The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Have any of you played hidden deep recently? I played a demo for it a long time ago and was wondering if it’s worth a buy. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Added to my WL :exploding_head:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I just learned that the little line on the right side of the website has two hidden buttons to scroll to the first or latest post. I didn’t need to use the little green scroll bar. :melting_face:

2 Likes

TIL I learned the blue bar was actually a usable scrollbar and not just an indicator.
Also, if you have a keyboard: Home and End take you to the first and last posts respectively, even if they’re not loaded at the moment.

4 Likes

It seems like more and more publishers are trying to push this ‘new’ 70$ retail price . First it was EA , now other fucknuggets are trying their luck.

3 Likes

it shows $60 for me though so perhaps that’s in certain regions only?

$70 for AAA releases is going to be the norm pretty soon though I reckon

4 Likes

69,99€ over here so it is possibly region related.

Well they are sure trying to make it a norm.

Though arguments for doing so fall pretty flat really fast.

3 Likes

Well, the main argument should and would be inflation, no? And I think there’s hardly anything to say against that honestly.

2 Likes

Also ‘Video games are very expensive to make’ both of which are indeed valid arguments on their own though if we simply keep in mind how much video game insdustry grew in a last decade or so , plus that it easily surpasses music and movie industry combined plus plus that post launch monezitation ( even if we only take ‘acceptable’ ones like dlc into the account ) became industry standard , i’m pretty sure neither EA nor Ubisoft are starving per say…

Only price increase i could possibly stand behind is for cheaper indie titles which have less ways to milk you after a purchase.

4 Likes

The norm they want: 70$ with in-game cosmetic store, pre-order bonus, day one dlc, lootboxes and paid battle pass. That’s all in the interest of the user, guys!

Support your local indie devs :heart:

3 Likes

That dude is choking his monkey hard.

2 Likes

@M00 My good sir, in context to when and where said actions are taking place in this particular case, chokin’ is acceptable, unless it’s chicken. Now, if Johnny was spankin’ that monkey, there would be a cause for concern.

2 Likes

What should I cook today. hmn…
How about a nice big pot of spines?

So this year I’ve been eating a lot of chicken and each time I bought a whole one I’d spatchcock it, cutting out the spine and wingtips to put into a ziplock bag in the freezer for later.

Today is later and I decided to try to cook some chicken broth out of it. There just something so wonderfully macabre of having a pot full of spines bobbing and undulating around as the low boil circulates the water. Will be putting some herbs, carrots and onions into the pot a little later, but this will get to keep going at lowest heat for ~24h now.

5 Likes

I am in the middle of that blizzard and I can’t see out my windows and the electric keeps flickering so I don’t know how long I will be on…

So Merry Christmas and be patient with people…

5 Likes

Nice, a proper white Christmas!
Haven’t had one of those for years here.

Hope you’ll pull though the weekend alright though and you’ll manage to have a good time despite the weather.

5 Likes

@delenn13 It supposed to be a white Xmas, not a white out Xmas. >< Canada being bad behaved.

2 Likes

Not doing well. Everything that goes wrong is my faiult it seems. Good to know when someone hates you. I guess

4 Likes

Same here, and it sucks especially coming from someone who was supposed to take care of you.
But yeah, life can be really unfair sometimes. However don’t lose hope, someday you’ll find someone who respects and cares about you for who you are.

3 Likes

I am back. We lost power as of friday afternoon and the apt got down to 6C. We are supposed to get 30 more cm of snow tonight. 25 people have died in buffalo, NY and we are really close to that so if you read anything about Buffalo…it affects us too.

My internet is spotty and i have things to do as my house is a wreck(as we were trying to just be warm) and we still haven’t even had Christmas dinner.

Here’s a video of both buffalo and Fort Erie…It’s pretty harsh…

3 Likes