Coronavirus

I work at a grocery store and a restaurant. I’m honestly not sure what I’m gonna do. I mean I guess I’ll keep working but I’ve got small kids, so I need to be super careful. Thankfully, I work in the back of house for both places (prep at the store and cooking at the other) so my outside contact is pretty limited.

9 Likes

Today is the first day taste buds are starting to come back - eggs sunny side up never tasted so good after over a week of bland textures that resembled food shapes. Still not 100%, but did some private gym time, read the news, looked out the window. :poop:

12 Likes

Having children and working with food, you’re more likely to find the virus at home and bring it to work than the other way around. Might want to hold back on spitting in people’s food and keep your kids soaped up.

6 Likes

He works in a restaurant and a grocery store, places which get plenty of exposure to plenty of ppl. Even if he’s in the back, the probability of a customer carrying it in and giving it to one of his colleagues, after which it is easily transmitted to him (given that he’s in the back), must be thousands of times higher than his kids randomly having it at home…

@Vindace God protect u and your family, and the same for everyone here and everyone everywhere

6 Likes

@Fraggles @M00 I think both of you are right.

I don’t get the whole spitting in food thing (like why? what good does it do other than childishly get back at someone?).
My family isn’t in hardcore quarantine but we’re taking very few chances over the next while. Thankfully my area has 0 confirmed cases so far, but that could change at any time. I am worried about being given it by a colleague or something, but we’re all taking extra precautions and I’m quite good about making sure I stay clean. I also cover my section alone thankfully.

Thanks M00.

7 Likes

Which one?

6 Likes

Nurgle, it’s the only God that can save us now. His salvation will change us into something unrecognizable, but rejoice in his rot as it will make us stronger.

6 Likes

Take it easy and know we are praying for ya.

I left you a PM :star_struck::sunglasses::heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

the only One there is, regardless of whether you call him God, Dieu, Allah, Elohim; the One Who sent all the prophets with the same message, the Creator, the One Who created all diseases and all cures

I’m not trying to make this thread into something it’s not supposed to be now, just answering your question.

5 Likes

All non essential travel is now being discouraged in the UK and especially London. Going to pubs, clubs and restaurants etc
This is a big change in the previous advice. I was already working from home though.

7 Likes

Well 99% of cases i just avoid this topic alltogether because people tend to be super butthurt about their religion but imho religion is worst invention of human kind.

Though when it comes to topics like this one , there you talk about countless people risking their lives to help us all (scientists,doctors in this case and/or fireman or rescuer teams in some natural disaster case ) it’s that 1% i dont feel like avoiding this.

Imaginery friends shouldnt be part of this. They do not have a single thing to do with this issue. Our doctors and medical workes and at the end of the day our own hygene and awarness is what’s going to get us through this , not magical beings in the sky wherever someone think they live at.

10 Likes

you are as much entitled to believe whatever you wish to believe as I am, my friend; I have my belief and you have yours; I used to believe the same as you do now, but then I actually researched it, and based on what I found, that changed.

as for applying all we’ve learned so far and praising the ppl who are actively fighting this and trying to protect ppl and cure them, we 100% agree on that :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Well i cant say i do entirely understand what you mean. It’s not what i believe in, it’s what i’m not believing in and feeling like it has no place in real life issues BUT i do not feel like arguing will bring anything of value here.

I said what i was compelled to say and i’m happy to leave it at that.

8 Likes

I think @DontBeSilly shouldn’t have derailed the thread by bringing up the topic of religion over what’s basically a figure of speech…
but

Can you cite your sources? I’m curious to see what changed your mind.

4 Likes

Feel free to take it into PMs, we don’t really need this thread to move into proselytizing.

Should really look into joining the putrid legions of Nurgle though, for reals.

8 Likes

Well 2 confirmed cases in Barbados now. They are in quarantine. We’re not shutdown or anything yet. Gotta see how things go.

8 Likes

I hope it stays that way. I just got (temporarily) cut from my restaurant job until further notice, as we’ve cut back to take out only. Things are starting to close down more and more here, which honestly I think is for the better until this blows through.

9 Likes

Same. They are going to have to discourage cruise ship passengers from disembarking. Our main industry is tourism, but right now, the foreign exchange can’t be more of a priority than public health. That’s just the idealist in me talking maybe.

10 Likes

I’m honestly surprised cruise ships are still going through right now.

10 Likes