Game Dealz

Serious question here… is this Refunds = No Flash Sale a position that was ever acknowleged or is this the community coming to a consensus about a trend everybody noticed?

3 Likes

Can’t say either with certainty, maybe i’ll look into it later tonight but i think valve at least said that it did it so certain people wouldn’t miss deals for one reason or another. Also, i think they commented that since those sales went away they’ve made more money but there are other factors at play (steam increasing in both game and user number most obviously) but i sure do miss that fun factor.

Also there’s a pre-order for some mystery bundle on groupees,“The 6er”, for a buck fiddy and according to chat it has 3 unbundled games. One game we do know apparently is Sky Break on Steam. You’ve got some 40 minutes left if you wanna gamble a bit.

6 Likes

I see your point. I never really needed the refund feature, so I don’t have much knowledge of it. I’m not a compulsive buyer and usually I wait a good period of time before I purchase a game, it’s rare for me to buy a game at day one, early access or pre-order.

Since most games release with a considerable higher price due to my currency, even though steam applies a conversion discount, it’s wise to wait for some deals as well. So, I’m careful with what I spend money on.

Refunding is also something I don’t do because I don’t turn back on my decisions and I usually research about the product before purchasing, but I can understand why others would use it.

4 Likes

People in the US are used to returning items, rebating things for money, mortages… yeah, to me it is very weird as well. But that is how they operate.

3 Likes

Energy Balance free on Indiegala

https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung?massive

7 Likes

PAYDAY 2 free on steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/

10 Likes

Beat me to it, i was afk and saw the pop-up announcement from the Payday 2 group just now.

Got it ages ago, never liked it too much. Maybe some of you that get it for free will enjoy it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“ZeeX, post:150, topic:3563”]
Got it ages ago, never liked it too much [/quote]
I don’t like the DLC shenanigans they are pulling with this one now
granted one could argue i could have just gotten in on the deal “in time” to get them/the ones i (might have) wanted for -85%, but still, not letting it be up to the customer which they want to buy in the future i think is just bad practice
“forcing” them to now buy all (granted at a great discount, but still), 45$ for the complete package seems wrong, "let the people decide!"
pretty decent and fun game imo, but the dlc’s put me off, now that i wont even be able to pick and choose, for me that already own some dlc, i just got even more turned off to look at it again some day in the future maybe

2 Likes

Yeah all DLC combined weren’t too expensive (around 20 bucks, right? I paid 10 for the game) but i do agree it would be nice if they didn’t take away the DLC off of discount and sale so soon. Also games like Sleeping Dogs and State of Decay have their DLC available even though they have new editions that are separate Steam entries.
Not sure what their reasoning is and i haven’t been paying attention as i don’t care 'bout it but maybe they answered that somewhere. Either way it probably won’t be too long until the Ultimate Edition is on a nice, juicy discount.
People should vote with their wallets because in the end it’s the only thing that matters ;). Just wait a bit and you’ll get it all for cheap soon enough.

2 Likes

Humble Bundle have a new bundle or at least I think it is, it has an Ocean theme or something. A lot of interesting games in there and some very well established ones too. All for $10 (£7.50).

Link here to Humble Bundle: Oceans Day

I usually get emails about new bundles, I don’t recall seeing this one before, so I apologise if it has been mentioned already.

5 Likes

Nice catch and interesting bundle! Do note guys that it says it’s limited availability!

2 Likes

Energy Cycle free on indiegala

https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung?massive

huh looks just like my kitty
https://www.indiegala.com/img_game/giveaways/415960.jpg

3 Likes

I follow TB and watch most of his content and i am familiar with his feelings and criticisms towards key sites, if you’d like to talk more about it we could create a new topic to discuss.

couldn’t agree more,
personally i think any affiliate or promoting of G2A should banned everywhere
the fact they are/were even allowed to operate and wasn’t forcefully shut down with some of the blatant illegal practices they employ(ed) was beyond me
not to mention their BS excuses, personally i cant wait for laws to catch up so these types of practices can be prosecuted like the scum fences they are
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE - sharpens pitchfork and lights torch

4 Likes

If you want to see a g2a rep get heckled at by game developers go here Twitch

2 Likes

Don’t push down deal notifications, please.

personally i feel that any G2A “deals” should be pushed down and buried as far in the dirt as possible, but since Chrono hasn’t stepped in nor directly forbid linking or affiliations with them i guess i can see your point on that matter

1 Like

A discussion would be interesting, but I do believe this isn’t the right place for a discussion about another key seller.

Leaving the G2A thing behind, just saw on Epic Bundle which is a pretty good bundle and game deal news site for the most part (they get remaining time for bundle wrong sometimes for a negative example so watch at the source) that Moto Racer 4 is free on the publishers site (microids are legit but still no reason to leave your actual info)

http://www.microids.com/motoracer4/

And here’s the Steam page for the game if you want to peruse the user reviews etc.

Moto Racer 4 on Steam Hyperlink cuz the steam box thing is borked

4 Likes

So it takes a week to get the key?