You MUST Play This, Seriously... (While It Is On Sale)

Yea… Wasn’t feeling fluffy, so I missed Beyond Divinity again. Forgot the Portal bundle on Steam too. Ah well, til the next sale.

5 Likes

pets you to fluffyness again

Here have a picture of my dog I hope it makes you feel a bit better:

10 Likes

Aw… :heart: Doggo is so cute. Definitely a smile worthy sight. ^^ :hugs:

5 Likes

IF you were planning on pre-ordering Cyberpunk 2077 anyway although I would never recommend it, despite my great regard for CDPR. They now have a collection package at a pretty decent price for their full catalogue of games on gog up for “only” 84€, it is quite a lot of game for the money.
https://www.gog.com/game/ultimate_red_collection

edit: @Vindace

Slightly cheaper than Steam, if you pay in euro, couldn’t say otherwise.

9 Likes

Thanks Fraggles. It’s the same price in USD, but I’m still debating whether I want Steam connectivity and achievements over being DRM free.

6 Likes

GOG has achievements too, so at least you won’t be missing out on that. Many games with Steam achievements lack GOG ones, but CDPR puts achievements in their games on GOG too.

10 Likes

$2.99. get it meow!!!

7 Likes

purrs But why…myrr?

6 Likes

I want to get this WHEN it’s on sale…What about you, @Enki :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

6 Likes

It’s actually in this bundle right now:

https://www.indiegala.com/bewitched-tales-steam-bundle

Not too many things in there for me, so I am passing on the bundle…

5 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

So…I got it…'cause Enki and Sanctus Mortem. Sanctus just had a an update in Dec. Kisareth Studios closed in March 2020.
Sanctus Mortem

"It is with a heavy heart that this announcement must be made. Due to continuing financial losses and closure of Kisareth Studios the entire catalog of Kisareth Studios’ games will be retired from the Steam store on March 6th, 2020.

It’s strongly encouraged that for anyone who has wishlisted any of these games to make their purchases sooner rather than later. This catalog will also be pulled from other digital storefronts such as GMG. Those who currently own one or multiple of these games (and those who will purchase them before March 6th) will retain access to these games even after their retirement if you should need to re-install them and so on.

Heartfelt thanks goes out to all supporters and fans of these games. It’s been quite an experience these past years."

4 Likes

I can’t figure out why it is so often the case that when a small indie studio goes out of business they stop selling their games, or even worse some times try to scrub them out of existence entirely.

If you no longer have the desire or somehow ability to sell your product then at least allow it to slip into abandonware and allow it to be given away for free or something.

5 Likes

Two common reasons:

1. Shame. Like many artists, some indie gamedevs feel ashamed of their old work, or it brings back bad memories for them (the latter is especially common when indies go out of business).
  2. Laziness, or at least a desire to avoid needless work. It takes additional work to get a new Steam page up under a single dev’s name if the studio disappears, or to upload the game elsewhere where it can remain available. It’s work to go through all the licences the devs have to see whether they can just make the game freely available (some licences may require additional fees based on installbase and such). It’s easier to just close your store pages and your site and not think about it. Also, if even one person on the team doesn’t want the game to stay up, there’s not much the others can do about it.
7 Likes

I think you hit it on the head, removing means not needing to any kind of maintenance work. So no need to patch up for newer OS or improving optimizations, etc. Which of course makes sense if a studio is shut down and the team scattered, they may not be able to go back and do fix-ups of things that are outstanding.

6 Likes

I guess it’s just simpler to leave the game for free if you’re both the developer and the publisher as happened with these games: Alpha Polaris : A Horror Adventure Game and NaissanceE.
Also sometimes you get games like Shrouded in Sanity(currently on sale btw) where the dev just went “you know what, here’s the main game for free”.

5 Likes

Ara Fell is getting an Enhanced Edition due to an engine upgrade for their upcoming game. They decided to port the game to this new engine and added a bunch of new features and are re-releasing it.

If you own Ara Fell previously, you’ll get a free upgrade. The release is set to March 26th and the price will increase to $15, so if you want now, you can grab for $10 and get the upgrade later for free as well. There has been discounts before for the game, but now with the re-release we don’t know for sure when it’s going to get discounts again.

Here’s a list of the new features

• Four new major side quests with areas to explore
  • New turn-based battle system
  • Overhauled UI; completely new menu system
  • Each character now can acquire an Ultimate Ability
  • Each character can choose one of two specialization classes, once unlocked
  • Every skill can be upgraded
  • Every skill can be augmented with one of two options, based on the specialization class (there are 80 skill augmentations in total!)
  • Crafting/economy overhaul - all new items, treasure, shops, etc
  • Foraging, mining, and diving for crafting materials
  • New enchanting system for adding stat bonuses to accessories
  • Supports the aspect ratios: 16:9, 16:10, 4:3
  • The game will automatically change its aspect ratio as the window is resized
  • New difficulty modes
  • Can enter water from any direction (instead of using sparkles)
  • New graphics (including lights, weather effects and shadows)
  • Lots of new enemy skills
  • All-new boss mechanics!
  • Animated enemies
  • Autosave
  • Support for most gamepads
  • Steam integration
  • Twitch integration
  • And a bunch of other improvements!
11 Likes

:thinking:… i own this? how do i own this ?:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
surely this must have been bundled at some point?, or my “buy games and forget all about 'em” is starting to reach troublesome heights lol :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

I know I got mine from a bundle some time ago. :smiley:

7 Likes

Agmented Steam shows it’s been in a bundle 8 times, so yea

6 Likes