The World Through Your Eyes

I am moderately envious, congratulations.

RTX SLoth

9 Likes

Congrats, and meanwhile Iā€™ll be sticking with my GTX 1650 for a long time stillā€¦
Let us know when youā€™ll open a Patreon to get back all the money youā€™ve spent on this. :wink:

5 Likes

There, I fixed for ya :relieved:

5 Likes

ā€¦and now it is going to leak! It was like that on a purpose @Enki

3 Likes

If i will be able to sell my 5700 XT whole ā€˜upgradeā€™ will come down to very reasonable price . But that is ā€˜ifā€™ . Since crypto currency has crashed again demand for GPUs also went down. Few months back i could easily sell it for 600 euros , now i will be happy if it will turn me 400.

On the side note. These new cards are getting so ridoculous in sizeā€¦

6 Likes

Yeah, they are absolutely gigantic these days. Hopefully it will fit in your tower with some room to spare!

4 Likes

One of the reasons Iā€™m still using a 1070 is because I have a ā€œmereā€ mid-size tower and I donā€™t think thereā€™s room for the new cards in there :rofl: (The other reasons are the power draw and cost.)

5 Likes

It did fit with 2 cm to spare . Ofc before buying it i checked the clearances inside the case ! :smiley:

@eishiya I also do use ā€˜mid-towerā€™ but i guess they do vary in size . Mine supports up to 35cm GPUs and this one is 33cm . That said it is one of if not the largest 3070 partner design . Cooler is just a massive chonker.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s goodā€¦ I think I can make my computer last a while. I also have a similarly specā€™d laptop, I donā€™t know why I splurged on the laptop after my desktop, but I barely use itā€¦ lolā€¦

4 Likes

It does seem that i have misjudged the current used GPU market. Few months back i made a ā€˜test saleā€™ to see what kind of interest there would be , and people were calling me at 3 AM trying to buy my card, but now it looks like no one is efing interested.

6 Likes

I thought this was pretty coolā€¦

And I get excited when I see oneā€¦

4 Likes

This is an old article but I hadnā€™t seen it before. Have you @Enki or @DontBeSilly? Itā€™s so cute :hugs:

6 Likes

smol :sloth:

4 Likes

Very interestingā€¦

@Danacscott, maybe a cousin?? A Gummy Squirrel :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s my cousin. He never ate his breakfast so that is why he is so smol.

4 Likes

Looks more like a rotten banana to me. Gummy squirrels should come in packaging and be edible so @AcornAvenger can get some revenge. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

At least had some company in those few days i couldnt get up from bed.

7 Likes

So pretty. Look at those soulful eyesā€¦ Needs a hug :hugs:

5 Likes

I agree! I need to avenge somehow :sob: :joy:

3 Likes

Hello everyone! :sunflower:

Iā€™m not sure where to post an irl update, hope here is okay? :joy: Sorry Iā€™ve been gone so long!

Iā€™ve had a bit of a struggle these last two years. I was in a really bad relationship, and my therapist has confirmed I was emotionally abused in it (I constantly felt I was the one in the wrong, and my ex would turn fights and situations around on me to convince me of that, would stonewall, gaslight, etc). I didnā€™t even realise while I was in it, and the relationship affected my self esteem and energy levels (I eventually got to a point of exhaustion that I stopped seeing family and friends, even losing a friend in the process). I didnā€™t leave because I thought we were in a bad place because of me and I was trying to constantly work on myself while simultaneously worry about them and what they were doing (because they lied a lot). Even at the end, they said they had done absolutely nothing wrong throughout the relationship and Iā€™ve been angry since I found out it was abusive.

Besides that, I work full time and Iā€™m studying a BA (as a distinction student) so it left me with no time to recover any energy and I was constantly burnt out.

Iā€™m in final year at the moment, and actually looking for a new company. But the next four months are going to be hectic :joy:

I am doing much better now though! No longer in that relationship, I have a lot more energy back despite all the working and studying. I made a new best friend at university, stayed with her a month in Cape Town (I live in Joburg) and Iā€™ve decided I want to move down there to be with the ocean, and amazing people. Iā€™m happy, just busy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

TL:DR: I was in an abusive relationship and stopped even seeing family/friends, and I work and study full time so I just disappeared. But Iā€™m happy now! And a mysterious squirrel has summoned me back

Sorry I neglected my acorn avenging duties, I hope I can be forgiven :sob: :joy: please catch me up on everything and how you are all doing!! :sunflower:

6 Likes