The World Through Your Eyes

Things are fun here.

Since I am sorta necroing this thread here is a cool turtle I saw. (It is a leatherback)

10 Likes

I can appreciate that second pic. Turtles can be pretty rad.

8 Likes

Shame I didn’t have my phone on me a few days ago when I saw one on the side of the road that was over 1 ft in diameter.

9 Likes

flattened by a bulldozer?

6 Likes

Nope this one was alive… just a huge leatherback turtle that was crossing the road. There was a person alongside it to make sure it crossed ok.

9 Likes

I’ve been both Oot and aboot today. I traveled to the next city over to do some unfortunately necessary shopping and snapped a few neat pictures I thought I’d share and a handfull of awful ones.

I really rather liked how the sun came down through the trees and how the canopies almost creates a little tunnel for you.

Then a little further on there I found this marvellous feat of civil engineering that I thought might interest at least a certain someone.

I tried to get a good close up of the tenants but I couldn’t get close enough without disrupting things and I wouldn’t want them to get all annoyed with me. They didn’t really show up on the pictures I got but they’re nothing too exciting anyway. The most common forest ants around here, Formica rufa I believe.

We don’t get stacks quite that nice around my usual stomping grounds as we have a rather healthy stock of the European green woodpecker around there. So most ant hills gets ruined every winter.

13 Likes

next gen light physics right there

8 Likes

That’s a very large ant-hill! The ones I usually see are very small in comparison…

And definitely agree with neat natural lighting situations… I can never get a picture properly, but the sun coming through tumultuous thunderstorm clouds of summer through my plane-polarized sunglass lenses always awe me to no end…

7 Likes

A certain someone certainly enjoyed it. Did your attempts to get close to them trigger the famous ‘squirts of acid’ response? Or were they not really swarming around the surface?

6 Likes

I own a dog. Please appreciate my dog.

Thank you kindly. :dog:

When a purple ball is the meaning of your existence on planet Earth.

*moar doggo*

‘Get closer, doggo!’ ‘Liek dis?’ ‘Oh my flip too close. Too cute.’

‘Doggo?’ ‘Mmmyes?’

‘You’re a good boye.’

‘This is the last time I spend several thousand fake gold coins on a bath just because you wanted to look fancy on that Louis Vuitton tie, got it?’ ‘Keep talking, hooman. I can’t hear you over the sound of how handsome I look.’ ‘… Goddammit.’

I have an unhealthy urge to push you ever so slightly so that you fall on it. Just to see what happens. I promise I’ll seek help.

In all honesty, that… castle… thing, if you will, reminded me of a hauntingly brilliant story by G. R. R. Martin (who, to me, is a passable author, albeit creative) called “Sandkings”. It’s a 30-page horror science fiction tale that is unfortunately unforgettable. Recommended. :blush:

16 Likes

Nothing too terrible actually, until the jaws pierce the skin… then the screaming begins.

In the end though, not lethal.

6 Likes

There were a lot of them around the base so I didn’t want to walk right up to it to get the close up shot required to make out the individual ants or annoy to them enough to get defensive.

7 Likes

Here is a photo of a church in my city that i took a while back:

And a beautiful landscape that i noticed behind my back while we were waiting for the bus:

And lastly a lovely photo of my doggo!

:wilted_flower:

17 Likes

That landscape photo is very nice, especially enjoy the mist or vapour rising out of the valley in the background and the sun shining through it. 5/7 would wait for the buss there any time.

11 Likes

You have good eye for photography, nice job.

Bob Ross would be proud.

10 Likes

:+1:
i had to blink to make sure it was “real”, looks damn nice, almost “fairytale-like setup” idyllic
half expected a narrator to pop up and go something like “and over the hill lived a grumpy ogre, mischievous gnomes and fairies, and many other strange creatures”

9 Likes

Awesome pics…:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Thank you guys very much for the great comments and compliments! :relaxed: @Fraggles @WikiTora @Gnuffi @delenn13

And now that i’m reviving the topic with a thank you message, i also brought home some new shots from the mountain trip. I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

And lastly a friendly cute kitty!

(sorry for the long post) :grin:

16 Likes

Annnnnd amazing.

8 Likes

Again, nice job!

Have you tried HDR photography? Almost any camera is capable of HDR thanks to exposure bracketing, but you’ll need a tripod for better results.
If you’re shooting in RAW, you can still work on these images, especially the mountain ridge.
As a note, with HDR it’s easy to get carried away and produce fake images. It’s important to balance technique and personal taste.

Here’s a quick video showing the process (the result is too much imo):

7 Likes