What is your favorite game of all time?

Probably Mega Man X, I’ve beaten that game at least two dozen times, but the two games I’ve put the most time into are MGS V (even though i slightly prefer MGS 3 HD) and Sonic and the Secret Rings. I played the crap out of Sonic and the Secret Rings.

7 Likes

That would be Commandos Behind The Enemy Lines. I remember back then when I was in college, playing that game on my friend’s computer, a 150 MHz Pentium PC. Until I finally had my first PC that time, a 233 MHz Pentium MMX PC and kept playing the game. Fast forward 20 years later I still keep the game on my Steam library and the DRM-free version on my GOG account. I play it occasionally for the sake of good old memories. 20 hard levels, the sensation of one-wrong-step-could-end-your-life kind of thing, the unique voice acts (“Are you crazy?” or “Affirmative, Sir!”) are truly indescribable to this day and age.

7 Likes

Dark Souls 1. I love the whole series but this has to be my favorite. Having my ass handed to me for 3 hours straight fighting Ornstein and Smough is one of my favorite memories in gaming.

10 Likes

I’m curious, why can’t you but Stick of Truth from Steam? Is there something wrong with it or is it just too pricey maybe?

5 Likes

Planetside 2, no doubt.

2500 hours in, it’s the kind of game i just can’t uninstall…

There’s your first person shooter, along with air / ground vehicular gameplay, support roles, base building…

All multiplied by 3x, wich is the number of factions you can play as.

Since i have several faction mates with easily double my playtime, i can safely say i still am gonna play a whole lot of ps2.

7 Likes

Halo Reach, hands down. I spent a good portion of my free time playing that game for a couple of years. Made a lot of friends and met a lot of cool people.

6 Likes

I played a lot of PS2 for about a year and a half of the beta and release. But eventually all my friends left and I ended up playing it mostly alone and it lost it’s allure. Been wanting to get back into the game for some time but the barrier of finding a group to play with again been keeping me away.

It’s a right lovely game though.

6 Likes

Kinda burnt out atm… But like i wrote… I can’t uninstall it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

For me Cave story
i like it so much

8 Likes

Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Even with all of its faults, even though fans are probably still patching it to this day, it is my favorite.

11 Likes

There are many games that I really like, but my all time favourite must be Xenogears for the PS1, it has many flaws and development was unfortunately rushed towards the end, but it’s still one of the best J-RPGs ever, and for me it’s the best one.

Xenosaga 1-3 for the Ps2 has it’s moments, but the original for me remains the best one by far :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Pokemon Emerald. My first game ever, and will always be my all time favorite game.
Well, not only Pokemon Emerald, i also love Tales from The Borderlands. Amazing game!

7 Likes

Team Fortress 2. It’s the most fun you can have online.

5 Likes

Tough decision. This would be so much easier if it were “what are your top 5 favorite games of all-time.”

A number of people have already mentioned Dark Souls as their favorite game. I am tempted to declare this my favorite game as well, as it pretty much defined my life for an entire month back in 2011. I don’t typically finish games, but I explored every inch of Lordran and did every single thing there was to do in the game. I easily invested 80+ hours into it on multiple playthroughs.

Another game that I considered putting down as my all-time favorite is Grand Slam Tennis on Wii. This may seem like an odd choice, but I am a pretty big tennis fan. I played this game at least 3-4 nights per week between 2009-2010. The game had a small, but really great community. I met so many cool people in online matches, tournaments and on the EA GST forum. Finally breaking into the top 100 worldwide was one of the most rewarding moments in gaming for me. I can’t remember what my final ranking was, but it was hovering around the top 50. I don’t suppose there are any former GST players or fellow top 100 veterans here?

I guess if I had to name just one game as my all-time favorite, it would be Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1. It was my first SRPG and, for a brief period in my youth, consumed my every waking thought. I spent an ungodly amount of time leveling up my characters to obtain new job classes and skills, trying to build the perfect party. I was devastated when one of my party members, that I invested so much time into, became my enemy and I had to fight him. I never felt such betrayal in a video game! The story really captivated me too, even though it is regarded as a poor translation. There were so many twists and turns and power struggles. Final Fantasy Tactics ignited my love for turn-based strategy games, which continues to this day with games like XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Invisible Inc, and the like.

So, long story short, my favorite game is probably Final Fantasy Tactics on PS1.

8 Likes

carmageddon

7 Likes

Crazy Taxi, preferably on the gamecube. Huge fan of Bad Religion, Offspring and dumb games.

7 Likes

while i honestly cant pick a number one favorite i would still have to say Doom 2, preferably modded with Brutal Doom but even without it is an outstanding game, a couple of others that spring to mind would be Mirrors Edge, Pocky & Rocky, Stardew Valley, Jet Set Radio and DDR

those are just a few though

7 Likes

It’s hard to pick just one… but the one great classic that never seems to get old for me is the original Deus Ex. I started a playthrough with the FREE Revision mod on steam. After finishing the original version of the game more than once, I think Revision mod changes things up enough to make it worth while to give it another playthrough. Especially if you already have the base game! Value so good I spill my drink!!

7 Likes

Tank trouble - Tank Trouble 4 - Play Now! - VeVe Games

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

7 Likes