Chrono's Animal Farm: The Community Giveaway III - [WINNERS ARE NOTIFIED, Check PMs]

I liked the first act of Moonlight, Mahershala (sp?) Ali, Juan, killed it, the second act wasn’t as great but the third was a let down, the actor was really average and couldn’t hold a candle to the rest of the cast and I think they skipped too much time so I wasn’t invested in the continuation of his story.

Hidden Figures was much better (which Mahershala was also in) and I wish it had won the Oscar instead but nothing will ever be greater than that mix up at the ceremony.

12 Likes

The first act was my favourite too, Ali ob great but those kids… Especially Little, haunting stare…

I got that too but in like that’s the thing they were looking for (?) Disappointment. He got the quirks of the character and felt like Chiron to me, underplaying felt right.

And the increasing gaps didn’t really bother me, like when somebody talks to him and he won’t listen, those years felt like that, fast, auto-pilot, not real decisions, not really friends. The only thing worth stopping for was the phonecall. Hopefully he’ll get more stops along the way.

I’ll watch hidden figures soon enough then, looks cool ^^
The mix up thoo It went for sooo long, poor thing.

9 Likes

i really like how our recent giveaways results in interesting or wonderful stuff being shared/learned about users -didn’t quite expect these heartwarming nuggets
:hugs:

13 Likes

Awww so glad you liked the movie! I swear I didn’t expect you to go ahead and watch it so soon hahaha Super glad you did, though. :yellow_heart:

Here, have many potatoes to mash and heal your potato with:

:potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato:

Po-ta-to-es are great.

9 Likes

ha ha ha who’s crying? you’re crying.

stop frying those nuggets near my face dude it makes my eyes go bleary and funny and me no likey

9 Likes

Getting awful mushy in here!:poop:

9 Likes

That’s a great gaming memory…

JK

10 Likes

I would like to enter for:
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Stardew Valley

My favourite gaming moment would be when I finished Bioshock Infinite.That ending just blew my mind! If you’ve played it, you’ll know what I’m talking about!

10 Likes

I’m not entering this time, I’m quite busy right now and already have lots of games to play but…

I remember one day when I was 5 years old and had pneumonia (quite a dangerous disesase for kids at that time), then I was carried to the hospital and brought my snes with me (actually a cheaper version of a snes).
All I remember is that i had a great time playing almost 24/7 and had some members of my family coming to visit me from time to time. My parents were all preoccupied and I was just chillin.
It served me as a good reminder that sometimes things can be much easier if we have the right mindset and/or circumstances.

13 Likes

@ploki, one of my best friends suffered a severe car accident that almost killed him when he was 6. So much so that he has no memory prior to it and sometimes has trouble focusing his attention on stuff – other than that he’s fine, though.

Anyway, your story reminded me of that because, for the long time he had to be kept in a cold hospital bed, he played Zelda. It’s like… his oldest memory.

He doesn’t love Zelda. Zelda saved him. He honestly believes that if he hadn’t had something interesting with him during that crucial recovery period, he would have just given up altogether.

So yeah, he tells me the same thing you said here. I believe you two are among the many brave young children who somehow managed to stay strong in daring circumstances. Circumstances which many of us may have given up on had they happen in our adult life.

I sincerely don’t understand the people out there who want to ban video games in the grounds of it “enticing violence”. I think they’re a beacon of hope, and I’m glad your snes kept you company and did exactly dad during your childhood struggles.

Hope your health has since improved as well. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Firstly, I am more equal than everyone else in this thread.

Secondly, I’d like to enter for Stardew Valley…for all sorts of reasons. I read the development story of this game and I am in awe of Eric Barone.

Last and not least there are many moments that have stuck with me over my time as a gamer. I’ve finished three arcade machines (Operation Thunderbolt, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Knights of the Round), I’ve S ranked every stage on Devil May Cry, I’ve worn out my Amiga floppy disks of The Secret of Monkey Island LeChucks Revenge…but possibly the moment that sticks with me the most is my first. I remember being teeny and coming home from school to see a strange gizmo hooked up to the TV set. It was a hunk of plastic that looked a bit like a typewriter and it had a rainbow on it and was connected to a tape deck. Mum and dad were huddled around the TV and it was emitting a crazy screech as piercing wails emanated from the screen…a sound I would come to love. After 5 minutes or so the sound stopped and on screen the picture changed to SPACE INVADERS. Perhaps today this would be dismissed but as a child this was a first step into a magical world of imagination…I was hooked. Hiding behind the protective screens, nipping out to shoot at the descending menace. It was perfect!

Now perhaps I’ve had more intense or exciting moments later in life, but my first is the one that is the most precious to me.

13 Likes

These are some wonderful stories I am reading today. Thanks for sharing everyone!

13 Likes

And another awesome chrono.gg community giveaway! I really should make one myself, just to give the community something back. But let’s get to my entry:
I would love to get Owlboy or Sleeping Dogs, both are on my long list of games i want to play before real life gets me, leaving me no time to play those masterpieces.

So i’m not entirely sure if “Share Your Favourite Gaming Moments From Gaming History” means, from all of gaming history, (something like that awesome halo 2 arg with the “ilovebees” website and so on, don’t know if anybody remembers this ( i certainly don’t since i was about the age of 6 years at that time), but man what would i give just to go back in time, actively being part of this arg community.
However let’s get back to the main topic of this post. After reading some of the previous post i assume, the giveaway bulletpoint is actually referring to personal gaming moments from MY gaming history (if not then the halo 2 arg which i mentioned above should also count, since i loved kinda reliving it by watching some extremely detailed videos, or maybe you could even say documentaries about it, however-) in this case i would absolutely count the moment i, for the first time really got into gaming as THE gaming moment from MY gaming history:
Short backstory, my parents always tried to keep me away from gaming, never got a gameboy, nintendo ds or stuff like that. The most similar thing to a gaming device where those like cheap gameboy ripoffs sometimes included in those micky mouse magazines i collected (man i had a lot of these). So one day some friends and i were on a flea market (had to google this word, since never heard it before, hope it’s the right one, here in austria we would say “Flohmoakt”, i think a yard sale is pretty much the same) and we saw this old box, a gaming console, an old xbox classic, with some games and exactly three controllers. we had never heard of it before, but we knew we want it. So me and my two friends scraped together all the money we had with us (about 30€) went to the guy selling it and actually got it, what a steal (to be faire,afterwards we found out that only two of the five games actually reliable worked, which where “Over the hedge” (god i loved playing the coop) and halo 1 (well star wars battlefront also was great but sadly crashed all the time) also the controller where in pretty bad shape too, but at that time this wasn’t a problem for us), so nearly every day we would meet at my friends house (since his parents weren’t as strict regarding video gaming), and we would play the whole afternoon, sometimes even the whole night, man i miss this times, having nothing to do but playing video games in your friends basement. I guess keeping me away from video games in the end didn’t work out.
(oh well, that’s one long post, i’m sorry)
Once again thank you for giving away this awesome games!

13 Likes

Thank you @coralinecastell from the bottom of my heart, and wow, that’s quite a story.
Your friend situation was definitely more complicated than mine tho, Hope he’s doing great.
And yes, there’s so much truth to what you said, i believe that when we are children, despite being so flexible, have a different set of virtues that we end giving up or forgetting while becoming adults even if we are raised correctly.
Banning videogames nowadays would be like banning books in the past. All forms of entertainment can be good or bad depending on the situation and they can all add something to our lifes. Someday i hope videogames will get the respect they deserve!

9 Likes

That moment at the beginning of Portal when you have two portals on perpendicular walls and you see yourself walking forward but sideways… that’s the moment I realized this game was going to rewire parts of my brain, and I liked it. BTW, that was the game that started me down the Steam path.

Would be interested in Owlboy, thanks for the chance.

10 Likes

Thank you for sharing your story with us, @ploki I think I speak for everyone here when I say it’s a huge honor and delight to learn so much from our fellow members!

As for his situation being more or less complicated, I’m sure they were both taxing and daring in their own ways, and that both of you came out of them stronger – and that’s all that matters.

I wholeheartedly agree with your statement against banning books and games and the similarities between the two. In fact, I think that what Steven Spohn has been doing with his AbleGamers charity, for example, is always a happy and welcome reminder of the good video games can do to all of us.

Aaaaaanyways I've been talking to much, y'all, I'll be quiet for a tad lest Chrono sends me a "let other people join in!" message hahahah
10 Likes

Stardew and Goat Sim please.
Heres an old shitty video i recorded at 5am while possibly high back in Uni

9 Likes

Nice theme and banner graphic! I think I can say this in a way that’s not too spoilery, but proceed with caution if you haven’t played/finished the first Portal, because I’m gonna go with the moment when you escape your impending death and you suddenly find that this already great game has so much more in store for you – it was such a great and unexpected, “Oh, it’s on now!” moment. (I’d like to enter for Owlboy.)

9 Likes

One Hour Remaining…

9 Likes

My crowning gaming moment is probably me playing Metroid Fusion with my cousin besides me, and getting to the end of the… BUT WAIT! There’s still one more boss to defeat standing in the way of us getting to our ship, and that very same boss also being the one we saw earlier on the game.

My 8 year old mind was simply just blown! Then when we desperately tried to fight it, to no avail, on the cusp of defeat, there it came. SA-X! The antagonist through out bits and pieces of the game, our mortal enemy, sacrifices itself for us to escape with the ship, and the station exploding behind us in a glorious GBA cutscene.

8 year old mind through the roof.

Ohh, i guess i’ll enter for Owlboy, (2D pixel platformers :+1:) Sleeping dogs: definitive edition and Stardew Valley. (Still wondering what people are praising it for)

EDIT
Jesus! Didn’t even notice the time, barely made it.:fearful:

12 Likes