The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

They even stopped pretending on their own pathetic level .

I’m just so frustrated that west is fully capable of removing him and his regime from the face of earth,but this is a downside of western democracy:too much talking.

That is why authoritarian regimes are so effective at doing ,it is just one or at best handful of people making all the desicions .

2 Likes

There’s so so much talking. And more talking.

Screw all the talking ,really.

Ukraine is asking for weapons. Thanks to US and UK for providing them . My country,Lithuania,as small as it is gave Ukraine our own limited supply of “Stinger” systems which are currently shooting down russian attack helicopters.

If a small country can give their limited resources,why rest of the ‘concerned’ Europe can’t…

2 Likes

cuz it’s all theater, all empty talk

cuz, again, it’s all theater; they only intervene when they stand to gain from it;

they intervened to help depose Qadhafi because if he’s not allowing them to plunder the country’s resources then to hell with the country and the people until a tool like Haftar can grab power

it’s not like they can put a dictator in place in Ukraine who will sell all the country’s resources for cheap to them while he fills his own pockets, is it?

those ppl and those organizations are the worst of the worst

oh, the West is in need of cheap labor and ppl who actually get lots of kids cuz there’s too much old ppl on retirement schemes and there’s not enough young ppl to support the health care system and no one wants the “shit jobs” etc., ez, just create a few wars here and there, let them kill each other for generations to come and “welcome the poor refugees”. Help them a few years, teach them the language, given them the shit jobs, tax their income and voila, cheap labor for generations to come…

that’s the reality of the world we live in, too bad for all the men, women, children and babies who died cuz of their evil schemes in the mean time

not to mention all the volunteers from organizations who then later go to those countries to “help them” by actually selling the supposedly given aid for sexual services or even outright raping women and children there

so yeah, it’s terrible and i wish it all quickly goes away for the Ukrainians, and, hell, even for the young Russians who don’t even want to be there in the first place, but let’s also not forget that what’s happening in Ukraine right now is just a regular Thursday in Syria, Yemen, Libya, etc., and how long has that been going on?

all that to say that in the end, those ppl sitting in their chairs “talking” and not doing anything at all about Ukraine are actually the very ppl responsible for the same shit that Putin is doing in Ukraine now but in “shithole” countries and in covert ways (and ofc Putin too, and others as well)

all that said, @DontBeSilly I sincerely hope your country is not next and there’s no next country at all, cuz i’m pretty sure that if he does not actually stop at the Donbas or does not get out quickly after a quick ruler-swap, it will be the start of WW3 because others will in fact become involved then.

edit: just look at this:

that’s how useless these ppl are

4 Likes

From bbc.com

One story of Ukrainian soldiers stirring emotions right now is the story of the Snake Island battle - where 13 Ukrainian guards on a tiny island in the Black Sea refused to surrender to a Russian warship. They held their ground and were killed in a bombardment.

Audio of the guards’ defiant final words has gone viral on Twitter, TikTok and other social media.

The Russian ship tells the Ukrainians: “I suggest you surrender your weapons and capitulate, otherwise I will open fire, do you copy?”

The Ukrainian guards can then be heard saying “this is it”, before they respond with: “Russian warship, go f— yourself.”

Ukrainian President Zelensky praised the guards’ bravery, saying they would all be posthumously awarded war hero honours.

“On our island Zmiiny [Snake Island], defending it to the last, all the border guards died heroically. But did not give up,” he said.

All of them will be awarded the title of Hero of Ukraine posthumously. Eternal memory to those who gave their lives for Ukraine."

This is what kind of people Ukrainians are. Strong and proud.

2 Likes

But a little bit stupid? I really do not see the point in glorifying pointless death. They were staring down the barrel of a gun and chose to die when they had the option not to. They stood no chance to defend their island nor by the looks of it meaningfully slow the invasion down.

Now I’m not saying being a russian POW is something I’d be looking forward to myself, but survival means you can fight another day. Now the Ukrainian defense forever have that many men less.

1 Like

Maybe.Maybe not.

What i was trying to ‘say’ i guess is that Ukrainians do not have ‘slave’ mentality in them. There might be a lot of people in west assuming that they are somehow similar to russkies but they are truly not.

And that is why this is not happening ‘somewhere’ to ‘some other people’ . They are us in essence . Well ‘us’ as in ‘westerners’ .

2 Likes

I think it’s quite obvious he’s looking for a quick exit. He’s already said earlier today he’s ready to negotiate (which is not something you do when you’re trying to conquer a country, nor ask the other army to take control of the government. If you want the country and can take it, you just do that.). He rly wants to get in, get a pro-Russia regime installed, and then get back out asap cuz he knows it’s gonna b rly bad for him and his country if that doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

Appareantly his “special mission” is not going so well. Ukrainians are holding like real heroes and russian armed forces are suffering heavy losses.

They are also killing civilians. Few hours ago they bombarded kindergarden,killing 3 children.

That is a kind of human garbage Ukrainians are fighting against right now.

2 Likes

God effing dammit, I hate this whole mess so much. And the most infuriating thing is that people responsible will never get their comeuppance.

I wonder if this feeling of shock with a healthy dose of fear and a bit of shame on top will go away anytime soon. :expressionless: So yeah, if you haven’t guessed it from the above, I live in Russia. :expressionless: No clue what to do now, honestly.

3 Likes

not so sure about that. A lot of things can happen before they leave this world.

And whatever happens in this world, they certainly will get it in the next.

2 Likes

Damn! I was trying to send @DontBeSilly the Season’s pass for “This War is Mine” and the other DLCs because they are donating all proceeds to the Ukraine and…

Steam won’t let me…

They do have a page to just donate…Guess I will do that.

All of this just breaks my heart. :hugs:

4 Likes

Please consider GOG, Valve doesn’t need your financial aid.

4 Likes

@delenn13 thank you very much for your kind attempt but if you have some other way to support Ukraine directly from Canada i would strongly urge you to do so. They need us.

Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

4 Likes

Anyone should be able to read these articles regardless of their geographical location.

I chose to gift both these articles here. I do this because I don’t know how WW3 is being reported in other parts of the world & I honestly don’t know how much reliance we can place on any news sources anymore.

Putin puts nuclear forces on high alert; E.U. to restrict airspace

https://wapo.st/3Hq651y

This is, to date, the most frightening thing I can recall reading. WW3 is the most frightening thing I can recall putting into a message.

My heart is with the people of Ukraine, the people of Poland, @SeekerSupreme, friendship::people_hugging: and any other peoples or nations who could conceivably be caught up in this insanity.

Historic sanctions on Russia had roots in Zelensky’s emotional appeal

https://wapo.st/33Yb4Zv

Also, I know most people on here are way above what I can do technically but if you would like this which was given to me to share feel free to grab it:

I Stand With Ukraine

Ukraine-Russia Live Coverage via Satellite

Ila in Maine

4 Likes

If at any point in your life any of you will ever have a though that 'oh maybe we should be lenient to russia and look for a ‘dialogue’ just remember this :

Russia kills dozens in Kharkiv shelling, Ukraine officials say
A residential building in Kharkiv
Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
A residential building in Kharkiv targeted by shellingImage caption: A residential building in Kharkiv targeted by shelling
Dozens of civilians have been killed and hundreds more injured during heavy Russian shelling of the eastern Ukrainian city of Kharkiv, Ukrainian officials say.

Anton Herashchenko, an adviser to Kyiv’s interior minister, wrote on Facebook that Moscow’s troops had bombarded residential areas with Grad missiles, saying: "Dozens have been killed and hundreds wounded!

“The whole world must see this horror! Death to the occupiers!”

It is not possible at this stage to say exactly how many civilians have been killed so far. The UN Human Rights chief Michelle Bachelet said earlier today that at least 102 civilians had been killed, with a further 304 people injured.

“Most of these civilians were killed by explosive weapons with a wide impact area, including shelling from heavy artillery and multi-launch rocket systems, and air strikes. The real figures are, I fear, considerably higher,” Bachlet said.

2 Likes

Unfortunately dialog with russia is the only path forward and it’s not in order to be lenient to russia. I don’t know what you’re suggesting to be the alternative? Let the nukes fly? If NATO escalates at this point and move in with military might to push Russia out we’re setting ourselves up for years of attrition warfare at best. Nato would be forced to set up a permanent military presence in the region which Russia would consistently attack from range within their borders. Nato would have no “legal” way to retaliate as firing anything back into russia for some reason wouldn’t be ok to do.

There is unfortunately no way for us to actually attack russia to shut them down militarily because they have nukes and they will definitely use them.

Further on we’re balancing on the edge of ww3 here, if the US and European forces mobilize to actually fight russia here, china will without a doubt invade Taiwan and then probably Japan. North Korea will probably launch everything they have at Seoul the moment NATO forces look away and then all fucking hell breaks loose… again.

No dialog with russia is not about being lenient to them or forgiving them for anything. It’s the only reasonable course that wont plunge the world into ww3 as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Yes,price of getting world rid of this filth called “russia” will be high , but what are the alternatives? Even meanwhile ‘peace talks’ are happening they are bombarding civilians with vacuum bombs which are prohibited by geneva convention .

What ‘talks’ can there be? NATO and US both has nuclear weapons as well. With well coordinated strikes they have a considerable edge. Plus if russians nuclear launch systems are as ‘good’ as their military vehicles it is likely that most of them wont even launch or hit their own territories.

So yep, we are on the edge , and believe me , my country would be among first ones to receive nuclear strikes from russia, but they need to be destroyed … one way or another :wink:

Unless they can clean up in their own garden by removing Putin and his bandits from the power. Which is also an option which i hope is going to happen.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, you’re probably not worth nuking and they probably want your land so it’d be a bother to have it irradiated. They’d strike Berlin, Paris and London and then whatever US cities they could manage to hit.

1 Like

Logically speaking , yes , but did Putin strike you as a logical person? I dont think so. Acting purely out of ‘revenge’ is pretty possible and his actions long lost any sense of rational behind them.

2 Likes

If the UK and the US didn’t want Russia to invade Ukraine they’d at least not said they wouldn’t intervene. They could have said something along the lines of “all options will be considered” or whatever just as a deterrent.

As I’ve shown here at least twice, both the UK and the US, and some European countries too if im not mistaken, have said over and over again they would not intervene, thus giving him the green light to do it, passively encouraging him to do it.

The US did exactly the same with Saddam in relation to Kuwait cuz they wanted to use that invasion to establish a base in Saudi Arabia who then finally had to (debatable of course) agree out of fear, and then afterwards they did intervene and saved Kuwait once they got what they wanted.

In this case, it seems to me that the goal is to have a war of attrition locally in Ukraine (they don’t care about the people there at all, as per the usual, as they didn’t in the case of Kuwait and all those other countries either) to destabilize and weaken Russia itself in order for Ukraine to be Russia’s own “Afghanistan” (again, leading to the downfall of the USSR the first time), which is why of course they’re fine providing the Ukrainians with weapons although their own laws do not allow providing weapons to countries at war, not in the name of what is right (though officially yes, of course), but in the name of weakening Russia, their enemy.

so like @DontBeSilly put it

indeed, and fuck Biden, fuck Johnson, fuck Macron, fuck Scholz, fuck all politicians worldwide in general

3 Likes