It’s been over 2 years…How about branching out a bit?:fireworks:

Do we need some more Categories such as:

Software-Freebies/Paid/Deals :heart_eyes:
Win/Lin/Mac
Graphics…:nerd_face:

Any others???:star_struck:

Discuss…:eye::brain::tongue::lips::eyes:

14 Likes

i don’t think it would be fair to make an entire category that would automatically exclude our precious sloth :thinking:

@Enki just want’s pixels, no graphics needed :wink:
:astonished: who knew sloths just fed 8-16bit at a time ? :rofl:
:joy:

(i kid ofc, :hugs: :sparkling_heart: Enki)

8 Likes

Happy to add whatever categories the community feel would like. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I think if we add too many categories we might as well go to a subreddit for each of these things you proposed, I doubt any of these would see much activity on here (and tbh I also don’t see much potential for graphic card talk lol). Chrono should stick to games + we already have the “other” category for whatever you wish for.

6 Likes

A giveaway category, perhaps?

12 Likes

Considering all the recent threads requesting trades, maybe a combined giveaways/trades category.

16 Likes

would that not fall under “other deals”

6 Likes

When will we get a Gnuffi discussion category

10 Likes

WoW%20Engineer

Every category… is a Gnuffi category.

(Although I would not be opposed to this)

14 Likes

Other deals implies getting a bargain for your buck (or whatever relative jargon for your own spondoolicks), I don’t think trading or giveaways would fall into that.

6 Likes

Tricky thing about categories is that they become officially encouraged topics of discussion. You could put in a Politics category but I don’t think you really want us to be discussing politics here. The same way they have previously responded to the suggestion of a trade category that they didn’t want that to become a focus for the forum.

So what do the chrono people want us to be talking about on this forum? and is there really a need to increase granularity for the categories we already have?

I have looked through the past month or so of threads here and while most threads are unlabelled that is more due to laziness than problem finding a fitting category from what I can tell.

9 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy:

:blush: :hugs:

8 Likes

There might very well be things people want to talk about but have maybe felt it not suitable for this forum due to there being no category for it.

Do you think anyone would be interested in discussing things like cooking, music, TV/movies/anime, vore, programming or gardening maybe?

Just thinking it’d be better maybe to look at it as a question of areas of interest rather than directly as forum categories. Does anyone here have something they’re burning to discuss with us but have felt might be out of place?

6 Likes

Well, I know several places to get free daily offers of PAID software, plus Bundles . NTM the always free stuff that is GOOD…and not loaded with spyware etc. But I kinda felt it was out of place in a “gaming site”.

6 Likes

Isn’t this what Off-Topic is for? The Off-Topic category is all-encompassing. If someone wants to talk politics, music, anime, there is no reason not to do so there.

Categories would only be beneficial to group similar recurring threads - like giveaways and trade requests (but I totally understand if Chrono doesn’t want to encourage it).

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly is vore?

Couldn’t you just create something like an “official free software hidden gems” thread? Kind of like how we have official topics for memes, cool/funny YouTube videos, Disney cartoons, etc.?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

9 Likes

I think a giveaway/trade catagory would be a good one.

6 Likes

How about enabling tagging instead of adding more categories (or additionally)?

Level 3+ members (regulars) would be able to create new tags. Other members then could add these tags to there posts

Would look like this

10 Likes

I think categories would probably be useful if the forums get any busier than it currently is. I try to read almost everything that pops up, so I just go to the “Latest” and read my way down. But if we had more topics/posts daily, I would find it a struggle to keep up likely.

7 Likes

yea… that looks like voodoo…:thinking:
giphy

6 Likes

4 Likes