Steam Summer Sale (Anticipation and Good Deals)

Like @delenn13 said, they will eventually end up in bundles, so going to play the wait game for now… though with a price hike now and probably another after leaving EA, this game could end up being 30 by itself…

2 Likes

yea, i was halfway interested in “We Happy Few”, not to the point of wanting to pay 30bucks for it(the ea price) remotely, -so when they thought they’d go “aaa” with gearbox, and go full retail, i just wrote it off completely for the next… 10years or so until it gets a discount i cba with :man_shrugging:

on the other hand, Factorio also had a recent 5$uptick, combined with their 0discount/bundle policy that might then have been a bigger chunk to swallow for some. But i’m still looking at it like it coouuld maybe become one of those spur of the moment things :thinking:, where i just go fck it and pay full/asking price when if i want to play/“manage” that game immediately
-so many games already, and so many “new” to choose from too, not like i’d be missing out of the ability to play if i “waited” for either, discount or not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smile:

4 Likes

This is a good time to get your cards from the discovery queues and the Saliens game, now that the site is not overwhelmed and annoyingly slow… Just another friendly reminder (these reminders haven’t come timely, nor daily, pardon for the negligence…)

2 Likes

Rly upset Wreckfest not only increased their price upon releasing (just b4 the sales) but also decided not to give any discount whatsoever during the sale…

2 Likes

Hollow Knight @harith right now:

Harith @Hollow Knight:

well how bow dah, now i finally understand Ninja’s joke with the llama all the time:

3 Likes

What Gnuffi said. For early access you always got to check this bit in the dropdown Q&A on the store page:

Some games will keep the original price and will be written there. You might get a better offer during EA than after release, because they tend to go on without big discounts for a while. It’s the gamble!

6 Likes

y i know cuz i did check that all the way back then but precisely cuz they said during OR after and I noticed when that first increase came so i thought that would be it rly

3 Likes

Yeah, but it was said based on the amount of content and they have added a lot of stuff since. The last update should include the final boss and areas. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

so what you’re saying is, i’m getting the game for cheap, +“finally”/when i get around to it, it will also happen to be complete now/“next week” ? :thinking: :grin:
*gnuffi; playing the waiting game since 0001 :money_mouth_face: :rofl:

8 Likes

You are swaying my trigger finger! Your reasoning, Gnuffi, is impeccable.

5 Likes

Stuff I got so far,

Games
RUINER ( wanted this game since before launch)

DmC: Devil May Cry - Complete pack (Watched most of TB’s review (WTF Is… ) of it and from what i saw and what he said about it looks like a game i might enjoy.)

The Division (Haven’t got it yet but I might be picking it up before Summer sale ends.)

DLC
American Truck Simulator - New Mexico

American Truck Simulator - Steering Creations Pack

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Special Transport

5 Likes

I’ve got that game at launch and it was a messy grind. By playing JC3, you get the impression that was meant to be something different, maybe an MMO-lite kind of thing, but Avalanche had to scale it back due to technical issues and pressure from the publisher. That’s what I recall reading about JC3.
Avalanche also didn’t planned any patches for months, so I ended up asking my money back.

No bueno, imo.

@Gnuffi if you’re going for The evil within, get the full package to unlock the “complete-story-cliffhanger-free edition”.

@YQMaoski just like Never alone, Season after fall is a good looker but a bad platformer.

If some of you are into FTL-like games, and why you shouldn’t, here’s a good one:

This game appears to be cheerful and colourful, but don’t get fooled, it’s quite tough.

3 Likes

i’m assuming you mean evil within+season pass? (and not something crazy like the “full full package” where i’d have to get evil with +evil within 2 etc?)

4 Likes

That’s right, within the DLCs you can find the true ending and some answers. I’ve liked that game quite a bit, if you’re a completionist get your butt prepared for the akumu difficulty :pray:

2 Likes

Now i bought Ori too:

I rly feel i need to go back to Hollow Knight (and I’m pretty sure i will), but this is a much shorter game, so i might play this first i think

6 Likes

That looks really good too. You really, really, really need to start playing some games through though. I can’t even concentrate on playing more than a single game at the same time so just settle down and focus on finishing something!

4 Likes

it’s so hard, so much to do, so little time

since i started playing Hollow Knight, i started playing (from what i remember, might be more) Path of Exile (deleted that btw, though had a good 5h in it, lol), TABS (just a fad), 12 is better than 6 (not my thing), Redout (2-3 days), Project Cars (now and then; i love it; once bought Assetto Corsa just to refund the next day cuz so user-unfriendly), Doom (not sure whether I’ll continue playing now or later, or maybe sporadically is the way to go here), Dirt Rally (just once wanted to play again, so weird how i used to be quite good [with time] but pick it up a year later and u suck big time), Quake Champions (it’s rly good and u get lots of cosmetic shit (even legendary) all the time, quite generous system), Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit (took 2h to do everything, was mostly boring), Dead Cells (rly good too), and now Ori (though i haven’t actually started)

5 Likes

Pick one. Play it. Finish it.

Then I’m expecting a 1000 word review. :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah I’d certainly say Ori is shorter than Hollow Knight, but only due to the incredible amount of stuff to do in HK not because Ori is a short quick and done game. I’d recommend sticking with a title and finishing it, but that’s just my way of playing things.

I’d also like to add that I think Ori is probably a game you really should play without any major breaks in it. The game is very movement based and what you develop the most is your skill. I could see how someone taking a break halfway into Ori and returning might find the remaining game quite hard with their muscle memories overwritten by another game.

6 Likes

This is what I try to do every sale. I set my mind on older games I want that weren’t in bundles Or I missed in sale etc. The newer games I try to ignore because they are too pricey for me and my survey monies. I got this last night(Thanks to @coralinecastell buying Ankh) I clicked on Ankh and it showed a bundle…checked it out…Got it!

I think one sale I only bought Portal 2 because, some how…I don’t know how…I hadn’t bought it yet.

You have to set a mindset…and stick to it…

3 Likes