The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Nice congrats!! be a little easier for you to get keys now with the master pools. Also you can go back through the ranks and claim more rewards. I got all the dell rewards the first time and now I am getting some of the others. Just got a free Alienware shirt about a month ago, pretty nice shirt too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Are you from USA ? I’m honestly interested the most on their fabled Steam Gift Cards. IDK what kind of rewards non-US users get.

2 Likes
5 Likes

A rubber ducky ? Nice, I guess. :sweat_smile:

I still want a Steam Gift Card, though.

3 Likes

Ah yeah I am from USA so different rewards. Never got any steam cards, but got quite a lot of dell rewards.

4 Likes

I knew someone had won a Steam card…Just had to do a search…

4 Likes

Yes, I do remember from this post, which’s why it’d be nice if I got one too. :crossed_fingers:

Also, have you recovered from the headache ?

3 Likes

Fuck Russia,Fuck Putin and honestly fuck ‘west’ for not preventing this.

My country is next.

6 Likes

Nope, still getting them. It’s related to the weather I think… The air pressures changing.

3 Likes

And so it begins…

If there’s any Ukrainian Chronies here or has some friends or relatives living there I suggest that you find some shelter, a very safe space to stay or leave the country if you can, and if you have a religion send prayers to that place. Let’s hope that all of this ends peacefully and don’t become a full scaled global war. :pray:

2 Likes

It began in 2014…wake up ,people. It wont end peacefully ,it will only end then Putin and his war machine will be crushed. Hopefully by US.

I understand that for a lot of you this is ‘far’ and hardly matters . But he will not stop at Ukraine.

4 Likes

imo he’s doing exactly the same thing he did with Georgia 10 years or so ago, just capture some territory, then have a ceasefire, thus leaving the country in a situation where they are technically still at war and partly occupied by Russia and hence are prevented from joining NATO

history repeats itself

he has nothing to gain from trying to capture the whole country indefinitely and in the long run it would cost them possibly everything because it’s unsustainable

perhaps he will try to quickly take Kiev and install a pro-Russia leader in Kiev and then leave, as some suggest, but i doubt it

4 Likes

You mean that’s what he did 8 years ago when he first started this war? Now he’s coming for the rest of it.

Lebensraum. Also Ukraine is a very good place for growing food in, it’s just that for some reason everyone’s failed to take advantage of this as of yet. But someone willing to set up serious agricultural infrastructure there could have a lot to gain from it.

IF we’re speculating at long term goals then as the global climate changes having control over food production will be a very useful strategic resource. This would also render Russia a lot more self reliant and all our sanctions wouldn’t even matter anymore.

1 Like

no, those were “Ukrainian separatists”, now it’s officially Russia officially occupying territory. There’s a big legal and political difference.

i’m just saying what i think it is, time will tell and i honestly dont rly care about being right or wrong in this case

it’s horrible and i hope it ends soon

2 Likes

Surely no one doubts that this was russia’s doing from the get go though? No matter how much they lie and obfuscate these “separatists” are russians, funded and armed by russia, lead and trained by russian military. Actual russian military personnel was also involved from the start and throughout.

Sure now it’s all out in the open, but lets not do them any favours and pretend like we bought their lies in the first place.

1 Like

yes, of course, but that differing factor might exactly be what prevents Ukraine from becoming a NATO member, and until proven otherwise, that’s what has driven Putin to do what he’s doing

is he a madman? yes. is he banking on the rest of the world not doing anything about it? yes (and let’s not forget they literally gave them several “green lights”, both the UK and the US by saying several times that they would not physically intervene)

I perfectly understand why he’s doing it, if that is indeed why he’s doing it. Hell, in the case of Crimea, I honestly wouldn’t have expected anything less from him because he literally had to make that move if he wanted to keep access to that seaport.

I believe his intention is to preserve what little world power and influence they still have by not giving up on regional power and influence, and i think he does so because he thinks it’s what is best for his country and ofc for what is to be his legacy.

but ofc u have to be a psychopath to be where he is in the first place

2 Likes

They even stopped pretending on their own pathetic level .

I’m just so frustrated that west is fully capable of removing him and his regime from the face of earth,but this is a downside of western democracy:too much talking.

That is why authoritarian regimes are so effective at doing ,it is just one or at best handful of people making all the desicions .

2 Likes

There’s so so much talking. And more talking.

Screw all the talking ,really.

Ukraine is asking for weapons. Thanks to US and UK for providing them . My country,Lithuania,as small as it is gave Ukraine our own limited supply of “Stinger” systems which are currently shooting down russian attack helicopters.

If a small country can give their limited resources,why rest of the ‘concerned’ Europe can’t…

2 Likes

cuz it’s all theater, all empty talk

cuz, again, it’s all theater; they only intervene when they stand to gain from it;

they intervened to help depose Qadhafi because if he’s not allowing them to plunder the country’s resources then to hell with the country and the people until a tool like Haftar can grab power

it’s not like they can put a dictator in place in Ukraine who will sell all the country’s resources for cheap to them while he fills his own pockets, is it?

those ppl and those organizations are the worst of the worst

oh, the West is in need of cheap labor and ppl who actually get lots of kids cuz there’s too much old ppl on retirement schemes and there’s not enough young ppl to support the health care system and no one wants the “shit jobs” etc., ez, just create a few wars here and there, let them kill each other for generations to come and “welcome the poor refugees”. Help them a few years, teach them the language, given them the shit jobs, tax their income and voila, cheap labor for generations to come…

that’s the reality of the world we live in, too bad for all the men, women, children and babies who died cuz of their evil schemes in the mean time

not to mention all the volunteers from organizations who then later go to those countries to “help them” by actually selling the supposedly given aid for sexual services or even outright raping women and children there

so yeah, it’s terrible and i wish it all quickly goes away for the Ukrainians, and, hell, even for the young Russians who don’t even want to be there in the first place, but let’s also not forget that what’s happening in Ukraine right now is just a regular Thursday in Syria, Yemen, Libya, etc., and how long has that been going on?

all that to say that in the end, those ppl sitting in their chairs “talking” and not doing anything at all about Ukraine are actually the very ppl responsible for the same shit that Putin is doing in Ukraine now but in “shithole” countries and in covert ways (and ofc Putin too, and others as well)

all that said, @DontBeSilly I sincerely hope your country is not next and there’s no next country at all, cuz i’m pretty sure that if he does not actually stop at the Donbas or does not get out quickly after a quick ruler-swap, it will be the start of WW3 because others will in fact become involved then.

edit: just look at this:

that’s how useless these ppl are

4 Likes

From bbc.com

One story of Ukrainian soldiers stirring emotions right now is the story of the Snake Island battle - where 13 Ukrainian guards on a tiny island in the Black Sea refused to surrender to a Russian warship. They held their ground and were killed in a bombardment.

Audio of the guards’ defiant final words has gone viral on Twitter, TikTok and other social media.

The Russian ship tells the Ukrainians: “I suggest you surrender your weapons and capitulate, otherwise I will open fire, do you copy?”

The Ukrainian guards can then be heard saying “this is it”, before they respond with: “Russian warship, go f— yourself.”

Ukrainian President Zelensky praised the guards’ bravery, saying they would all be posthumously awarded war hero honours.

“On our island Zmiiny [Snake Island], defending it to the last, all the border guards died heroically. But did not give up,” he said.

All of them will be awarded the title of Hero of Ukraine posthumously. Eternal memory to those who gave their lives for Ukraine."

This is what kind of people Ukrainians are. Strong and proud.

2 Likes