The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Darth Jar Jar would have been a mind boggling revelation for Lucas to reveal. Some of the things he does is insane, even for highly skilled Jedi Masters. xD

3 Likes

5 Likes

Itā€™s taking all I have not to steal my neighborā€™s puppy and find it a new home. They beat this poor thing and they have a high intensity shock collar on it. Itā€™s constantly being shocked and is screaming in pain.

I wish nothing but misery on people who harm animals. I really do.

4 Likes

That is absolutely something you can and should report to the police.
Capture audio recordings of the events if you can, should help in landing a conviction of animal cruelty.

5 Likes
1 Like

The problem is that they beat it inside, so the audio that I could use could be explained as anything. The kid that technically owns the dog admits her family beats their animals though, but I donā€™t know how that can be used. The only thing that happens outside is the shock collar abuse, but thatā€™s legal in my state unfortunately.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to be a bit harsh with you here, but if you actually care about this animalā€™s welfare then put some effort into it. Hereā€™s a suggestion though, if the dog being beaten or repeatedly shocked and crying lasts for more than a few minutes then you have the time to position yourself outside their home or door with your cellphone and record a video with sound there. Mention the date and time and try to capture address, name plate or apartment number.

Having a shock collar might be legal, however Iā€™m pretty sure abusing it is not. If you can tell that theyā€™re repeatedly and unnecessarily shocking the dog then you can get that on video and or audio as well.

You do not need one single clear obvious piece of evidence of animal abuse that would on itā€™s own condemn them in everyoneā€™s eyes. A larger number of vague but similar events captured will still help paint the picture. All you need is something that gives the police a reasonable justification for visiting and examining the animal. Start building the case as soon as you can, as every day you sleep on this is another day this animal is under duress.

However do not misunderstand me here, I am not saying you are personally responsible for this or that you are obligated to do anything. You are perfectly free to mind your own business and ignore it.

Thatā€™s my thumb and thatā€™s one of several videos I took of a neighbor who didnā€™t beat their dog, but they would leave it alone for hours on end in their apartment and the dog would spend the entire time barking and crying about it. I took several videos like this and I chose this one here because it doesnā€™t actually contain any identifying information. This along with the others was enough to get the apartment management involved and got the tenants to give away the dog to someone who would take care of it or face eviction. I did this primarily because I really could not stand having this noise going on for hours on end every day. Whatever your reasons are, you can do something.

5 Likes

My neighbors are known drug dealers, so Iā€™m a little afraid of getting up close to the door or one of their windows, but if itā€™s enough just get the audio recordings or even a video of the dog being shocked unnecessarily, Iā€™ll try that and then walk it to the police station to show them. I just hope the police arenā€™t going to tell them who reported it in, as Iā€™m not sure how that works here in KY. My family and I rescue cats and dogs and have them in an outside, large enclosure while they wait to get adopted, wouldnā€™t want retaliation on them (which has unfortunately happened before).

4 Likes

If everyone knows they deal drugs, including the cops, the cops may be in on the deal. Submitting a complaint would then either get ignored or get passed along.

Ultimately, your safety and your familyā€™s safety is more important. Itā€™s tough because you donā€™t want to leave an animal to an abusive environment.

4 Likes

Oh yeah? Explain this, then:
Taiwan is Ukraine

6 Likes

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m saying, dude!

3 Likes

3 Likes

:joy: Thatā€™s why lilo makes pudge the fish a peanut butter sandwich

2 Likes

Okay so Iā€™m obviously terrible at keeping up over here. If yall want to interact a bit more thatā€™s not steam or discord, Iā€™m usually active on Instagram - https://instagram.com/acornavenger?igshid=ZDdkNTZiNTM=

I trust yall :white_heart: Iā€™ll try pop in every now and then

5 Likes

Hey there, Sweetie :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Been missing ya. :hugs:

3 Likes

Hardly use Instagram. Forget always I do. ><

1 Like

Just got some bad medical news, as if the last few months of crap havenā€™t been enough, the cosmos gotta slap more on. I just canā€™t ever catch a break.

3 Likes

Sorry, @Rhyagelle :hugs:

2 Likes

2 Likes

These are soooo Purty!

2 Likes