Free-to-Play Games Thread

@cacronia
She means your Chrono title. You changed from “I’m so Excited!” to “Enthusiast”.

6 Likes

jjajja i dont know she referred to title and yeah

5 Likes

Some beat-em-up games, free of charge! :+1:

>>> Streets of Rage 2X <<<

>>> He-Man and The Masters of The Universe <<<

>>> D&D: Rise Of The Warduke <<<

9 Likes

Oooh! Good finds @carvalho20ptc Sweet ole kick a$$ games.

5 Likes

The beginning of the D&D video made me laugh. I didn’t understand what he was saying. But seeing the player select screen.

Pick Your Class!
PALADIN / elf? / FIGHTER / MAGE / CLERIC / dwarf? / THIEF

It tickled me more than it should have, the character class being a character race. :laughing:

6 Likes

Ah yes, he’s speaking in my language, heh. And yes, the intro is pretty cheesy, feeling like one of those homebrew/unlicensed games. :sweat_smile:

I’ve edited to put another video, which’s a playlist with tutorial and gameplay.

6 Likes

Edit: More free games:

8 Likes

Another paid game becoming F2P:

7 Likes

I watched a playthrough of chapter 1. I’m not good with horror games, so I just can’t.

If there was a horror game I really wanted to play, I would intentionally get myself killed dozens of times until I stop getting jittery and then I can finally enjoy the game.

5 Likes

Poppy playtime is cool, and tense in the atmosphere. I saw some buyers on Steam complaining, but idk, it wasn’t like $60 USD. Maybe those people can get a DLC for free? Idk how Steam would track that.

Dark Deception @GDBringer was released in DLC Chapters. It’s a Pacman styled game. Some of the enemies are scary to me, like the monkeys. The animatronics were cool. Also, yes, heck of a lot of deaths in the playthroughs I watched, lol. You get special abilities that helps with the Pacman like running around.

5 Likes

Most of the complaints I’ve seen recently (there’s a lot more drama surrounding this game) are about the first chapter going FTP and about the price increase for the Chapter 2 DLC ($9.99 instead of the previously stated $4.99 for each one).

Someone on Steam quoted a post explaining why from the developer’s official Discord:

4 Likes

I really don’t see where people get the idea that they’re getting scammed by buying something that at a later point becomes free to play from. You paid to gain access to the thing at the time, sure I guess if you bought it within a short period of time before the announcement I’d understand a level of discontentment.

But this whole since I paid for a thing at some point it’s unfair to me some how that others wont have to pay from now on thing is ridiculous.

9 Likes

I’m hearing that this game is running a F2P beta test right now, up until the 16th. If you fancy some MMOesque FPS survival, this could be worth having a go at.

6 Likes

I don’t know how I’ve missed this the first time I saw it but I finally got to know this great version of Outrun called Cannonball. And the best of all: this engine was made from the ground up so it’s not one of those emulated versions you see out there. It still requires a ROM of the original game, though.

5 Likes

What does it need the ROM for if it isn’t emulating the game? Shouldn’t it be able to run on its own if it was built from the ground up (as opposed to, say, built off of the ROM)?

5 Likes

Well, it says the following:

CannonBall is an souped up game engine for the OutRun arcade game. The original 68000 and Z80 assembler code has been rewritten in C++. This makes it possible to make improvements suitable for modern platforms, including a higher frame-rate and widescreen support. It requires the original ROMs, as these contain elements including the graphics and audio data.

Consider it something similar to a “source port” of sorts like Commander Genius, GZDoom, PrBoom+ and others.

4 Likes

4 Likes

O…K. Grass Cutter looks really fun. Lawn Mower. ahem

What kind of Stephen King, clones of dogs are trying to kill one guy, messed up universe of madness is that?!

5 Likes

This one is so purty plus you get to fly. What you think, @Enki and @Danacscott? Use a controller too.

7 Likes

Ohh… it so pretty! If only I could run it. purr Nice spotted @delenn13

5 Likes