The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

of a (crappy) fast food joint ?? @_@

did they send samples in the mail containing cocaine or something??

5 Likes

Yes,of a crappy fast food joint . And it’s not like we dont have any of them here but i guess this processed rat meat place is new so pandemic can wait,have to group up and wait in line to try that shit out.

And ofc ordering food via delivery service is out of the question because it’s ZE GRAND OPENING .

I hope that both Burger King and these sorry excuses for humans will het fined to the oblivion.

4 Likes

that’s just so weird to me, that anyone would “celebrate” a burger king of all things @_@
their food aint even close to half decent fast food, and that’s being polite

6 Likes

Unintelligent design?

Only time I ever eat at one is if I am on the road and am in a hurry, and already very hungry, and it happens to be there as I drive by… Last time I ate at a Burger King was maybe 4-5 years ago… So I cannot recall whether it’s half-decent or not…

6 Likes

more like the consequences of (more or less unbridled) free will; the very same person could become an astronaut, go to the moon, win a nobel prize but then also eat a burger from the floor while drunk and sexually harass other ppl at work or on social media

the very same society that bans the death penalty today might be setting up concentration (and execution) camps for a certain (supposedly sub-)set of ppl tomorrow

it is why the design came with a system to make it all work, and if it isn’t followed then it all ends up going to hell one way or another (ofc that system comes with a lot of restrictions to said free will and personal freedom [and hence a lot of ppl cannot/will not accept it], for the greater good of all, the same reason laws are made)

it’s pretty much the same as if u would suddenly let the kids make up all the rules, but more subtle and slower in evolution

the subject being very controversial, i will not be debating it further, but anyone feel free to have your say about it ofc

5 Likes

Wait, Burger King has delivery??

4 Likes

There are companies which provide food delivery service. You order food via their platform from any supported food place and they take care of picking it up and delivering it to your front door.

4 Likes

next you’ll be telling me i can get my news paper delivered, idono, by some rando kid on a bike? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

I know,right! Finally we are getting some benefits from all that science …science people do.

4 Likes

yeah, actually depends on the country and wages; since labor is so cheap here, Burger King do their own delivery here, like most chains, but then there’s also those companies where u can order stuff from both restaurants which have and which don’t have delivery, and they take care of delivering for those that don’t

i have basically everything delivered here, even my weekly groceries from Carrefour

it’s not possible financially for these stores to do that in the West cuz wages, taxes, labor rights, etc.

4 Likes

We have one of those sort of companies that will pick up and deliver food for you from restaurants that do not deliver themselves but they charge a pretty hefty fee to do so. If you’re only ordering fast food for a single person you’re looking at nearly doubling what you’d pay for it. I really can’t see how they’re able to stay in business and who the hell are willing to pay such outrageous sums for junk food.

Now pizza shops have been offering delivery for decades and many places even offer it for free, though most require you order for a minimum amount.

5 Likes

It’s better than McDickald’s, by far and long, but it’s still low in overall quality.

I can make better, and it’s not even my specialty (that being confections), but as far as overall quality goes, one can do worse, though the options for worse are progressively fewer. Four, five years ago, it was likely better than it is now. Then again, I actually wouldn’t know for absolute certainty since they could very well be on the up and up. I haven’t had Burger King in longer than you haven’t, so…

Anyway…
I spent most of a six hour block writing and testing out code. Argument errors, bleah…lolz

4 Likes

In need of hugs. sigh

5 Likes

@Danacscott

7 Likes

6 Likes

Le purr. ^^

@GeekInUndies, @DontBeSilly. You fluffiest are great. Thanks. :hugs:

5 Likes

Depending on the company you choose ( we have several here and they really grew in popularity and size in past few years …maybe they knew about upcoming pandemic lol? ) it’s 3-5 euros for delivery . So if you are getting food from same establishment for larger group of people delivery fee just melts into the whole price pretty well.

It’s mighty popular here. Actually if you get something to take out it’s 2 or 3 regular customers waiting for their order and 9-10 of delivery guys :smiley: one time it was literally me and my gf and 12 of those guys at a pizza place waiting for the orders…

7 Likes

here, delivery ranges literally from $0.32 to $1.9 depending on the store/restaurant, and Carrefour even delivers for free

that’s how low wages are here; those delivery guys without a doubt make at least double or three, if not four, five times their salary in tips

6 Likes

Over here we always had delivery services provided by the restaurants, in the past it was mostly from pizza places as well, but since the food industry has grown over the past years in my city, we had a lot more variety being delivered. Now that we have the cellphone apps, it’s easier and there are all sorts of food for you to choose from (and it’s also easier for introverts like me that always had problems ordering from phone calls). I believe the most predominant here right now is iFood, with UberEats close behind and a bit of Rappi in some places.

Although, I live in a capital city, so these things are more common. I have a friend that lives in a smaller town in rural area that has yet to get any of these services.

4 Likes

Where I live, I could get takeout delivery from some places but the cost of delivery, using the delivery service provided by the app, would be quite high. It wouldn’t be worth it.

So, yeah; kinda would have to go in to get the food I wanted, or through the drive-thru, if the option was there. Universal Food Delivery is very much, a #WealthBasedPrivilege, and is on up there with high-quality masks that I see almost no one wear.

Yes; I will continue to pound this nail until it is firmly in place that just because certain things are a certain way, doesn’t mean that one is able to financially abide by them, whether they actually intend to or not. Capitalism leads to wealth-based privilege, and that is a symptom of rampant greed and avarice. It seems to be that only one in every few hundred thousand actually realizes this as fact.

1 Like