[FIXED] Epic Games Store is REMOVING the games billing information on timely basis

Reminder to keep things civil and respectable. We’re talking about a video game client here, it’s not the end of the world.

7 Likes

4 Likes

i was out of q-tips yday, literally my expression in the mirror right there :smile:

5 Likes

I agree with you, man. Never did I say I didn’t. Just wondering what else could be done.

4 Likes

so epic games app just scrubbed my entire purchase history!! I only have 2 games, Metro Exodus and World War Z. World War Z now says “Get” instead of “launch”. after emailing epic they demanded my ip address, when I joined epic which was back in 2016 for fortnite, other systems tied to my epic account account, the last 4 digits of my credit card blah blah. I provided him all this info and he says it does not match!!

Dear *****,

Thank you for your reply and for providing me with the Order ID of your purchase.
Christos again.

I manage to locate the account with this purchase.

In order for me to proceed further with my investigation and also to verify that you are the true owner of the account, I would like from you to provide me the following information.

1)Your public IP address(es) (IPv4), which you can find by searching “What is my IP address” in your internet browser ( not private IP an example 192.168.1.1 ), an example of a Public IP: 107.77.192.24.

2)Date when you created your Epic Games account (you can see the account creation email).

3)An invoice ID for any Epic Games purchases you made on the account (the Invoice ID begins with an “A,” followed by 8 digits; example: A12345678).

4)I am sure you know where you made the purchases from. The country should be enough but more information are always appreciated.

1. The first nickname of the account.

2. Last 4 digits of the first payment card used on the account. Ignore if the purchased weren’t made via credit card.

3. Date of your last login, as of the time you send me your response.

4. Names of any PlayStation, Switch, Twitch, or Xbox accounts connected to your Epic Games account and the dates when they were connected.

Here in Epic Games security of our players is our top priority, so if we’re unable to verify you own the account, we won’t be able to make any changes.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply!

Kind Regards,

I sent him my paypal purchase history for both games and he still says sorry that’s not a match! how could I even have Metro Exodus working and WWZ not?

I remember a few days ago I had to re-enter my login info when I opened the app to play wwz a few days ago! very odd!

4 Likes

The fact they ask for an IP address bewilders me. If they truly care about security that shouldn’t be one of the quetions asked. What about VPNs?

And also God forbit anyone decides to move.

Honestly no idea why they’d ask so many questions… Man I’m sorry for you. :frowning:

4 Likes

Well, since I have zero intention of making a purchase from them, I guess I should just sit back and actually play the freebies I have that I don’t already have on Steam, and if my account get scrubbed, to never use it again.

5 Likes

Saying, “I’m this customer.” Them replying, “Nuh uh!” is really disingenuous of them. Once they decide they are right, despite all your provided information, they will start ignoring you.

Aside from somehow getting the gaming community to support you, there is no way for a normal player to win these type of arguments. You need to be a big gaming youtuber for swift fixing. Or somehow garner community support from twitter, reddit, their gaming forums (only if their developers frequent certain forums.)

I recommend posting it on reddit in the appropriate game subreddit. In this case, it should be World War Z. But looking at those…there are not enough people…

https://www.reddit.com/r/epicgames/
https://www.reddit.com/r/epicgames/

So, you should post in https://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/. They love outrage and fall harder if it is justifiable.

But you need lots of pictures.

1. Picture of your gaming library. Showing you only have Metro Exodus.
  2. Picture of your purchase history. Showing nothing there since it was scrubbed.
  3. Picture of Fortnite? Somehow proving that you made purchases I guess? I don’t do Fortnite so I don’t know what evidence you would need.
  4. Picture of the emails from Epic (OMIT your email and Credit Card info!). Especially the email asking for your IP.
  5. Picture of your paypal purchase history.

After that, type very angry (not offensive) words on the reddit and answer questions any of the redditors ask and edit the main post if its an important addendum (if the post even makes it to popular). Maybe even make the post clickbaity like…HELP! Epic Games removed my games! Which is technically correct since they removed the “games” from your payment history.

Reddit loves pictures because words are too difficult for that outrage mob anyway. Just linking pictures and they won’t even click it, believe it 100% anyway, and join the outrage.

If this doesn’t work, that is basically your last chance and Epic Games will not change their mind. Good luck.

7 Likes

I have zero intention of installing their (currently) bloatware.

I’d rather buy stuff on steam or GOG than get it for free on epic.

6 Likes

If it’s a game I am likely to play and replay, I would do that. For a lot of these, for me at least, it’s a play through once and be done with. So if a company let’s me play for free, I am usually too cheap to go buy on another platform…

5 Likes

How is that a way of identifying you? I could have been at a coffee shop using a VPN. Or I changed my ISP…which could be a fact soon if they don’t get their act together. I could have been on vacation…this makes no sense whatsoever…

I have about 7 and I switch between 3 and 4 of them because i get points/money etc…It depends on how close one is to where i can cash it out…And certain times of the year I get double points/cash.

Note to self: Self, forget about Epic. They don’t know ya…or care to know you.

8 Likes

Hey sorry going to bug you on this thread too again lol. I started thinking about this again because Cyberpunk being given away for free in the Steam event, so started thinking about ITAD prices again and people that look at hist lows. This is very limited and not exactly open to everyone so doubt it goes on ITAD as a price drop but started looking into games from the Epic sale and wondered why ITAD didn’t nuke all the prices there. Ghost recon wildlands still shows $15 hist low but I got it for $5. IDK I guess just another reason why I see looking at ITAD only as being kinda silly lol. Sorry this comment probably isn’t very meaningful but it just got me thinking about it again :smile:

3 Likes

because Cyberpunk being given away for free in the Steam event, so

4 Likes

yup as soon as the event started everyone moved Cyberpunk to the top of their wishlist, including me lol. So of course it is the top game given away right now

5 Likes

not sure why that one escaped, might have gotten an exemption, manual overhaul, or “something” when they scraped/updated it
as an example, subnautica below 0 still holds it’s 6€ “voucher” price on itad, but Subnautica don’t and is listed as lowest for 15 on epic(not counting the freebie) :man_shrugging:
i know after a little while they changed it from an automatic price, to count as a coupon on ITAD, meaning it don’t default/auto add that price,
but why then all games didn’t get updated “equally” to reflect this i’ve no clue :thinking:, nor even why the bothered to in the first place, guess they must have felt it was necessary, -but not warranting enough effort to make sure it was “reverted” for all apps :sweat_smile:

but yea, itad/price matching sites has their flaws, many are for instance “broken”, like mentioned with @fraggles in regards to price increase vs discount with early access, or just other events
most easy one to mention is; back before 2016 when tons of games were common to get massive discounts, flash deals etc. So some prices still remain as rock bottom for those games, despite (likely) never going to see that match again, and as result don’t pop up unless you adjust the notify price threshold for such games yourself
^which is also why it’s not really something to be used as a “be all”/100% reliable tool when for a glance comparison and quick purchase. But more something for those that want a decent avg aggregate, or penny pinchers or those that just don’t want to get taken in by “fake”/mediocre discounts -like the current steam sale :wink:

5 Likes

ah ok cool, pretty much how I see it as well. I was just bored, nothing to do in this steam event smh, so started looking at this again. You always have good info to share so thought id continue our conversation on it :smile:

5 Likes

It’s kinda looking now like these free aren’t even truly tied to your account, I’m seeing some people saying that their free games were removed from their library after reinstalling the game/laucher.

There’s some people talking about it in a Steam group discussion here.

Edit: Corrected link so it didn’t send you to one of the pages linked already on the discussion.

5 Likes

i’m not laughing because of these people’s misfortune, i’m laughing because the exact scenario happened that was predictable mentioned in one of the earliest replies :joy:

4 Likes

Anyone else feeling a little Schadenfreude on this beautiful Sunday?

5 Likes

yo cmon

2 Likes