Chrono's Animal Farm: The Community Giveaway III - [WINNERS ARE NOTIFIED, Check PMs]

I’d like to enter for Owlboy and Stardew Valley.

One of my favorite video game experiences was when I finally beat the trial of the fool in Hollow Knight. It consists of wave after wave of enemies and is meant to be immensely difficult, and took several hours to finally beat it. Three achievements were tied to defeating the final wave, that rush of dopamine was worth it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnpYTq8KWE

11 Likes

Great story nebula! I didn’t have a chance to read any of the replies before posting, so I’m relieved to see I’m not the only one whose best gaming memory involves dad :smile:

12 Likes

Nice giveaway guys!

However, do you mean the best moment I have experienced playing a game (such as fighting Psycho Mantis), or a favourite moment that has happened in the gaming community (such as Jim F’ing Sterling Son vs Digital Homicide as @Madway said) ?

10 Likes

It’s anything you want that involves gaming, whether it’s arcades, getting drunk as Trevor Phillips or beating a game for the first time.

It is just to spark a conversation, as well as to qualify for entry, it’s not strictly any one particular thing but something, within gaming, that you remember quite fondly.

11 Likes

I would like to enter for Owlboy and Sleeping dogs.

My favourite gaming experience would have to be finishing dark souls 1 for the first time, it was during a weekend and i had no other games i really wanted to play at the time so i ended up spending 12 hours just trying to beat the final boss.

Also thanks for doing another giveaway.

9 Likes

I would love to enter for Sleeping Dogs and Stardew Valley. I know it’s redundant but I’m really thankfull for all of the giveaways you guys do :slight_smile:

Edit: oops, I nearly forgot a fond gaming moment. off of the top of my head (I’ll try and find another later and add it too) one of my favorite moments was the satisfaction of beating Majora’s Mask with the Fierce Deity Mask. After failing to beat the game three separate times (as in not even reaching the final boss) I sat down and plowed through as best I could, getting every mask in order to prove I could beat this game. The final beatdown against the mask itself was so incredibly satisfying, it holds a special place in my heart.

9 Likes

Not entering for any games (because any free time I DO have lately is eaten by my own copy of Stardew Valley).

As for my most memorable moments in gaming: There are two moments in WoW that stand out for me:
1)The several hour long 1v1 duel I had when playing retail in TBC. My lvl 39 Orc Hunter vs a lvl 42 Dwarf Hunter, the two of us killing each other over and over, trying to overcome the disadvantage of being low on health after a death, using the terrain to our advantage, and generally doing our best to kill the other guy. And never accepting help from others, because our pride would not let us claim victory in such a pathetic way.
2)The moment when I was raiding Sunwell Plateau with our close group on a private WoW server, and Tho’Ridal the Stars’ Fury (the only legendary bow in the game at the time, for those not in the know) dropped from the final boss, Kil’Jaden, while I was the only Hunter in the group… and a Rogue stole the bow from me XD

One more though it’s not just a single moment, but over a longer period of time:
When YellowStar (my favourite League of Legends player) had to re-build Fnatic(my favourite LoL pro team) from the ground up in the 2015 season, and not only did he do it without giving up(since he was considering retiring at the time), he built a team that won both EU LCS splits, (and were even undefeated in the summer one), they then went on and reached the semifinals at Worlds that year.

13 Likes

Being stuck on one of the Sewer levels of Half Life 2 for over a Year. That was great fun.

Stardew Valley, pleaz.

8 Likes

My favourite moments in gaming has always been either couch games or online multiplayer with friends, and what better multiplayer game than Mario Kart.

I’d like to enter for Stardew Valley and Owlboy please. Thanks!

10 Likes

Well, @nebula7 and @DanosaurJr, I’m pleased to let you guys know that my dad was the one who introduced me to video games, and he was the first one to get distinctly scared by my love of fat chickens. So yeah, my best video game memories also the sound of my dad’s chuckling as a backdrop.

This moment in Heart of Darkness, where you get inside a monster’s belly and repeatedly press “spacebar” do blast it was one of the first interactions my dad let me have with video games, since the rest of the game was too difficult for me to play at first.

We remember its guts spilling all over the place in a gory shower with smiles on our faces to this day.

10/10 childhood education straight out of Brazil.

15 Likes

That’s a pretty awesome way to get introduced to video games @coralinecastell!

9 Likes

So many giveaways. Are you gathering followers for a vidya gaem cult?

I’d like to enter for Owlboy! And for Stardew Valley if it’s okay to enter for two, but if I have to choose one, then it’s Owlboy.

I don’t really have a single great moment or memory involving gaming, probably mostly because I have an awful memory for such things, and because I don’t tend to feel accomplishment after overcoming challenges in games. Most of the significant memories I have aren’t related to playing games, but coding them. Getting map transitions to work, reading in maps made with external tools, making my own dev console, etc. Even really dumb minor stuff like this feels awesome when you figure it out on your own.

Even though I got spoiled on the Castlevania: SotN thing Enki mentioned, the game was full of “oh man how cool is that” moments for me, largely because there were just so many bits in it that were just the programmers and artists having fun or getting around problems in hacky ways. It was really inspirational, as my own approach to programming and design tends to be overly cautious.

12 Likes

I’ll drink that coolaid.

On second thoughts it’s probably Mountain Dew.

Which I actually really liked many years ago, then they changed the recipe to this energised crap and it tastes boring now, that’s its flavour, boring.

9 Likes

I’d like to enter for Stardew Valley

My favorite moment in gaming is probably when I first beat Dark Souls III. It took me over 2 weeks alone just to beat the final boss, and it felt so nice when I did it, my first dark souls game, finally beaten! The Lord of Cinder was an awesome boss, although ridiculously hard, and really capitalized the game.

10 Likes

Obviously not entering as I am a part of this thing (supposedly, sorry for dropping the ball everyone) but one particular moment I remember is playing AOE2 at school against another student.

It was my first time playing it multiplayer but I just went with the strat of being the Persians, generating 100 elephants and going to decimate the base. So i went in and pretty much wiped out this persons town minus some turrets and i thought I had won, but the game didn’t end, took me about 5 minutes to realize they had taken 1 peasant they had left and decided to go to the other side of the map and build a new base. Felling a bit annoyed at the cheese strat I went after him with my remaining elephants and took down the second base. Again the game didn’t end and what I didn’t realize this time was while I was attacking the second base he decided to take 1 peasant and build another base back in the spot the first base was in. By that time it was nearly lunch and i was pretty pissed off, so I just quit the game, cursed at the person and then never played MP AOE2 ever again.

13 Likes

Hello,

I would like to participate for Goat Simulator or Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition.

One gaming experience that I can not forget was from the first time I tried out Roblox, and one of its most common Paintball games. My friends and I would always play during our breaks in school on the school’s computers and up to one hour after school ended. Those were the good ol’ days.

Thank you for doing this.

9 Likes

Ok, I’m stepping in on this one for Owlboy.

My favorite moment is that one where you realize Samus is female, not something you can have today, but it was really cool.

11 Likes

Samus is female? wow spoiler

8 Likes

Yes, the cult is getting stronger every day… Muh ha ha.

You can enter for all the games if you want? There is no limit for what you enter for, so if anyone reading this only mentioned one game because you thought that was the case then no, you can enter for each game if that is what you want. Either list the titles you are entering for or if you wish to enter for all start by saying… “I would like to enter for ALL games.”

Then you will be in the draw for each. Copy and paste that, if you like. Just don’t quote it because that doesn’t tell me you are entering for all.

Sorry for the confusion.

11 Likes

Ah ok, then I’d like to enter for Goat Simulator and Sleeping Dogs in addition to Stardew Valley please.

8 Likes