The World Through Your Eyes

Yeah, we had 3-4 inches of powder late last week. It was, sadly, pretty bad. I think it was because basically came down really fast.

I’m sure people drove nice and slow after your light dusting too.

3 Likes

Was hanging around a zoo until not very long ago. :blush:

12 Likes

:astonished:“i want one those and one of those, uh and that one!” :heart_eyes:
*Dad: “it’s not a pet shop, boy…” :triumph:

8 Likes

This is about a 3 min drive from my house…

https://www.geek.com/news/ice-tsunami-caused-by-windstorm-prompts-evacuations-along-lake-erie-1775992/?source

7 Likes

So I came across this lovely item whilst browsing:

I hope it comes with a miniature excavator.
SX466

5 Likes

Well that sucks.

5 Likes

Oh no! :frowning_face: I hope you have a back up…

5 Likes

I’ve got 6 other pillows but I generally use two at a time. That was a newer one though. Then again, it was also 4 dollars.

6 Likes

11 Likes

So even though it’s not quite as cold as it had been in previous months, spring is taking its sweet time getting here. To get to see most flowers, we still have to go to some indoor gardens. Here are a couple of pictures of our visit today:

7 Likes

Paige NO!

3 Likes

These arrived today.

6 Likes

Are these $2 US bills in demand? I still have one somewhere.

5 Likes

They are not too common, and some people collect them. I think I have one somewhere too…

4 Likes

I bought them off ebay. Approx $4 each including shipping.

Reason I got them is I still remember what happened to the $2 bill my parents gave me as a kid and I feel bad about it still.

3 Likes

And now this arrived!

5 Likes

This is

BEAUTIFUL

I recently finally watched Miyazaki's Lupin The Third and I absolutely loved it! I've now watched all his featured films. One of my life goals is to go to the Ghibli museum* one day and watch his shorts.

Which movie of his is your favorite? Mine is Porco Rosso :pig:, for the beautiful flight scenes, Porco’s sense of righteousness and the overall message against extremism – and other things that would spoil it for everyone else.

4 Likes

That is a really hard question actually. I would probably have to say Nausicaä and the Valley of the Wind.

Kiki’s Delivery Service was the movie that got me started with Studio Ghibli.

I’ve also yet to watch The Secret World of Arrietty, From Up on Poppy Hill, My Neighbor Totoro, The Wind Rises, and Lupin the Third.

Also need to rewatch Porco Rosso and The Cat Returns.

4 Likes

Oh Nausicaä is so cool! I really like the universe there.

The movie that got me into Ghibli was Spirited Away. My mom took me to see it when I was REALLY young and I loved it! All the other kids were traumatized :joy:

I recently had a talk with some childhood friends that admitted to being afraid of it to this day! The Miyazaki power knows no bounds.

You’ve got plenty of amazing movies ahead of you. Totoro of corse is a classic, but I think all of them are great. I watched The Wind Rises on the first public screening in Brazil and cried my eyes out with my mom and one of my closest friends. Make sure to read the story surrounding the creation of the movie and its personal relationship to Miya-san at some point!

I hope you enjoy watching and rewatching his brilliance with that wonderful book as your guide. :blush:

5 Likes

Yeah, I’ve been looking to buy the collection since I saw it released on Amazon. Glad I found it for less than the $400 it’s going for on Amazon.

5 Likes