Free-to-Play Games Thread

Hello, enjoyers of Happy Hobgoblin’s labor fruits!

To save you some time in you busy schedule, the summary of this post is that Happy Hobgoblin is going to dissolve and all its games, including this one, will be taken off Steam Store. If you already own it, nothing will change.

Now, the reason for this is that due to the difficulty of game development (actually, game sales) and the pandemic, the people at Happy Hobgoblin have decided slowly to move on to other industries or other projects. It was nothing dramatic, just a natural growth. Nobody also wanted the responsibility of all the administrative bureaucracy, taxes and other legally mandated things, so we decided to dissolve the company and distribute the IP’s to the people who in our minds should own them.

Thus, this decision. While in theory it is sad, for a lot of us it’s a relief, as now we can focus our lives fully on the next parts, so don’t feel sad. Hopefully this was informative and educational, and again, thank you for playing our games!

Respectfully,

Samuli Raninen

6 Likes

PUBG: Battlegrounds - is now free-to-play on Steam and Console

5 Likes

And people are really PO’d. :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Some of the anger can be understandable, in many cases going free to play can be a hugely negative thing. In many cases it signifies that the devs are just done with the project and current long standing issues will forever remain unfixed. It can also mean a huge influx of cheating and hacking, not sure if that was already a big problem for this game in particular though. Going F2P often heralds the ultimate death of a game.

This one is a bit of a special take though…

I don’t think they even have in game purchases, steam store page doesn’t say anything about it at least.

5 Likes

it probably is (it certainly used to be, particularly with Chinese players, just like H1Z1 and other games) and might be one of the reasons people are extra pissed, though I have no idea.

I’m not actually aware of anything other than i heard it was going f2p, which i think probably makes sense, just like csgo did and benefited from. Could b ppl are just pissed a 4-year-old game (is it rly only 4 years old, feels so much older) they paid money for is going f2p.

Some ppl probably rather see their favorite game die out than seeing other ppl enjoy it for free just cuz they don’t want anything good for anyone else. Remember the PS fanboy hate when they found out Horizon Zero Dawn etc. was coming to PC? That’s just unhealthy.

There are for sure; i think it’s only skins etc… There’s at the very least a type of gamepass. And there’s also steam market sales and trades for skins.

5 Likes

As you may have seen, PUBG: Battlegrounds is going free to play on January 12. Pre-registration for free play is open now, and you can sign up until January 11 23:59 UCT to earn special rewards exclusive to this event. If multiple platforms are linked to your account, the rewards will be sent to all linked platforms. You will receive the rewards once you access the game after maintenance on January 12.

How to get the rewards:

Make an account/Sign in to the pre-registration website https://pre-reg.pubg.com/ with your KRAFTON ID.

Take the My PUBG Play Style test (Event 03 - https://pre-reg.pubg.com/en-us/mbti) after signing in to receive all rewards.

Rewards:

1 Highside Slick Lv. 1 Backpack Item

1 Highside Slick T-Shirt Item

2 Preset Slot Coupons (7 Days)

1 PUBG BATTLEGROUNDS Spray

10 Contraband Coupons

PUBG links for all available platforms:

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/578080/PUBG_BATTLEGROUNDS/

Xbox: https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/pubg-battlegrounds/c0mn5dn8kr3f

PlayStation: https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=UP5082-CUSA14081_00-PTSBUN0000000000

Stadia: https://stadia.google.com/store/details/a4c5eb3f4e614b7fadbba64cba68f849rcp1/sku/71e7c4fc5ca24f0f8301da6d042bf18e

5 Likes

What’s the catch? Well, new players will still have to pay up $13 if they want to play ranked. A one-off payment of $13 gets you “Battlegrounds plus”, which means you get access to ranked and custom matches, extra perks, items, XP boost, etc.

6 Likes

Just like CS:GO, really.

screenshot-store.steampowered.com-2022.01.12-01_06_07

6 Likes

5 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I grabbed that one. Looks pretty cool. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

Oil Rush on Steam is now free, including its DLCs

For ArchiSteamFarm (ASF) users:

!addlicense asf 678706, 678714, 678707

7 Likes

Thanks @rallen4269 :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Already had.

5 Likes

>>> Aleph One - Marathon Open Source Games <<<

>>> Simplici7y - Mods and Maps for AlephOne Marathon Games <<<

9 Likes

Oh cool. Bungie just recently released some Marathon based gear in Destiny 2 a part of their 30th-anniversary pack.

5 Likes

I’ve included the site where you can find mods and maps for these games. Have fun! :+1:

5 Likes

This game will soon become free of charge, and if you bought it you can get the sequel for free.

I will be happier if more people can enjoy my game, instead of earning few money -highly taxed- from it.
That’s why I decided to release the first chapter of Our Hero!, Our Hero! First, for free for everyone.
You can get your copy of the game starting from February 2nd :grin:
From February 2nd Our Hero! First will be free for everyone!
I hope you’ll enjoy the game! (leave your feedbacks in a review, please!)
Have a nice adventure! :blush:

:exclamation:ATTENTION :exclamation:If you already own the game, contact me and I’ll give you a Steam key for getting the second chapter, Our Hero! Two, for free!

Send an email to info@stesproject.com, attaching a proof of your purchase. To get a proof of purchase:
click on your account → Account details → View purchase history and take a screenshot of the row with the record of Our Hero! First

:exclamation::exclamation:ATTENTION :exclamation::exclamation:If you already own both two games I have nothing else I can give you, but a big thank you with all my heart for supporting my work :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

i sent the email with the proff i adquire the first game i hoppe he sent the second game

6 Likes

today i receibed the key wao thats was fast jjjejejeje

6 Likes

Did you change your title or did it get changed in the move that was done?

4 Likes

i dont change nothing i send the buy for the game in my acount buy nothing else

5 Likes