The World Through Your Eyes

The view of an approaching dust storm, while going home from base. These are commonplace where I currently am and are actually expected during the monsoon season each year. Replace the dust with water and those were the storms in Okinawa. I remember one billboard had a picture of a cheeseburger on it that got shredded by the storm. A big chunk of the burger picture was just lying in the street, so we put it up on the kitchen wall until we moved.

This is the frozen version of the lake below a popular hunters lodge, about an hour from my original home. In spring it’s a fishing and boating spot, in winter it’s… also a fishing spot. Back home it wasn’t uncommon for people to go out onto a frozen lake with a drill and fishing rods. It’s one of my favorite outdoor memories.

11 Likes

@Vandem Prince Van! You are brave to be on a river in a smol boat. O_o

@Fuzzles Weather, fun no? >.< You brave too. I wouldn’t be scare to step on the ice - too many Rescue 911 videos and the newer versions of it.

6 Likes

Well, today’s my birthday, so of course I had cake today, and it was great. It’s a chocolate cake with truffles and strawberry. Tastes as good as it sounds. :heart:

Good Stuff

11 Likes

Happy birthday, and that cake looks delish!

8 Likes

Thanks, and indeed it does, heh. :+1:

7 Likes

:cake: image

4 Likes

@Vandem Those shores remind me of the Northern part of Ontario. Lots of Lakes and Streams. Nice!

@Fuzzles They go ice fishing all around here. The ice gets thick and you can drive a car on the ice up North.

@carvalho20ptc Happy Birthday :tada::balloon: Where’s my cake?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Hey peeps! :wave:t5:

11 Likes

Ask for the brigadeiros :eyes:

5 Likes

I am so there…

7 Likes

Hey to yourself, @Silk :hugs: Nice pics :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

Thank you hun! :heart:

4 Likes

@delenn13 @Enki Thank you both. :blush:

We didn’t have chocolate truffles, though, which’s a pity but the cake was delicious ~ :heart:

4 Likes

No lie, first thing I thought of was Secret Life of Pets 2. Got two kids, so cartoon shows are a daily thing here. :joy:

Beautiful scenery, though.

4 Likes

I. Should. NOT. OF. Looked.

#Chocoholic

Anyway, dead thread so necro time.

Skunk spray is nasty, and whenever I go out for twilight walks, there’s a 2/3 chance I’ll get a whiff of the putrid, sulphurous stench. Blech. It’s either that or the stench of sulphur coming from the nearby incinerator…

Yeah; we have an incinerator nearby capable of burning human bodies to ash. Actually, most sewage and water treatment facilities have at least one. I forget which regulation or statute that falls under for public utilities but it is possible for dead bodies to end up in waste water and must be extracted manually. Obviously, burning the body gets rid of decay, disease and odor.

3 Likes

I highly doubt that in the case they do find a human body, they then proceed with throwing said human body in the incinerator of the sewage and water treatment :thinking:

I’d imagine they call the police, and then the police calls the morgue eventually, and then what happens after that depends on whether they can identify the person and contact their relatives etc., but even in the case they can’t, they’ll then eventually either be buried in an official cemetery or be dealt with in a crematorium.

4 Likes

Heh, thanks. That cake was great, and wow, this talk escalated quick. :scream:

4 Likes

I meant any type of dead body, homosapien or not.
(more often than not we’re talking about strays/impounded animals here)

Crematoriums have the exact same procedures and incinerator capabilities.

3 Likes

Either the city that i went to college in is “not normal” or there were not incineration facilities on site for either the Wastewater Treatment nor Water treatment facilities (those are two different treatment facilities) when I toured them for a college class.

These are both water treatment facilities.

I believe this is the wasterwater facility I visited.

Usually these facilities have protective bars/mesh on the intake pipes to prevent debris and animals from getting in.

Other than that, I don’t see anywhere where they would have a incinerator on site. Smoke’s gotta go somewhere.

7 Likes

Never heard of these spiders. Where’s @hivefleetbothan when you need him??

7 Likes