Chrono's Animal Farm: The Community Giveaway III - [WINNERS ARE NOTIFIED, Check PMs]

I would like to enter for Owlboy.

Without a doubt, my favourite moment in gaming would have to be the ending of Portal 2.

Spoiler Video

The song is so loaded with emotion, I am not embarrassed to say I get misty eyed every time I hear it
Cara Mia

10 Likes

Entering for Owlboy.

I have tons of tiny moments in Oblivion, mostly bittersweet (The arena, the university, the dark brotherhood…) but I won’t spoil anything, play it already!!

So… thanks to @nebula7, @DanosaurJr and @coralinecastell for sharing those lovely dad stories, made me moody for some reason.

The thing is that he did introduce me to gaming but he’s not much of a gamer himself. Anything “non-real-life-related” is merely a passtime for him, like a fun way of wasting time, even movies! (He’s chill about it tho, It’s just that those things are not “high art” for him I guess)

So I’m going to say Abzû. My sister (+2 years) and my dad, whenever on beach family vacation, would go swiming like super far with pool googles. So I was like 13 (?) but super tiny, super skinny and a asthmatic mess, buring myself in the sand was my thing I guess.

But this time we went to a spot, no sand, all rocks (with a bar nearby and a pool ladder to get in from the rocks, so… responsible dosis of adventure haha) and It was pretty far from the coastline but calm waters. Sorry for the shitty explanation.

So I went in! With my dad ob, and he’d had to put his enormous hand in my belly bc I coulnd’t keep still I was so nervous/scared/excited, it was amazing, so full of life.

Playing Abzû felt like that, I suppose for a lot of people it’s a relaxing experience but it was really intense.

In some places you can just keep going straight or go down (I even skipped the first one) you can’t see the seafloor at all and I had to swim for a while getting used to being so tense/scared before going down.

This game was a blast, the fact that I’d “done it” in real life helped me, It sounds dumb since It’s so peacefull and all but I panicked Alt+F4 in the first area, like the first seconds (with all the sounds and being in the middle of nowhere)

I don’t have many Dad stories since we are sooo diferent and I’m not particularly good at anything (Not even good at breathing lmao) so thanks for reminding me of this one ^^

Thanks for the sweet giveaway and the cool stories :sparkling_heart: :whale2: :sparkling_heart:

16 Likes

I would like to enter for Stardew Valley.
My favorite moment was the first time I killed the Moon Lord in Terraria.

8 Likes

The most memorable part of portal 2 was just before that moment, when

Spoiler

You shoot the portal gun at the moon. I remember when Chell hits the ground and looks up I was thinking “wouldn’t it be funny if you could shoot at the moon, how great would that be?” and then I shot at it for fun and my jaw dropped, it was a beautiful surprise.

10 Likes
Response to spoiler

If only that song went on for a lot longer. I thought they would show more of the facility and maybe roll the credits as you kept going up and hearing the music, but nope it goes immediately toward the end.

8 Likes

Would you mind please editing your original post and put the games you want in there in future?

Same for everyone who has decided to enter for more games rather than just one, please just edit your post.
It is painstaking sometimes sifting through comments for the draw without multiple posts saying the same or additional games.

It is my fault, I assumed everyone knew to enter for as much as they wanted. It is a learning curve and my head is elsewhere this week.

Thank you.

11 Likes

Should I do that now?

7 Likes

It honestly doesn’t matter now, mate, unless you want to but I have made a note of it.

I just had a bad feeling that there was going to now be multiple posts, either asking for new games to enter for or both new and the original game that was asked for in the new post, then I’d have to go triple checking everything to make sure I have not added people multiple times for the same games, as opposed to just scrolling through the list one at a time and adding names to game lists.

I need to prepare these things better, instead of last minute. It is entirely my fault. I just saw a potential problem coming and thought I should mention it now before it gets too confusing but essentially you are fine as is because I spotted you already, you being a regular on the forums.

It was the Spongebob avatar, that saved me. :wink:

11 Likes

Animal Farm sure sounds like a happy place where nothing ever goes wrong. I’ll enter for Owlboy.

One of my favorite moments will always be the end of Sonic Adventure 2. Eggman asks Sonic to team up (even though he’s part of the issue) and it’s all stupid good times. I’m a sucker for moments when rivals have to team up against bigger badder dudes.

13 Likes

I’d like to enter for everything except the VR stuff :smiley: :greed:

Fav gaming moments? I liked Vaas when he quoted how insane minds repeat things over and over again expecting different results, but I guess everybody did :sweat_smile:

all of Metro: LL (it’s just one spectacular great gaming moment to me lol), but if I have to be more specific, the best one was probably in M: LL when one enters one of the bigger stations for the first time and there’s a man shadow playing animals…I don’t wanna spoil anything, but that was just so good and heart warming and cute and incredibly creative imho and not even part of any quest :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

I would like to enter for Owlboy and Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition please :slight_smile:

As for my favorite gaming moments, I really miss my high school’s monthly Halo competition. Anyone who was interested in proving that they were the best spartan would take part in this. Although I always ended up dying to a plasma grenade to the face, the fun during the matches and making friends during them were always one of my favorite moments in my gaming history.

11 Likes

I think that was likely the same when I realized that Zelda referred not to Link, but to the princess… Though this is much more widely known. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

This is going to sound weird, @Rilover, but I got watery eyes reading your story. I don’t know why I just… I could picture it, you know? The sun hitting the water and the sheer beauty and intensity of going underwater with a helping hand.

The willingness and abandon it takes to just let go.

Reminded me of one of my absolute favorite scenes in movies, and one that made me tear-up when I rewatched it after reading your post: the swimming scene in Moonlight (2016). Juan is a father figure to Little, and whenever I watch this scene it feels like time just stops and I forget how to breathe, completely awa-struck as Little trusts Juan to teach him how to swim.

It’s a beautifully wrecking scene in a powerful movie. You can watch the scene here if you want to, but I’d also suggest you watch the movie if you haven’t yet – it adds an extra layer to the beauty of the scene.

oh for fs sake I’m crying.

14 Likes

I would like to enter for Owlboy, Sleeping Dogs and Stardew Valley! :blue_heart:

Favourite gaming moments from gaming history? :thinking:
I don’t really like putting things in to “favourites”, I’m afraid I’ll forget something :tired_face:
But eh… back when I was playing Ape Escape with my brother on the PS1 was fantastic! Also some of the other games we played, like Wrestling (can’t remember the name), Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Soulblade… :smiley:

14 Likes

I would love to enter for a copy of Owlboy and Stardew Valley!

When I was a wee lad I used to play a lot of Minecraft. I think my favorite moments in gaming was the joy of building horribly ugly towns with my friends and dying and loosing all our stuff a lot - we weren’t particularly good at the game.
Other then that, winning a game of civ on the marathon time scale just feels amazing. Like you should give it a go sometime (unless you have a life or something).

12 Likes

My favorite gaming moments started when my family began playing Minecraft. I played it with by myself, with my neighbors, my kids friends, friends of my kid’s friends, my kid’s enemies, people that nobody knew (how did they get on our server? lol). It was before version 1.0, so getting the new updates was exciting. It also got me going on pc gaming and that’s become a pretty substantial addiction…

Thanks for the giveaway. I’m good on these titles. Good luck to everybody else!

13 Likes

Not weird at all! That was incredibly sweet, thank you so much for sharing.

And this:

Spot on, made my day big time knowing that a little bit of me was part of that feeling, definetly watching the movie tonight (Already pretty dark over here so It’s sooner than later ^^) :blue_heart:

11 Likes

STARDEW VALLEY Sounds good to me. I didn’t enter last week. wanted to wait tl now, Happy gameing everyone…

8 Likes

I think you have the best Dad story so far (not that it’s a competition), so much emotion, you’re a sweetheart

I’d say you are pretty good at evocative writing.

13 Likes

My potato was so not ready for this [(+ you cought me after the movie) It was awesome btw)]

In all seriousness, thank you… those were two really nice things you just said there and I cried a little bit over the two, one at a time, the second was just sugar but the first one hit like a truck after the movie <3

Your gaming daddies rock tho.

14 Likes