Your thoughts Humble Bundle Monthly, now with more.... choice?

makes you wonder if they got a hold of an old credit card you forgot to cancel :thinking: :smile:

4 Likes

I know i am out of the loop because i am only half reading things and I am in and out and get distracted easily. Butā€¦When did Humble start charging TAX???:exploding_head:

I got an email for the Monthly with a 3.00 discount. I wanted Wandersong and a LOT of the trove games because i donā€™t care if they are steam games are not, so I bit. Havenā€™t done it in a while, so they have some different games in the trove.

But I donā€™t remember being charged tax.:thinking:

4 Likes

For monthlies and regular store sales, around the same time that Steam started charging tax I thinkā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™sā€¦ undesirable to say the least. I never been interested in AC games and have paused my humble monthly way back so this doesnt concern me directly but for someone who would be interested in that game that should be a major bummer.

3 Likes

why?
unless iā€™m mistaken (or if AC origins is set different than The Division) then you can still gift the game, the person you gift it to just then have to link their uplay acc to activate it
Ubisoft does this to not end up on the ā€œgreyā€ market etc, and it serves little different function than how Humble offered previously with direct steam activation(before steam switched to browser activation), or even Blizzard key too ofc

5 Likes

Slight sedge way (spelling?).

I was updating my ITAD collection and noticed the Oxenfree I got as a monthly freebie had ā€œGeneral Audienceā€ at the end of it. Any one know why?

3 Likes

Wow! The best email Iā€™ve gotten was that three dollars off. I wouldā€™ve jumped like Delenn but neither of the early unlocks truly interest me so it was a pass. If humble wants to send more discounts my way later thoughā€¦

3 Likes

iā€™m guessing itā€™s either a way to distinguish it for ā€œRoWā€ use(non region specific restrictions) -donā€™t know if Oxenfree would have reason to have censorship or other stuff needing region specific version. Or differentiate between a review copy even
-or just a fancy/ā€œlive buildā€ title

4 Likes

Iā€™ve skipped the past twoā€¦ Iā€™m hoping thereā€™s nothing good coming up in it haha

normally after a bad one thereā€™s one with something I enjoy in it, but assassins creed isnā€™t one of them, glad they went back to only telling one game, makes it feels more risky haha, I like risky.

4 Likes

I initially was going to say segway. Unfortunately, those are a motorizedā€¦bike(?) of sorts.

The actual spelling is segue. which appears to be pronounced COMPLETELY different than how it actually is supposed to.

5 Likes

Yesterday I learned that itā€™s Anchors Aweigh, (not away). Gotta love ze English.

4 Likes

But you are still forced to play game on uPlay not steam. Unless i misunderstood something ;>

And well if thatā€™s a case i assume that majority of Humble subscribers are steam users mainly and they prefer their game on steam .

3 Likes

Thatā€™s the case with most ubisoft titles though, even if you did get it ā€œon steamā€ steam would just be launching uplay to launch the game. Having a steam key for a ubisoft game is pointless.

3 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure iā€™ve seen people playing Origins on Steam with Steam achievements and such.

Though something like Rainbow Six or For Honor just launches through uPlay anyway.

5 Likes

Yeah you probably have, but itā€™s still being run through uplay as well. You could just look at the steam store page and itā€™ll tell you clear as day that a uplay account is required.

8 Likes

what fraggles said
ever since 20xxā€™something uplay has been mandatory for all ubisoft games, bought through steam too
so the only difference getting origins from humble/other stores is you ā€œonlyā€ get the uplay achievements, not steam, thatā€™s it
you can still add it to steam as a non-steam game to show friends you are playing it etc -i even think you can use steam overlay in some games added as non-steam/outside shortcut -so all you really lose are the ā€œsteam statsā€
and itā€™s rare that Ubisoft games get those super high discounts anymore, so the chance of getting it on steam for lower than this is probably slim. Thus one has to ask themselves, (since has to use uplay regardless), -is the addition of ā€œsteam statsā€ worth the extra premium i have to pay??

9 Likes

I am a huge fan of Humble Bundle. Since early 2015. In the last 2 years, half of the time, if a Humble Monthly purchased by me, itā€™s mostly me forgot to pause-a-month. I only un-pause if the reveal / early reveal games are my top wish-listed. 4 Humble Monthly purchased because I forgot to pause, 2 others HM Iā€™ve purchased because I like their monthsā€™ reveal game A Hat of Time & Cultist Simulator. 3 other Humble Monthly months fused me with curiosity even I knew I cannot play these 3 titles (Pillars of Eternity, Overwatch, Killing Floor 2) yet. Good early reveal = the rest of the games should be fitting my personal liking. Even if they will not, I am satisfy with the headline games.

My current PCs cannot handle nor I am interested at any of AC games. But Wandersong has always been on my top 3 wish-listed games. I wanted a DRM-free version. Guess what? I forgot to pause 2 days ago. Donā€™t know if I ā€œwinā€ again. All I knew was that Iā€™ve played 1 hour of Wandersong today and had a blast!

7 Likes

This months bundle in overview.

Wandersong
Singing to save the world from an oppressive colour palette?

Monster Prom
Weird visual novel dating sim, itā€™s not even Japanese! Itā€™s got a multiplayer mode?

The Journey Down: Chapter 3
3rd chapter of a series of 3, I bet a lot of people are super pleased with this one.

Do Not Feed the Monkeys
Donā€™t know anything about this one, experimental indie game?

I am not a Monster
Dead multiplayer game.

Finding Paradise
RPG Maker game from the people who made To the moon.

Overall this feels kind of a cheap bundle to me. Even if all the games are good on their own this feels more like a random indie promo bundle for $3 on fanatical than what I think I would expect out of the humble monthly.

Had I for some inexplicable reason paid for this I would have had to really love Assassinā€™s creed or beaten myself up badly for this blunder. Getting it for free though Iā€™m actually kind of pleased, these are all games I wouldnā€™t mind trying out but not pay for. Also I appear to have the Journey Down chapter 1 and 2 so this completes that collection.

9 Likes

Wandersong is supposed to be good, and fairly new game, not been bundled before.

Do Not Feed the Monkeys is also supposed to be good, also fairly new game, never bundled. I havenā€™t played either.

Finding Paradise I am happy to have now, almost bought it a couple of days from Steam directly.

But The Journey Down: Chapter 3??? Unlike you, I donā€™t have the other two, so itā€™s just going to sit and rot for a while I think.

I am looking forward to playing the Assassinā€™s Creed game though, hopefully itā€™s halfway decent.

8 Likes

i got 2 wishlisted games out of this, Do Not Feed The Monkeys and Journey Down. Wandersong was a tossup between being gravy or ā€œnot boveredā€, but i ended up adding it anyway
Finding paradiseā€¦ well i got that over a year ago :blush:, so that will find another home, hopefully someone that also enjoyed To the Moon
iā€™m not a monster -somehow actually shocked they dared put this inā€¦ Not surprised they got it, must have been able to for pennies, devs probably happy to throw it their way for nothing to try and boost the player numbersā€¦ but yea, that move doesnā€™t smell so good to me
Monster Promā€¦ well it got dating sim in its tag, so iā€™m unlikely to dare to add it to my collection :sweat_smile:, and even if Jesse really wants people to try this, i donā€™t think itā€™s my cup of tea
AC originsā€¦ meh, saves me couple of bucks not having to buy it ā€œsome dayā€ā€¦ then again probably also first maybe gonna get around to play it ā€œsome dayā€ :man_shrugging: (still havenā€™t even added any of the Humble Monthlies previous Uplay keys to my accs :smile:)

12 Likes