Back to Today's Deal

The World Through Your Eyes

Had a nice kayaking trip on the Danube the other day

The view of an approaching dust storm, while going home from base. These are commonplace where I currently am and are actually expected during the monsoon season each year. Replace the dust with water and those were the storms in Okinawa. I remember one billboard had a picture of a cheeseburger on it that got shredded by the storm. A big chunk of the burger picture was just lying in the street, so we put it up on the kitchen wall until we moved.

This is the frozen version of the lake below a popular hunters lodge, about an hour from my original home. In spring it’s a fishing and boating spot, in winter it’s… also a fishing spot. Back home it wasn’t uncommon for people to go out onto a frozen lake with a drill and fishing rods. It’s one of my favorite outdoor memories.

@Vandem Prince Van! You are brave to be on a river in a smol boat. O_o

@Fuzzles Weather, fun no? >.< You brave too. I wouldn’t be scare to step on the ice - too many Rescue 911 videos and the newer versions of it.

Well, today’s my birthday, so of course I had cake today, and it was great. It’s a chocolate cake with truffles and strawberry. Tastes as good as it sounds. :heart:

Good Stuff

Happy birthday, and that cake looks delish!

Thanks, and indeed it does, heh. :+1:

:cake: image

@Vandem Those shores remind me of the Northern part of Ontario. Lots of Lakes and Streams. Nice!

@Fuzzles They go ice fishing all around here. The ice gets thick and you can drive a car on the ice up North.

@carvalho20ptc Happy Birthday :tada::balloon: Where’s my cake?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hey peeps! :wave:t5:

Ask for the brigadeiros :eyes:

I am so there…

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=brigadeiros&t=vivaldi&atb=v237-6&ia=recipes&iax=about

Hey to yourself, @Silk :hugs: Nice pics :heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:

Thank you hun! :heart:

@delenn13 @Enki Thank you both. :blush:

We didn’t have chocolate truffles, though, which’s a pity but the cake was delicious ~ :heart:

No lie, first thing I thought of was Secret Life of Pets 2. Got two kids, so cartoon shows are a daily thing here. :joy:

Beautiful scenery, though.