The Battle Royale between Battle Royale gaming studios

This game looks good so far i was so wrong.

5 Likes

i mean, i think u were right about this game completely killing CODā€™s BR though (mainly cuz they went f2p, lol)

havenā€™t seen much but from what iā€™ve seen so far this makes me no longer hope to one day play CODā€™s BR at all

4 Likes

I really like hero style gameplay. That portal ability Lirik used to get his team out of danger was pretty sick.

6 Likes

Instead of creating original games to challenge each other, theyā€™d rather rip off a really terrible, over used genre for $$$ā€“not even really trying on the game either. It is beyond embarrassing.

3 Likes

Anyone knows if this is squad-games only or if there is solo too?

This game seems to have quite some innovation to it though, wouldnā€™t say this is a rip-off at all.

The shooting mechanics and movement speed do resemble those of the COD BR, which is a good thing, but then it adds a ton of other things on top rly.

4 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure its squad only from what i heard but i could be wrong. Only thing i donā€™t get is the whole titanfall thing seems more like blackout with overwatch heroes. am i missing something?

4 Likes

i donā€™t know rly, but then again itā€™s a BR so i rly donā€™t care about the ā€œloreā€ at all, rofl; to me the lore is that yr trying to be the last one standing

dude wtf, just switched to Shroud for a sec and watched him win, and then he casually says thatā€™s the 6th in a row, rofl

3 Likes

True but they could of just made the game without even saying ā€œHey guys its set in the titanfall universe.ā€

4 Likes

makes sense to use yr brand to attract more players though

3 Likes

I guess iā€™m strange because what made me attracted to titanfall was the titans. :disappointed:

4 Likes

I didnā€™t play them, lol, just a bit of the story of the second one

3 Likes

I guess thats why i donā€™t make those million dollar deals. :grinning:

3 Likes

you just lost, dude, winner winner chicken dinner i win

3 Likes

Donā€™t make me go ninja on you and report you for killing me.

3 Likes

I have zero interest in any ā€œbattle royaleā€ game or game mode. Ever.

4 Likes

thatā€™s fine too; what do u like though?

2 Likes

off to a great start; Artifact it is not

(even @Gnuffi canā€™t stop playing it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

6 Likes

I heard Realm Royale is shit and nobody plays it. Just like their attempt at a hero shooter (it was called Paladins, right?). They should just stick to Smite and put more work into that.

4 Likes

The Culling and Radical Heights looked fun, but those are long dead, and I certainly donā€™t wanna enter kindergarten playgrounds like Fortnite, BFV, CSGO BR and Black Ops 4ā€¦

First off, two games I tried and that were actually fun to play:

Ring of Elysium. You might have seen the ads on YouTube, Battle Royale in the eye of a blizzard, with different equipment to traverse the ski resort map, such as a hang glider or a snowboard. It was basically PUBG meets Steep, pretty darn cool.
They started a new season recently and now itā€™s set in a beach resort in the summer, and I have yet to try it. I hope itā€™s still as fun as it was in the snow. Instead of the snow gear you now have a BMX or a Grappling Hook, the glider stayed, so you still got some nice tools at your disposal.

Speaking of snow, ever heard of Darwin Project?
10 inmates in a hexagonal arena made out of 7 hexagonal districts which close down one by one (either randomly by passage of time or by a human moderator). Itā€™s cold, so players have to build fireplaces to warm up and cloaks for protection. On the offense you exclusively rely on an axe and a bow, both of which can be upgraded in various ways, and also you can build different types of traps. Itā€™s really fun to play, especially with a group of friends where one plays as the moderator (who can spawn loot drops, close down zones and trigger certain ingame events).
Itā€™s very different from other Battle Royales and definitely refreshing to try out (and not just because of the cold).

There once was a game called Tiger Knight, which was free to play but had a Battle Royale DLC. I bought it, just to realize nobody played the game at all, which is a damn shame. It brought Mount & Blade like combat to the Three Kingdoms era (early medieval China), which was great and a welcome change of pace compared to all the Battle Royale shooters with zero originality.

Then I remember Cuisine Royale to be pretty fun, from the guys over at Gaijin (War Thunder, Crossout), but I heard it turned to shite, which is sad, because the WW2 weapons and the silly power-ups and armor made out of pots and pans were all sure fun to play with.

Also thereā€™s a game called Last Man Standing, apparently the Battle Royale mode for something called Shattered Skies? idk. I had to google search it to find the Steam page, because it doesnā€™t show up when you use Steam search to find it. So itā€™s safe to assume that game is dead, boi.

5 Likes

I just looked it up for my lengthy comment, and it is on Steam now and itā€™s still F2P. Iā€™ve got high hopes for this, and hope it stays successful, it damn well deserves it. :ok_hand:

4 Likes