The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Not doing well. Everything that goes wrong is my faiult it seems. Good to know when someone hates you. I guess

4 Likes

Same here, and it sucks especially coming from someone who was supposed to take care of you.
But yeah, life can be really unfair sometimes. However don’t lose hope, someday you’ll find someone who respects and cares about you for who you are.

3 Likes

I am back. We lost power as of friday afternoon and the apt got down to 6C. We are supposed to get 30 more cm of snow tonight. 25 people have died in buffalo, NY and we are really close to that so if you read anything about Buffalo…it affects us too.

My internet is spotty and i have things to do as my house is a wreck(as we were trying to just be warm) and we still haven’t even had Christmas dinner.

Here’s a video of both buffalo and Fort Erie…It’s pretty harsh…

3 Likes

I was plotting my eventual platform upgrade the other day and it is still quite expensive sadly. I will probably only pull a trigger on this sometime next year , maybe spring or summer , but i have my doubts that prices will go significantly lower by then. Tbh only part which i feel is really overpriced is MOBO , but this is till a ‘budget’ option believe it or not.

I also probably dont need that beefy of a cooler but it seems like a future proof item in general.

Anyway, this amounts to almost 800 euros , which is steep for just 4 items.

Side note : that specific ram kit is actually incompatible with this cpu cooler as it turns out . Non rgb version is though and is like 20-30 euros less.

5 Likes

I hope you can have at least some peace to celebrate the New Year. We miss you and your thankful messages in our threads. :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

Hey, chrono, are you actually selling data off this forum in some manner or is it just common webcrawler snooping going on?

Asking because when this first happened with the derailleur thing and I suddenly got youtube videos about it, it was curious. Now youtube has started throwing Cities skylines videos into my suggested videos and I had not talked or even so much as thought about that game for years until I posted here about it, ever so briefly, when recommending Against the storm. It’s kind of weird and creepy.

I have never ever previously considered, written or spoken aloud about taxidermy before. Hey youtube, show me how to stuff and pose a reindeer.

Lets see if that turns into anything.

3 Likes

Last night I was chatting with my US nephew and mentioned Alone in the Dark 1. I was on my phone and nowhere near Chrono, lol

Anyway, my Youtube recommends suddenly include a video on that old af game, from a creator I’ve never watched. The video itself was only 5 hours old at that point. Hella coincidence.

4 Likes

And here are the Steam Awards winners.

Hey, look, Elden Ring won GOTY…again. :roll_eyes:

Cyberpunk 2077 winning Labor Of Love is the peak of irony, and Death Stranding won an award for the sake of a joke.

3 Likes

I got recommended one about Alone in the Dark 1 a week or so ago too. =)

3 Likes

Boaty McBoatface

Never take anything decided by internet too seriously.

Like, how many people voted God of War (2018) thinking it was God of War Ragnarok? And on top of that, winning “Outstanding Story-Rich”…

4 Likes

Nifty. Only just started the laying it when comp went down. Really wonder how good it is.

2 Likes

Nah, those results were probably rigged. :roll_eyes:

Jokes aside, yeah, it shouldn’t be taken too seriously since it’s mostly a popularity contest than anything else. Indie games who get nominated have zero chance of winning against most estabilished games.

3 Likes

I imagine it’s the Google Analytics

3 Likes

I have nothing against Elden Ring being a GOTY.

Elden Ring , you personally like the game or not , is still a full singleplayer experience without any mtx , 100+ hours of content and just a plain good ol’ VIDEO GAME game. Not a money printing machine.

For me personally it is overall best game i’ve played in 2022.

Other awards are full cringe, i agree.

My ‘favorite’ is that spider man spin off as ‘outstanding visual style’ . It looks as generic as a game can look imho.

5 Likes

So who wants a Spider Choi Choo?

No affiliation, it just tickles me. It is amazing how the game just blew up in popularity

Charles Plush | Makeship?

3 Likes

5 Likes

Another song ruined… LOL

4 Likes

So tired. Was up to 5 am stressing about going shopping today. No it was that I was rewatching a BL series. Maybe I intentionally didn’t quit at ep 7 knowing well there were 5 more 1 hr eps to go. Possibility.

Wanna just as guilty as me. Don’t lie! #relatable #insomnialikesme

4 Likes

From time to time i happen to stumble onto people’s profiles on steam who have more "Recent Activity

hours past 2 weeks" than there are actual hours in two weeks.

I wonder how the heck Steam is even counting that statistic.

3 Likes

that’s just cuz of idle manager to get all their card drops. You can have 20 or so games running at once, and those all count towards time played

5 Likes