The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

It only works with the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller. The first Xbox Elite Controller, the three generations of Xbox One controllers and the Xbox Series controller all come with a white LED only.

5 Likes

Castle Chrono can be so eerily quiet without giveaways or big discussions. Myrr. finds a tree to sleep in

5 Likes

Gives me a chance to catch up :3

5 Likes

Then allow me to make yours and mine OCD go nuts, fellow chronies.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Back problems are …well back. Couldnt even get out of bed for work today as it is to painful to fo that. Yey.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. I also do know how much painful a hurt back can be. :cold_sweat:

Try to use a cold or hot compress on it and take some pain relievers. Just take the day to rest and save your tasks for later.

That’s all I can say, really.

3 Likes

They do be making an Eragon series at Disney+.

Poor Dragonriders of Pern!

Eragon wouldn’t exist, quite literally, if it were not for Anne McCaffrey’s amazing Pern series. Poor woman was slung around by production companies for over three decades about getting her series to film, never even got to see it happen, just to see it stuck in development hell. :sob:

2 Likes

I wonder what’s best, being stuck in development hell or get made into a movie so mediocre most people plain forgot it ever existed.

2 Likes

Hope you feel better @DontBeSilly :hugs:

I got a call from the doc yesterday morning. I SEE him again today and I got my appointments for my lung scan and ultrasound … August 18.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Fractal Wood Burning. WTH. Here I am afraid of using a heat gun, but then there’s this:

2 Likes

Say it isn’t so…

Actually, the last time I had one, it was way smaller and less crispy than I remembered. It was kinda disappointing. :unamused:

2 Likes

Ummm…what? (there’s only 7 items in the “10” bundle as well)

Hopefully they’re just out of keys… That being said, it’s Not like I was going to buy the bundle anyway.

3 Likes

I’m a rabid fan, so being stuck in development hell is worse for me. xD

2 Likes

I’m a fan who has not contracted rabies, so I’d prefer my favourite IPs are left alone rather than butchered by studio interference or hack writers who think that adapting things means they get to do their own finger painting across an old masterwork.

3 Likes

You guys have a consumer view of “development hell” I guess. My imagination went to: casting snafus then re-casting, getting different actors schedules to coincide as many are on multiple projects, sponsors falling through, or trying to muscle in on the writer’s with their own “good ideas”, funding in general. Then there’s location problems: weather, terrain, sudden pandemics and lockdown. It could be so many things.

There’s a story right now I’d love to see, a Season 2 with focus on secondary leads and their ship, that’s in definite “development hell”. By the time they sort things out, they may have to switch out actors, take out characters altogether and change the storyline (hopefully not awkwardly) and disappoint the fans heavily.

There’s also, the problem of shooting something like the Harry Potter series, where the actors are literally aging up as you go. Imagine co-ordinating a beast like that (and yes, the 2 part last movie was just greediness, ngl).

It’s surely embarrassing if for some reason, you as a creator, have no final say so in the final product and it’s an awful mess, literally or in the public’s opinion. The show based on Lookism is apparently, the fans in the comments say, a horribly butchered version of the manga. I’ve never read the Manga, so to me, it was a good script the 2 episodes in and I had no problem enjoying the show. Free on Youtube and people complaining is what I was thinking. ><

What is worse “development hell” or shoddy production? Idk about choosing. It’s like weaving a beautiful cloth that everyone looks at, but no one wants to make it into a dress, or suit, but then, maybe someone is willing to make it into cushion covers. blink blink

I guess it’s down to what a person can handle. Can you keep pushing and struggling to get out of development hell until it all lines up? Maybe you need that money now and sell your cloth to the upholstery, as much as it hurts. shrugs

4 Likes

It’s not really working simile, but lets pretend it is. You’re about to attend a formal function and you’ve specially ordered a dress made from this lovely cloth you’ve picked out and the day of you’re delivered a pillow case. I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be greatly pleased with the result, no matter how wonderful it may be. They’re not fit for purpose, it isn’t what you asked for. Then next day the tailor has taken out a huge ad in the newspaper about how vile a person you are for not liking the pillowcase you got. (though in most of these cases, the pillow case wasn’t even a good example of a pillow case)

Yes of course we’re looking at this from a consumer stand point, that’s what we are.

As a creator the case is obviously very different. First of all you have a choice as a creator, it’s up to you under what conditions your work will be handled. You can either straight up sell the license to a studio to do with what they please, at which point you’re not involved anymore what happens and what comes out of it is none of your business, or problem.

If you chose to award the license with strings attached that requires your involvement then again, you have the choice of to what degree. Of course a studio also has the choice on whether or not they will accept your terms, so the question becomes a tradeoff most likely between control and earnings. You demand full control over a project they’re likely not willing to pay as much.

Anyway. Why would consumers complain? Because they love the work something was based on and the something was not what was expected or promised. “Just don’t watch it then” well yeah, I don’t, but it’s really not that simple either. Since licenses and IPs are traded and controlled a studio making hash out of your favourite IPs means no one else can try to do it justice. No one else is going to be making a better Wheel of Time TV series, because the people who got hold of the license messed it up and as a result it flopped. Now even IF they could get access to the IP it’s unlikely a publicly traded company would take a chance at it, since all they see is that it was tried and it failed. So clearly we don’t like Wheel of Time TV adaptations.

So as a big Wheel of Time fan I’m left with a shitty TV adaptation with very slim hopes of ever seeing it done properly. Yeah I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be and express discontent with that.

2 Likes

I hang on hoping we get someone who tries to do it justice, like with Dune. Desperation. I’ve been dreaming about a movie or show for Pern since I was 7yrs old. :laughing:

5 Likes

@Fraggles Agree with everything save the first the paragraph even from a consumer point of view. Most movies, for eg. dont outright lie and say: “This is faithful retelling of the source material” and then it’s not.

Most movies have “inspired by” or “adaptation of” or “based on a novel by X-author”. Unless the consumer doesn’t take a second to read or research, they know full well whether to expect a dress “close to the creator’s intention/imagining” or a pillow case “a derivation based on the creator’s cloth”, pillow case being an extreme example.

The difference is: how emotional the consumer gets about the dress or the pillowcase, how upset they get.

Some of the creative decisions made for the Lord of the Rings trilogy set my teeth on edge, as I’ve read the trilogy at least twice. When I moved, that book came with me. Even so, the franchise got so many things right, I’m not that incensed and still enjoy those films. (No, I’m not including The Hobbit movies, btw.)

5 Likes