The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Things the quarentine do to you: while searching for an old show I’ve watched as a kid in Brazil I’ve found out that it also aired in USA, and I’ve been watching two clips of it in a loop.

plz send help…

6 Likes

TV Cruj?

3 Likes

Garganta e Torcicolo at MTV Brazil. It turns out the show was exported as Throut & Neck to US but it floped there, while in here it lasted for an year.

TV Cruj was also a good part of my childhood, and I think I’ll check on that later.

5 Likes

Starting in a few minutes, might not be too dramatic, but I will be out looking to try to see. :smiley:

5 Likes

They are saying it’s practically unnoticeable without optics.

6 Likes

Yeah, I am just going to be chilling outside with my wife in the backyard, so no big deal. Beer in hand, all is good. :smiley:

7 Likes

Well, we stayed out for an hour, the moon looks no different. We played around with a few pieces of ground-based fireworks (nothing that goes up into the air) and decided to come back in.

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of that one, and I used to watch MTV a lot, lol yeah my guess was too far.

5 Likes

It has even an Youtube channel dedicated to it - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEjGSThd0qnCGJzgW2Oysw

That show was exclusive to Brazil, until it got exported later on to US and airing on the Game Show Network.

4 Likes

I do remember João Gordo, but only from his later stuff, my guess is that I started watching MTV at around 2000, and wiki says this program only aired until 1998, missed it by a couple years. :stuck_out_tongue: Interesting show to say the least, the interactivity seems awesome.

4 Likes

0 energy drinks left, fml, i quit, gonna hide under the bed covers and never come out again :flushed:

6 Likes

Maybe you will get some much-needed sleep.

6 Likes

The amount of dog turns I do before falling asleep, maybe light stretching is a good idea before clambering into bed. :thinking:

7 Likes

Yeah, I’ve watched it in my tube TV, and the signal was bad but I could watch it without too much trouble. This is where I met him, and nowadays he’s been doing fine, as well as Rebecca Grant.

https://twitter.com/joao_gordo_

Yeah, that show was great, and it pretty much predates online multiplayer games as we know nowadays just like DOOM did.
It’d be interesting if they made a comeback with better prizes and more interactivity.

5 Likes

It’s called a tripod fish. A fish with legs and antennae? What a weird deep sea animal.

tripodfish

10 Likes

I immediately thought of the one weird enemy from AVGN Adventures that’s a fish-headed, television on legs. lmfao

2 Likes

So it seems we are getting ‘new’ ‘atari’ 'console ’ … Yeah all those brackets are deliberate.

4 Likes

Been feeling quite tired and sick the past two days. Nothing too bad. I should really get some sleep.

6 Likes

hugs Me too. Let’s agree to cat nap today. :heart:

5 Likes

why does caramel stick to the teeth so bad?
it’s like candy that doesn’t want to be eaten :no_mouth:

7 Likes