Game Dealz

Use this thread to post game deals from elsewhere on the interbutts. But first, some rules because we’re ruthless overlords:

Have fun kiddos.

12 Likes

I am guessing this is in celebration for the release of the remastered version of StarCraft: Brood War, which is scheduled for this summer.

Enjoy!

P.S. This is an actual download. Not a Steam key.

6 Likes

This is what Rick Broida from CNET"s Cheapskate has to say about it:

Bonus deal: Free-game time! Late yesterday I shared the news that Blizzard is giving away the original StarCraft, one of the all-time great real-time strategy games. In fact, you get not only StarCraft, but also the Brood War expansion pack. Sure, the graphics are a bit dated, but the gameplay? Still awesome.

To get the freebie (available for Windows and Mac), all you have to do is follow the above link, then click the appropriate installer. Note that once you run it, the setup seems to include only Brood War, but don’t worry – you’re getting the full game.

5 Likes

"When the Saints are involved in something, they like to go for bigger, better, and more free. So with the arrival of Saints Row IV and Gat out of Hell, they are bringing along some deep Deep Silver discounts, Saints Row 2 for FREE, and the chance to Connect your Steam Saints Row collection with GOG.com. In collaboration with Deep Silver, we are giving away a free copy of Saints Row 2 to everybody for the next 48 hours!:

I have gotten a few good DRM-free games from using GOG Connect.

“Now, if you’ve already started your Saints Row collection on Steam, but would like to have these awesome games DRM-free on GOG.com as well, take advantage of GOG Connect for Saints Row series. Just go to connect.gog.com, link your Steam account and add any eligible Saints Row games to your GOG.com library.”

Rock Paper Shotgun Suggest a cool “Gentlemen of the Row mod for the squillion things it adds” to the game. Saints Row 2 is free on GOG right now | Rock Paper Shotgun Just make sure you read the directions.

Enjoy!

6 Likes

Humble Bundle is offering a free Steam key for Galactic Civilizations in their Humble Intergalactic Bundle. Just scroll down half way and you will see it. Make sure to uncheck the newsletters if you don’t want them.

I have no idea how long this will last.

6 Likes

Sale on SkullGirls For Steam

Bundle Stars Has SkullGirls on sale. Skullgirls 2nd Encore | Fanatical It’s $1.64 CA…I think it’s $1.50 US. The game is worth $10.99CA. Plus all the DLC is discounted.

Nice to see some Girl Power games.

"Skullgirls is a fast-paced 2-D fighting game that puts players in control of fierce warriors in an extraordinary Dark Deco world. Featuring all-new game systems which test the skills of veteran fighting game fans while also making the genre enjoyable and accessible to newcomers.

Skullgirls is a modern take on classic arcade fighters with a hand-drawn high-definition twist. It’s a one-of-a-kind, action-packed competition complete with awesome combos and an intriguing backstory."

4 Likes

A little update on the saint’s row II giveaway…

You can now claim a steam copy, just by clicking install game. Free for a limited time, so hurry up if you want the steam copy!

8 Likes

Thanks for that.:heart_eyes:

Some of these deals go so fast it isn’t worth posting them. Bundle Stars had Killing Floor on for a dollar. They had a timer on it.It went in less than hour.

There will be days when I am not on the net. My husband is diabetic and I have a bum knee and arthritis throughout my spine.plus I suffer from migraines at times. I use gaming as part of my pain management(it helps to keep my mind off it so i don’t take a lot of pain meds). So if you see something…post it.

You won’t hurt my feelings at all.:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

The current Pick & Mix from Bundlestars actually packs quite a punch in terms of cost/value, really recommended: Fanatical

3 Likes

I like how the GameDeals subreddit has all the rules needed for here. Here are the rules: Basically all the rules from that subreddit. Aaaaand done.

And thanks for all the PSAs on various awesome deals and giveaways. Love how proactive this community is. Also sorry to hear about your pain delenn13. Good to know you have ways to deal with it, but you certainly never deserved such an ailment.

3 Likes

GOG is giving another game away…Fantasy General

6 Likes

Indie Gala Is giving away Brilliant Bob.

https://www.indiegala.com/dieyoung#giveaway

Scroll halfway down and and click on the “X” in the blacked out section.

4 Likes

Indie Gala is also giving away Sparkle 2 Evo

Scroll halfway down and and click on the “X” in the blacked out section.

4 Likes

This little giveaways change fast. You can’t procrastinate on them.

2 Likes

I already have Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON, and Multiwinia, but if you don’t, this is an awesome deal. $10.39CA for 5 awesome games. I may just get it to get the game…and gift the other games.

Pre-order Scanner Sombre now and receive Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON, and Multiwinia for Free! you already own any of these bonus games on GOG.com, please contact our support team at scannersombresupport@gog.com to request a giftable game code. Offer lasts until 15:59 CEST - 03rd May 2017.

Inspired by Gone Home, Dear Esther and Proteus Scanner Somber is a cave exploration experience. With stunning visuals and a terrifying theme, it is the 6th major video game released by Introversion Software - creators of the million selling, BAFTA award winning Prison Architect as well as Uplink, Darwinia, DEFCON and Multiwinia.

2 Likes

Indie Gala has changed again…It’s SPARKLE 3 GENESIS Now.

4 Likes

Ars Technica is giving out free copies of The Witcher Enhanced Edition

7 Likes

Uplink is fun. I like their soundtrack too. Wished they kept doing R&D for multiplayer, instead of doing Darwinia at the time. I mean it made business sense to do what they did, but as a selfish opinion that wastes a lot of development time, I wanted multiplayer in Uplink.

3 Likes

Alienware Arena is giving away Steam keys for Minion Masters

https://eu.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/1227282/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/minion-masters-steam-key-giveaway

4 Likes

Indiegala has changed their giveaway again, this time they’re giving away They Came From the Moon.

6 Likes