a ceasefire, thus leaving the country in a situation where they are technically still at war and partly occupied by Russia and hence are prevented from joining NATO

history repeats itself

he has nothing to gain from trying to capture the whole country indefinitely and in the long run it would cost them possibly everything because itā€™s unsustainable

perhaps he will try to quickly take Kiev and install a pro-Russia leader in Kiev and then leave, as some suggest, but i doubt it

4 Likes

You mean thatā€™s what he did 8 years ago when he first started this war? Now heā€™s coming for the rest of it.

Lebensraum. Also Ukraine is a very good place for growing food in, itā€™s just that for some reason everyoneā€™s failed to take advantage of this as of yet. But someone willing to set up serious agricultural infrastructure there could have a lot to gain from it.

IF weā€™re speculating at long term goals then as the global climate changes having control over food production will be a very useful strategic resource. This would also render Russia a lot more self reliant and all our sanctions wouldnā€™t even matter anymore.

1 Like

no, those were ā€œUkrainian separatistsā€, now itā€™s officially Russia officially occupying territory. Thereā€™s a big legal and political difference.

iā€™m just saying what i think it is, time will tell and i honestly dont rly care about being right or wrong in this case

itā€™s horrible and i hope it ends soon

2 Likes

Surely no one doubts that this was russiaā€™s doing from the get go though? No matter how much they lie and obfuscate these ā€œseparatistsā€ are russians, funded and armed by russia, lead and trained by russian military. Actual russian military personnel was also involved from the start and throughout.

Sure now itā€™s all out in the open, but lets not do them any favours and pretend like we bought their lies in the first place.

1 Like

yes, of course, but that differing factor might exactly be what prevents Ukraine from becoming a NATO member, and until proven otherwise, thatā€™s what has driven Putin to do what heā€™s doing

is he a madman? yes. is he banking on the rest of the world not doing anything about it? yes (and letā€™s not forget they literally gave them several ā€œgreen lightsā€, both the UK and the US by saying several times that they would not physically intervene)

I perfectly understand why heā€™s doing it, if that is indeed why heā€™s doing it. Hell, in the case of Crimea, I honestly wouldnā€™t have expected anything less from him because he literally had to make that move if he wanted to keep access to that seaport.

I believe his intention is to preserve what little world power and influence they still have by not giving up on regional power and influence, and i think he does so because he thinks itā€™s what is best for his country and ofc for what is to be his legacy.

but ofc u have to be a psychopath to be where he is in the first place

2 Likes