The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

5 Likes

my brain hurts.

6 Likes

poor children
stupid parents
ā€¦ thank fck we have rules for that kinda sht here

at first it reminded me of that key & peele video, then quickly notā€¦ :grimacing:

5 Likes

R.I.P. my little guy! You will be missed!

8 Likes

Awā€¦ such a sweet faceā€¦ My condolences, @NICK9X9.

6 Likes

So sorry , @NICK9X9.:hugs:

Hereā€™s a site I always send people to that have lost pets.

Just poke around that site. Itā€™s very ā€œpet friendlyā€.

5 Likes

@Danacscott @delenn13 Thank you! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I wish there was a resource on how to enjoy certain video games, because I feel like the reason I dislike many games is just that I havenā€™t figured out how to play them properly, or I approach them with the wrong mindset, with the wrong expectations. Iā€™m sure with many games itā€™s just a taste thing and Iā€™ll never enjoy them, but I have some games I feel like I could probably enjoy if I knew how.

10 Likes

You could always ask our opinion on specific titles you feel like youā€™ve not fully grasped the point of.

6 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear that :sunflower: one of the worst feelings. Beautiful photo though! I hope youā€™re doing alright

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be honest: 9 times out of 10, it is a taste thing. If a game starts off boring, then yeah, thereā€™s a chance that it will slowly build on its mechanics and become more challenging, but if itā€™s something else, youā€™re better off just leaving the genre alone.

Rule of thumb: if you need an external resource to enjoy a game, then the game isnā€™t good.

5 Likes

A place to ask such things would count as a resource xP When I have friends who have a game I donā€™t get, I ask them, but itā€™d be weird to post a thread to the effect of ā€œI donā€™t like [game], what donā€™t I get?ā€ xP

Itā€™s often specific games from genres I normally do enjoy xP

4 Likes

SE Lain is still one of the most visually stunning animated series iā€™ve ever seen
other Satoshi Kon works were awesome, too, and there wonā€™t be anymore, and currently no oneā€™s doing anything like this.

so many new animated series are coming out these years. some of them are really good, but i feel that this quality gap has been empty for years. animation went to different direction, and in 1:35 am, it makes me feel bittersweet.

5 Likes

I love love love this man unconditionally. His upcoming movie, that has since been filled away under the ā€œto never come to lightā€ category, was possibly going to be my all-time favorite of his and one of my all-around most adored. His grasp on the human condition and artistic mastery are unparalleled, and while Japan has bred plenty of fantastic directors ā€“ from its arguably finest, Akira Kurosawa, to another one of Konā€™s contemporaries, Miyazaki ā€“ I oftentimes feel that, like all other masters, his work had a condition inherently his, never again to be found through anyone elseā€™s approach.

TL;DR: I feel you.

Back to OT

6 Likes

Ah, I misinterpreted your post a bit, but my point still stands. If anything, that could mean itā€™s less of a taste thing and more of a ā€œthe game simply isnā€™t goodā€ thing. All I can really suggest is to try to think of what exactly you didnā€™t like about said games so you know what to avoid for next time.

4 Likes

Every Monday ā€¦

8 Likes

Shoulda have known @Enki and @DontBeSilly were up to something. :thinking:

8 Likes

Thankfully we have 6 years before their machinations truly begin.

4 Likes

@Enki they got usā€¦ time to slowly move to plan B which is stashed on another Tree.

7 Likes

Welp, I have now defended my thesis successfully. Just another month and I graduate!

Yaaaay!

Itā€™s all over now save for the shouting.

14 Likes