The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Amazon’s Wheel of Time Judd or whatever his name is straight up lied and said it was faithful to the books. I’m still so salty about that. :sob:

4 Likes

In that case, you may throw a stick at that guy! (not really though, :P) Mean to outright lie to the fans.

3 Likes

What seems faithful to one reader might seem utterly bonkers to another, because they interpreted the work in different ways. I think it’s unwise to assume that someone’s interpretation will be anything like yours, and that’s not even getting to changes necessary to make the transition to a different medium and context work.

Novels also allow a lot of vagueness in one’s interpretation that doesn’t get in the way of enjoying the work, but film and TV adaptations have to be more specific - and there’s no way to make something specific that’s faithful to something vague, anything specific will feel shallower. Some people will in the blanks with their own details, but for those who do not, this can make any adaptation feel wrong.

6 Likes

nod nod Exactly this. One does not simply take dialogue and turn a book into a movie.

Yes. I looked up Minas Tirith ((LoTR) and the film’s rendering of it was interesting, certainly more solid that my imagining of it would have been. That’s just one bit of architecture and characters are much more difficult to render with “accuracy”.

3 Likes

Getting back on my feet,literally. Many shots of medicine left ( those painful ones which goes to your bum ) and procedures left but at least no permanent damage , seems that way at least.

One of the vertebra decided to get ‘stuck’ and caused inflammation .

7 Likes

Have you considered picking the masochist perk for yourself and turn all that pain and agony into enjoyment?

Joke aside, glad to hear you’re at least getting better.

4 Likes

If they will ever make RPG video game inspired by my life i will make sure they add such perk and make it OP. Also lootboxes.

Thank you @Fraggles . These thing can make as much damage mentally as physically.

6 Likes

The choir agree. Glad you got some meds and they’re helping. Mine keep giving side effects of ev3l. Mentally it is the scuk.

Keep on getting better. pets :heart:

5 Likes

Well, we’re glad you’re coming back in shape. Take care for this thing to not come back again. :+1:

5 Likes

Oh, so that’s how we got couches like this:

4 Likes

Grandma was like: SOLD!
Me:

4 Likes

ahaha its not that bad

they knew what they lied and i god mad respect for someone to get something or wear something they like but others wouldn’t

those grandmas were lit lmao

5 Likes

In the wise words of Macklemore in the musical masterpiece Thrift Shop, it was 99 cents.

4 Likes

A good deal when you only got $20 in your pockets.

4 Likes

Ouch.I have scoliosis and arthritis throughout my entire spine and neck so I kinda feel your pain.

Glad you are feeling better. :hugs:

4 Likes

Found this one on Steam Subreddit. It’s a site that generates a mosaic of games you own and play on your Steam account.

Here’s mine:

5 Likes

Pretty cool. I am scared to do that with ALL my games… :rofl:

4 Likes

Dear Friends, Fans, Colleagues, World,

I regret to inform you that a great light in the firmament no longer shines for us as it has for so many years.

Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away. Her light, however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration.

Hers was a life well lived and as such a model for us all.

I, and the rest of our family, would appreciate your patience and forbearance as we grieve her loss until we can recover sufficiently to speak further. Her services will be for family members and the closest of her friends and we request that her and our privacy be respected.

Live Long and Prosper,

Kyle Johnson (https://uhura.com/)

:vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Yea, I know. I am so tired of all my childhood heroes slowly slipping away. Sigh!

4 Likes

If you want to give me brain aneurysm in a single line of text:

aneurism

4 Likes