The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

One wonders if 1.4% of a thing can still be called that thing anymore…

2 Likes

too bad they can’t seem to start waking up here though

1 Like

So instead of a giant wall. It will just be a big building in the middle of the desert.

It might be cheaper to make an underground bunker city at this point. :melting_face:

1 Like

The line became a point, but the whole idea was always pointless.

2 Likes

Weird looking golf course

2 Likes

@Fraggles

I was thinking of your food quality complaint last night after watching this video from Adam Savage (a very rambly video so I’m pasting the link where he begins getting to the point):

In summary, the company producing his favorite pencil has made it worse in basically every way. I seem to be noticing an acceleration of a concerning trend in large businesses lately. Largely to do with publicly-traded companies where “we have to do right by the stockholders” is the excuse/mantra: myopic profit-seeking via cashing in on brand reputation. The pattern goes something like this:

1. Have a brand that is in supply-demand equilibrium, where interested customers are satisfied paying the price for what they get.
  2. Quickly disrupt the demand curve. This can be accomplished by encheapening your product/service, hiking the price, adding restrictions, injecting microtransactions, whatever. The point is, the company does something to make the demand go down by affecting price vs value.
  3. There is a window in which market inertia means the company is able to sell their lower-demand version of the product at the old product’s demand curve, while gaining the profits of the new version. Particularly in the case of extensive supply chains - e.g. Staples isn’t sitting around evaluating that the new pencil changed the second it happens, they’re still just putting in orders by the truckload for pallets and pallets of the things.
  4. Invariably the window closes and profits drop to lower than pre-disruption levels, blamed always (always!) on “market headwinds”. But by now the CEO has moved on to another company and this drop in profits after they leave just reinforces how much they were “contributing”, meaning they will be quickly picked up and asked to make another company more “profitable”.
  5. Repeat.

The pattern is so obvious that either the boards running these companies are idiots or they know exactly what they’re doing. I’m not sure which is more bleak.

5 Likes

I hear the new Fallout TV show isn’t very good, might check it out in a year or so once the modding community have fixed it up.

7 Likes

3 Likes

Snuggles next to ye. :heart::hugs:

2 Likes

ii prefer play , read thing or watch videos outside live is not for mee ah i love chronoo specially @delenn13 and @carvalho20ptc n.n

3 Likes

Awww. Thanks Sweetie! :revolving_hearts:

4 Likes

your welcome chrono mum :smile:

4 Likes

OMG just thought of some great new channel point rewards! (ok, in all honestly, i stole it from another streamer :sweat_smile:) Viewers are going to be able to redeem making me talk Dutch, French, or Arabic for 10 min straight regardless of what happens, lol.

It’s gonna be “expensive” though so it doesn’t happen too often (which also makes sense cuz it’s “high impact”), but I think it will make the stream more interesting and weird, though ofc not everyone will like it.

@GeekInUndies once advised me I should use what sets me apart in my stream more, great advice which I never forgot but never rly knew how to apply, but I guess now that I use a webcam I’m growing more into that aspect of things?

3 Likes

twitch new meta

2 Likes

@Danacscott

3 Likes

6 Likes

That’s awesome! :fireworks:

3 Likes

And I approve of Deadpool :rainbow::heart_eyes:

My Bunneh got me a Deadpool bobblehead a few years ago.

1 Like

might stream this next:

and it has twitch chat integration, so apparently the bosses and elites will be named after ppl in chat :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

20 years later:

5 Likes