The OT Thread!! Post Here When You Feel The Need!

Place your bets, ladies and gents. How long more will this studio last? Both the studio’s best leads and the name used as a whole?

3 Likes

I’ll give them one more decent game, then 3 pieces of shovelware before they’re shut down for good.

4 Likes

@carvalho20ptc Grateful for her better health news! :sparkles:

4 Likes

I wonder how much are they goin’ to charge for 5th gear…

5 Likes

I wonder what happened to @Sortskjegg and their Humble leftovers. Did they run out of keys ? :thinking:

6 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: RIP @carvalho20ptc’s Mom

I would guess …Maybe they paused. :thinking:

5 Likes

I never know where to post things here. So if this is in the wrong place someone can report me to @delenn13 who I’d like to ask if we can have a Halloween thread that isn’t limited just to October? Horror is my main genre all year long. Somewhere to post things like this:

This is for the @Sloth lovers

And this which has an interesting sloth fact on the cover - is this why you love sloths so much?

Both my birds fart but it is odorless but certainly not silent.

Now to see if I can afford the 2022 calendar - I hate it when I have my facts wrong.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

6 Likes

@delenn13

I hope you’ve been saving your pennies, nickels, and dimes because here is some news you can certainly use:

Personally, I want a Centipede machine. I can’t remember a single pinball game I played back then, but I remember Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Space Invaders, and Centipede.

I was not so impressed with the first 3 but loved and could kick anyone’s arse in Centipede.

Does anyone else have any fond memories of shoveling quarters into these machines in their University, College, or local arcades? What were your favorites and which ones did you barely tolerate?

For those not in the US were arcade games a hot item where you live? I’m genuinely curious.

Thanks for your time.

Ila

5 Likes

I didn’t play a lot of arcade game machines, but as a musician, on the breaks between sets I would play pool (billiards) and foosball. :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Hi Mark,

Hope you’re having a stellar day.

I’m wasn’t familiar with foosball until I moved to Maine, we had air hockey instead (in the South) and I was pretty good at pool but no one ever had to worry about losing their championship.

I did see some pretty good fights both on and off-campus at the pool tables. Those good ol’ boys took their pool seriously. Especially when they were playing for drinks.

I’m not meaning to insult anyone it is just life as I experienced it while I was at University in KY.

4 Likes

Yes! :hugs:

4 Likes

@markwr

We have moved on from plain ol Wed. to Windsday here according to an alert just released by

Damaging wind gusts are the primary concern with any thunderstorms through the evening, including wind gusts up to 70 mph. That being said, isolated large hail and a brief tornado cannot be ruled out either. The threat should be highest in the late afternoon and early evening, before weakening around sunset.

I’m always upset that they never mention Casper the friendly ghost:

In the meantime, I’ll be in the basement avoiding any high gusty winds. Egads.

3 Likes

I’d love to know which Horror Authors you read.

My favorite at the moment is this guy

https://www.demontheory.net/chainsaw/

on Twitter as @SGJ72

who just released My Heart is a Chainsaw which I can’t recommend highly enough.

I also recommend Brian Keene who is from PA. I have way to many to list but if you follow either one of those guys on Twitter and see who they interact with you’ll find all the horror you’ll ever need.

Brian Keene is @BrianKeene

If you care to follow me on twitter I am @Purple_Duckies I post a lot of books that I’ve read, want to read or are coming up for pre-order from authors I love.

I don’t get paid for posting anything so what I post is what I love not for the money.

Ila

3 Likes

I have fond memories of coming out of school and the first thing I’d do was to go to a bar near it and spend some time in the many arcades around it. My favorite was, of course, the games done by Capcom and SNK, like The King of Fighters and Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
None of my parents were against it, and my mom kept waiting until I was finished.

I remember beating a few games there like Virtual Cop 2, KoF 97 and 2000 and how bad I was at fighting games, heh. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hehe, I assume you tagged me because we both love puns. I’ll return the favor with a joke:

Knock Knock
Who’s there?
Windy
Windy who?
Windy joke is done, you should laugh :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Like most short story anthologies or Dean Koontz whom I haven’t read in a while. Hm.

Would love to follow ye on Twitter. I barely use it lately though.

These days it"s mostly Let’s Players like CoryxKenshin or Vlad or 8-bit Ryan for the spooks. Used to listen to Killer Orange Cat and Lazy Masquerade, also on YouTube. Just stopped I guess because likely writing at the time and didn’t want too many external story lines in me noggin.

5 Likes

Just in case you don’t already know, the 1994 Game Boy port of Donkey Kong is the definitive version. You might be more impressed with that one.

4 Likes

Loved it Mark. Thank You. Perfect start to my Thursday - or Thirsty morning.

3 Likes

Thank You.

I own every rendition of Nintendo’s portable game players and all of the Donkey Kong versions. I agree with you on that version.

With the exception of Zelda my all time favorite game on the Nintendo system was the original Metroid. I’m very excited to see what they do with the newer version.

Nintendo finally figured out a way to make October better and my hat’s off to them for doing so.

3 Likes