The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Um darling? Where is the house exactly? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Itā€™s your day @Danacscott!

4 Likes

Oh. Yeah! That means you guys will pet me today right? runs in circles excitedly

5 Likes

makes a futile attempt to pet a squirrel excitedly running around in circles

6 Likes

I am up at 5AM for the pre-opā€¦

4 Likes

Hope all goes smoothly :heart::hugs:

3 Likes

I got some great news today! And to celebrate the most fantastical of all newsies I will probably ever get, I awarded myself. I told myself Iā€™d only do it if I got the news, feels a lot nicer now that it accompanies something great!

Words, honestly, cannot be found for how GOOD I feel. I have never felt this way before. For once, in my long life, something has gone my way and will change my way of life.

May God or Space Spaghetti dude keep it this way! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congrats on the something. Hope it works out as well or better than youā€™re expecting.

4 Likes

Thats great @Rhyagelle !
Hope everything goes your way!

5 Likes

Oldie but goodie :rofl:

5 Likes

ancient wisdom

4 Likes

Milestone achieved :tada:

this is what being poor looks like

6 Likes

ok, besides the being poor thing, thatā€™s legit pretty funny :joy:

5 Likes

Well, yā€™all, in two weeks I leave* for the military. Itā€™ll be quite some time until Iā€™m able to use a PC freely, so donā€™t be too alarmed if ya donā€™t see me in maybe years. Hopefully it wonā€™t be THAT long. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Mew. I hope youā€™ll be safe and learn a lot of cool stuff. Weā€™ll miss your perky lil self :heart:

4 Likes

ok, so for some rly stupid reason (I think itā€™s because of their ā€œnoise suppressionā€), Discord automatically lowers your Windows mic setting (like all the way to 18 from 100 at times), making it impossible for my stream to even pick up my audio most of the time because of my noise gate, OMG. That was horrendous. And I think Discord was doing it to my guest as well cuz even though we were having a great time and communicating just fine his audio is barely discernable as well in the VOD. Big RIP, hopefully disabling noise suppression fixes that going forward.

Noise suppression, more like voice suppressionā€¦

And I got the biggest raid Iā€™ve had so far (50) and ppl couldnā€™t even hear me ā€¦ :scream: :scream: :scream:

3 Likes

Yeah Iā€™ve heard peoples mics being completely wiped out on streams by discordā€™s noise suppression feature before. Shame it ruined the first kind of special thing you managed to set up.

3 Likes

yep, it was actually the dev who reached out to me for this as I won his game in a twitter giveaway set up by someone else (I didnā€™t even know I was participating lol. I think i just likeD some random post) and he had been in my stream before when i played a demo of his

well, at least the two of us had fun :joy:

and oh, yeah, not to mention I got another raid (4) after and then another raid (17) afterwards as well (what the hell) but at least I was back on SnowRunner then and with good audio again so ppl actually did stick around lol

3 Likes

Completely off topic (but thatā€™s the point of this thread, right?) I mentioned last year that I was going to buy a piano. Well I did, and taught myself a few tunes :musical_keyboard:. Video and audio quality arenā€™t the best, but this wasnā€™t really intended for any audience, just playing around. The volume is quite loud for me but not ideal for recording; what I need to do is get a headphone volume potentiometer, so I can hear at reasonable volume while piping high volume audio into my PC.

Anyway, playlist is arranged from easiest to most difficult, mostly a mix of sheet music I found online but thereā€™s some simple stuff I just figured out by ear and one I made up myself. Not really looking for any technical feedback here, just sharing; Iā€™m very new to the piano (this is my first musical instrument of any kind, actually), self taught, and a complete amateur, so just temper your expectations lol. Enjoy, if you dare:

5 Likes

Probably a Star Wars fan? Keep on good work!

2 Likes