The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Listen for the still small voice of divine love.

5 Likes

Now that itā€™s become clear (to me, having only really looked into it now) what exactly Hamas has been doing during their attack on Israel, I, as a Muslim, have to clearly say, Fuck Hamas. May God destroy all of them who were intently responsible in any way (whether actively or otherwise) for the killing of innocent civilians, regardless of whether those were children, the elderly, or both young men and women.

Though I understand this is partly the result of the suffering the Palestinians have been undergoing for three quarters of a century now, which certainly pains me, I also feel the pain of their victims and of all the additional suffering which will now also be unleashed on innocent Palestinians as a direct result of this terrorist attack.

Islam allows fighting an oppressor and defending your land by killing the soldiers doing that. This was not that, not for a big part at least. And this is completely forbidden.

All of it just sickens me to my stomach.

Iā€™m sorry to bring this up, but I feel I had to make this clear.

4 Likes

I would add, also fuck the Israelean leaders.

I still hope there will be a peaceful solution where the people of both cultures can be free.

4 Likes

DLC for Company of Heroes 3 called Night Fighters Capture Point Bundle:

AZCOH-CFMPC-?JTCL-B6D6T

? = 8

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure weā€™ve all been annoyed at times with game series that decides to launch a new ā€œfirstā€ game and name it without any distinguishing details. But this oneā€™s really taking the piss.

I was a bit surprised seeing ā€œLords of the Fallenā€ in the new steam releases, couldā€™ve sworn that was an old game. Is this a remake, a remaster? No. Itā€™s just a plain new game from a different developer (same publisher) that they decided was best not billed as a sequel or as itā€™s own game in any sort of way. Instead they just changed the name of the old title to old title+2014, except they didnā€™t do the same change to itā€™s DLCs and extras.

You know this is why we have Trademark laws, not for companies to wield against each other for market dominance, but to protect customers from confusion. Who could sue to protect a companyā€™s trademarks from themselves?

8 Likes

One is ā€œOf Theā€ the other is ā€œof theā€, clearly distinguishable :clown_face:

9 Likes

This would be true, but the artbook, map, and soundtrack are ā€œof the.ā€ They just released those 9 years earlier is all.

Also 3 have the trademark, but not the soundtrack.

Not convoluted at all!

5 Likes

Aww hun Iā€™m so sorry to hear this :white_heart::sunflower:it sounds like thereā€™s plenty of hope still though and I hope he makes a full recovery :sparkles:
How are you both dealing now? :sunflower:

3 Likes

At least itā€™s not acorns :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

How did the do go? You feeling better?:sunflower:

3 Likes

Myrr. Appointment got pushed back to next month by the doctor. Flubber.

2 Likes

I went for my scan for my headaches this past friday. Had been waiting since FEB for the apptā€¦ The last few days have been a whirlwind. I still have a lot of reading and we need to watch a few videos together. I think I have all his meds figured out. He is having a different type of chemo. Itā€™s only being administered once a week for 6 weeks(I think) and heā€™s doing something called immunotherapy(itā€™s once a week too) instead of radiation which is good because we were first told he would have to have radiation for 30 days, 5 times a week.

Got his picc line today and he starts treatment tomorrowā€¦ 6 hoursā€¦Have a friend from the states that said itā€™s good they are giving him that immunotherapy because that means itā€™s curable. In the states they only give that type of chemo/immunotherapy to patients they know that have a chance to live. Plus, he doesnā€™t lose his hair.

3 Likes

Guys. Where do you find components for electronics? Like I watched a YT person restore an old handheld brick game. He even replaced the battery contacts that had rusted.

I tried to find the tiny LCD screen that old brick game handhelds have inside, but Google being a sponsored ads pest. I canā€™t find decent answers to much of anything lately.

That aside, seriously, how does one find components? Anyone know?

2 Likes

Build a time machine and go back to the 90s or early noughties.
Used to be relatively easy to get hold of electronic components of all sorts, these days everything is manufactured exclusively under contracts for large electronics retailers and theyā€™re keeping spare parts off the market. You might be able to find something on places like Aliexpress, if you know exactly what youā€™re looking for though.

Also might consider using another search engine like maybe duckduckgo, could help.

3 Likes

gonna need a lot of electronic components for that, Iā€™m afraid

3 Likes

People seem to usually order directly from china nowadays.

A quick google gave me this site, but i canā€™t vouch for it:
https://www2.mouser.com/electronic-components/

3 Likes

I have ordered from Mouser before, had no issues. Got a power supply for a LED project I was doing.

3 Likes

Cool. Will look into Mouser, thanks guys. I know the days of RadioShack are long gone, still, it was surprising how hard it is to find components.

Ps. I did try duckduckgo before writing the previous post. Didnā€™t help much either.

2 Likes

I have been using Startpage for years.

2 Likes

Herm. Never hear of it @delenn13 Will have a peek. Thanks! :heart:

1 Like

Myrr! I forgot. Happy Halloween my Chronies. pets

5 Likes