Ask the Chrono.gg staff about things

I mean the site is basically one big ad that changes every day.

I don’t really have any questions so: Gimme Free? :smirk:

One of the core things we decided when we started Chrono.gg was to not have ads. Not only would they distract from the daily deal, but everyone hates them (and something like 60+% of users block them anyway), they suck to manage properly, and most of us came from a company where we dealt with ads constantly and didn’t enjoy it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. Since my steam library is already huge, I end up not buying too many games any more so I thought, “Hey, I like these guys, I’m gonna turn off Adblock. I come here every day, they could use the extra few cents”, only to be surprised that the site looked exactly the same without Adblock.

I very much respect the decision to not annoy customers (and that the decision was partly influenced by laziness), I’m just surprised that a business that relies so much on continuous visits from customers would not use ads.

1 Like

Was the 250 coins game a typo ? because it went too fast or probably first buyers bought multiple copies. Why not limit one copy per user between ?

1 Like

Not a typo, and shop games are limited to 1 per account.

3 Likes

Ah, ok.
When i bought a game, i could still press “buy it” (though it may not accept to end transaction)

Do you have an agreement with ITAD ? because you use bundle status for single game offers…
(Also it prevents good tracking of historical lowest price on given games, too)

Ya, we work with ITAD to post the deals. Unfortunately, the way the ITAD system is setup, that’s the best way for us to submit them.

Ok, thanks for answer, that makes sense.

(Awesome and loving your project so far guys, i really respect the honest opinion you have on ads n’ such)

But i really love secrets n’ easter eggs… So gimme free?
There’s something else hidden here? Or is just a metaphor for the whole coin process?

( PS: Only now i noticed i made a typo on my username, it should be Blacksonfive, not Blacksonfiev, god dammit, where do i change it, that explains why i’d never could login using my username lol )

Dear Chrono.gg,

What’s the meaning of life? Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Why do bad things happen to good people? Is frst still traumatized by coffee mugs? Does Ionin wear sunglasses in the office too? Did the astronaut wearing a jetpack during the end of the ARG for the coin shop ever spontaneously combust, exploding into floaty zero-gravity chunks like we had hoped? And gimme free…Question mark?

Regards,

K16

5 Likes

So,

But

…Well, technically not, but… It would be neat!

1 Like

Hmm, I probably turned that off in the forum settings and it didn’t change the default text.

2 Likes

What happened to the game hole/ black hole thing?

Will you ever add other currencies? (Some deals aren’t worth it for me since I have to pay for currency conversion)

1 Like

Definitely would love to eventually, but not likely in the short term.

2 Likes

The game hole still exists, swirling, plotting its return.

3 Likes

Will there be an expansion of the Chrono Shop?
It seems like as the community gets bigger, games will get snatched off the shelves fast, so are there any plans for expansion, such as increasing the number of each game offered or offering more stuff regularly?

2 Likes

Definitely in the plans :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Any funny stories that occured between the staffs you mind sharing?

1 Like