You MUST Play This, Seriously... (While It Is On Sale)

lol totally, actually i never saw the EA use for Early Access, that’s my bad.

my post was like… wait are you trolling me cuz that game look great… i would be surprised if electronic arts did something good for once :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

These Realms of Magic look a lot like Starbound to me. Like, I’ve played Terraria, but the graphics, the proportions, the characters and the inventory - it doesn’t just remind me of Starbound, it just looks exactly like Starbound to me. Yet, the reviewers mostly mention Terraria. That’s a bit confusing. Is it just me?

And thanks for the tip, looks like a fun game, maybe gonna take this instead of Danganronpa V3.

5 Likes

Starbound is Terraria…in space. However, Terraria came first and is vastly more popular, so don’t be surprised when reviewers compare to Terraria, which is a 2D clone of Minecraft. I’m not dissing Terraria in any way (it is a very good game), but they’re all still derivative of each other.

8 Likes

Darkest Dungeon is 75% off on Steam until Friday (2/22) $6.24 USD

This is one of the most unique games I’ve played. It’s got some dungeon crawling. It’s got some JRPG mechanics without overloading you with stats. It’s got some management (and if you’re not careful, disaster will ensue). It’s got one of the best narrators I’ve ever heard in a game, and he’ll be with you Bastion-style all the way.

There’s a lot of risk/reward going on here. Your heroes are stressed out, but do you risk it and keep going? Very deep mechanics while remaining simple on the surface. Some of the battles are almost puzzles.

The game saves constantly so your choices (and mistakes!) are permanent. You can name all of your heroes, which makes it that much more painful when they die. When you start the game, this is the first thing you see:

10 Likes

savescummer extraordinaire :trophy:, -i shall not be foiled by such trivial matters as “perma consequence” :triumph:

7 Likes

Save game data location -
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\Darkest\profile_*

7 Likes

+1.

6 Likes

The narrator in Bastion is hilarious! ^-^ He definitely kept me playing.

4 Likes

https://206.81.1.216/t/cool-game-on-sale-at-90-off-killing-time-at-lightspeed/18526?u=coralinecastell

thanks for the pointer @YQMaoski :yellow_heart:

9 Likes

I think a few of you would be interested in this (@Danacscott I think you said something about it); Indiegala has DS Remastered on sale for 63% off at 14.99.

https://www.indiegala.com/crackerjack/dark-souls-remastered?utm_source=sendinblue&utm_campaign=WEEKEND_NEWS__20190928&utm_medium=email

3 Likes

anyone here played ELEX? Is it worth picking up for under $14 on sale?

2 Likes

Tempted, but I really shouldn’t til I get the computer parts stuff done and dusted. T_T

3 Likes

Don’t just pass Anodyne by. It is a ridiculously weird and creative game with a nice balance of strangeness and engaging mechanics, and it’s incredibely cheap now. The humour is not for everyone, sometimes rough, other times not making much sense (at least at the first impression) but you’re traveling through someone’s subconscious, so to me it’s fair game.

While this is not a turn-based rpg, you might like it if you liked Earthbound and were fine about its weirdest parts. I can imagine how this game irritates some people, but to me it provided a good time, and a piece of thought.

7 Likes

@joxter, Thanks for the info. I got it :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Just noticed that Generation Zero has a free weekend going on.

And while it’s not great tbh, I find it interesting because of the world design and I would quite like to try it out in co-op mode. If there’s one or two of you out there who’d like to try this game out with me please let me know.

5 Likes

I’ve been playing KI since the arcade releases. Always been my favourite fighter. I love this version too. I made the mistake of purchasing just individual characters on the windows 10 version so when the definitive edition came out on steam I grabbed it on discount. Problem is, no one really plays it on steam and the net code it trash compared to windows version, so it sits dormant in my library installed but hardly played :weary:

5 Likes

Very deep discount for relatively new and big budget game . Now i cant tell you if it’s any good ( i havent played a single gears game in my life ) but maybe for that price someone is willing to take a risk?

5 Likes

I’ve only had time to play the first act of the campaign. As a diehard Gears fan there were a few things here and there that bothered me, but no severe red flags yet.

$30 is honestly quite expensive for Gears 5 when you remember it’s a dirt-cheap Game Pass title. I would assume the point of such a steep sale would be to bring in new players so they can keep their multiplayer modes populated, as there are several modes to populate and this will ultimately be the last Gears of War game for Xbox One.

5 Likes

Alright so fanatical has Devil May Cry 5 on sale, and I’m torn between it and Witcher 3. Can anyone give some reasons for or against either of these?

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/devil-may-cry-5

3 Likes

They’re such immensely different games there’s no comparing or contrasting them. If you want spectacle fighting get DMC5, if you want open world adventure and intriguing stories buy Witcher 3.

7 Likes