6 Likes

Free on GOG:

7 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

Also free on Steam (don’t know if that’s temporary?):
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1481400/Dagon_by_H_P_Lovecraft/

6 Likes

It’s permanently free.

I’d skip it unless you have time to burn though. It’s essentially an audiobook with some 3D illustrations you can look around. The looking-around segments interrupt the narration, but don’t provide enough interactivity to be interesting enough to warrant it. Some of them outright contradict what’s in the narration, too…
There are collectables that provide background information on Lovecraft and the story, and while they’re interesting, they’re a further distraction, making the overall experience worse.

6 Likes

@eishiya thanks for the information, very useful to save me some time. :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

4 Likes

Thanks, @carvalho20ptc, @markwr, and @eishiya:heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

That’s how I felt as well.

That’s why in my review, I specifically mentioned that people should play through without worrying about finding all of the details and maybe go through again to do if they want the 100%.

The additional information was interesting, nevertheless.

@markwr , you could always read the short story, as it’s easily found online in a number of formats and is only a few pages long. And see how your own brain’s imaginative rendering compares to that of the game. I thought some of the details in the game were really worth looking at.

8 Likes

Free Games from Blizzard:

Hello Community, you can download 3 of 5 games from the Arcade Collection for free. Normally you need to have the “Arcade Collection” to download the games.

Only Blackthrone has a Mac Version the other 2 games works only on Windows.

Blackthrone:

Windows

Download Battle.net | Battle.net

MacOS

Rock 'n Roll Racing:

Windows

The Lost Vikings

Windows

7 Likes

Scraping the barrel hard for things their predecessors made to try refresh their facade of competency?

7 Likes

Sad thing is before they introduced the Arcade Collection, all of these games were free to download all the time.

7 Likes

I was just about to say “wait, those games have been free for a while now.”

Also, keep in mind the Genesis/Mega Drive version of Lost Vikings has a few extra levels that aren’t in the SNES or PC version.

6 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

I’m so ashamed that I’m actually enjoying League of Legends: Wild Rift. It’s got the fun stuff of the PC game but without the toxic chat blaring right in your face. Also, the combat is made super simple for idiots like me. :sweat_smile:

(that’s me saying it’s a good free game!)

6 Likes

Was just released a few days ago. Free-to-Play…Heads up for @markwr Sorry my head is still not up to par. I can’t remember the other TD people.

Bloons TD Battles 2

6 Likes

Thanks @delenn13 :sparkles: :dizzy: :sparkles:

Not singleplayer, so I’m likely not as interested. May look at it some day though.

5 Likes

Now free to play.

9 Likes

Thanks @carvalho20ptc :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

I am not a big fan of RPS since they got so greedy but this is a nice list. You might find one game in there for your liking. The links for the games are on the right side in each section.

8 Likes

Been playing this one for a while, its quite fun :gun:

8 Likes

@delenn13 Idk about the company, but that is an interesting list indeed. Thanks. :heart:

5 Likes