Ask the Chrono.gg staff about things

1. if the forum becomes big enough, will you consider hiring volunteer moderators? Application system is the best route IMO to know who’s interested.
  2. Can we submit ideas/suggestions for games to be added as deals? I did one already for Divinity: Original Sin.
  3. what made you want to start a site like this? how will Chrono.gg improve in the coming months or years?

Thank you for your time.

3 Likes

The answer is here (Chrono.gg - One game. One amazing deal. Every day at 9AM Pacific.):

“Can I suggest a game for Chrono.gg?
Absolutely! We’re always interested to hear what games people want to get great deals on. Email us at suggestions@chrono.gg and we’ll try our best to make it happen.”

2 Likes

I originally played a gnome mage and then went on to play a dwarf/tauren druid, tauren pally… and orc shaman!

WoW’s been out a really long time @_@

Everquest fo’ life.

1 Like
  1. Definitely an idea I’ll pass along. As we continue to grow I’m sure the need will arise!
  2. Like marcowy said, we’d love to hear game ideas from you guys!
  3. We’ve now got an About Us section that should give a little more information on who we are and why we made Chrono.gg. At the moment we’re fixing bugs, working on PayPal support and polishing up the site. We’ll keep the community posted as we continue to work on major features long term!
3 Likes

You know what? Since no one has asked yet! What was everyone doing before Chrono.gg was founded? And what did everyone give up in order to work on Chrono.gg, if anything?

Three of us worked at Curse, the gaming media company, and one of us worked at a company called Synapse. I can only speak for those of us who worked at Curse, but we gave up free catered lunch and a sweet pingpong table. :wink:

4 Likes

I was sent here by TB when he partnered with you. Whenever I go through his link I assume he gets a cut. Thing is; I’m lazy and want to support him without having to use the link, so is there a way to select people to “sponsor” by default?

Thanks for checking out the site SirOee! We don’t currently have a way to do that, but it’s something we’ll think about for the future. For now, enjoy the extra workout your fingers get by typing “/tb”. :wink:

3 Likes

Gotta keep the fingers healthy :laughing:

Oh, I didn’t realise it was so easy :laughing: Thanks! :slight_smile:

I have a question regarding the forum if you don’t mind. Have you built this up from scratch or used a framework? It looks really clean and nice, I like how intuitive it is.

1 Like

Great question! I’d love to say that we built this from scratch, but it’s actually an open source project called Discourse. Check it out!

4 Likes

I had a random question for you guys. What exactly is the origin of Chrono.gg? More specifically why did you choose that name & website? Why not Chrono.com or any other domain (I’ve never heard of .gg domains). Also, I assume Chrono has to do with time since your webpage says one deal every 24 hours? Just curiosity since I see a lot of your deals posted regularly.

2 Likes

You’re right on the nail with Chrono coming about from the concept of time and 24 hour sales. Three of us sat in room for half a day and tried to think up names that sounded cool, worked with some sort of theme, and had branding potential. Chrono popped out of that. The .gg TLD comes from .com not being (easily) available, and it’s gaming potential (good game).

3 Likes

Very interesting, thanks for the insight! You guys are awesome :smiley:

1 Like

hi Ionin. nice origin story, esp the gg = good game. :grin: so quick question for you, are we also able to promote chrono.gg game picks on our platform as well? the platform launches next month but we’re a new co based in san francisco that’s creating a search platform for everything entertainment… e.g. games, restaurants, sports, books, vacations, cars, etc. just LMK. maybe there’s a scenario where we can partner up. thanks! tim

Hey Tim, throw us an email at hello@chrono.gg with some details one what ya’ll are doing and we can chat! :slight_smile:

great, will do. thanks!

I’ve been wondering this for quite a while. Why don’t you guys use ads? Especially now that you give away free games.