The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Nice! Though it may not be til the New Year. I’m hoping to get it in trade. fingers and toes crossed

4 Likes

9 Likes

Really like this guy’s work, solid interview. Wanted to share somewhere, so…

Oh, and guess what? He has excellent taste.

What’s your first recollection of falling in love with game music?

Without a doubt, playing Monkey Island 2 on a SoundBlaster 16. I must have been 13, and Monkey Island 2 blew me away with its seamless musical transitions between scenes. I noticed how the music would develop and morph into different instrumentation depending on the place you visited, without interrupting playback (I later found out this was Michael Land & Peter McConnell’s iMuse system at work). As trivial as it may seem by today’s standards, this was a revelation for me. I knew you could have great music in a game, but this elevated it to a whole new level!

5 Likes

Being 10-17 is like hearing other people talk about a video game you just realized you own but haven’t really played yet. And everyone is complaining about things being so difficult and you think ‘I would never make those mistakes’.

7 Likes

totes would buy one.

7 Likes

Welp, it’s official now! I have graduated and am now the fatigued proud owner of a bachelors degree! Freedom tastes so good.

12 Likes

Congratulations, I hope you’ll have great use of it.

9 Likes

Thanks! Even if I don’t make a career of it, I think what I’ve learned and studied in it has been irreplaceable.

9 Likes

@Vindace

6 Likes

5 Likes

@Danacscott @delenn13 Thank you! It feels great to finish.

6 Likes

That’s fantastic! Good job! It’s time to celebrate!

5 Likes

Do WHAT?

Instructions unclear, dick stuck in printer.

I’m not 100% convinced that is actually a ‘cl’

5 Likes
5 Likes

Happy Sunday!!!:sunny::sun_with_face::heavy_heart_exclamation:

5 Likes

6 Likes

@GeekInUndies Too soon. mourns for the game

3 Likes

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1204538763579404289/pu/vid/406x720/2jTIqVzhcCQM_Mzk.mp4

7 Likes

@delenn13 Canada? :canada: :canada:

7 Likes

Future employee of Zamboni.

4 Likes