Steam Summer Sale (Anticipation and Good Deals)

man, the Ferraris and Lamborghinis were just around the corner from where you were

4 Likes

Crap, completely forgot to drop the warning. WB Games is atrocious, and they love Denuvo. Good olā€™ Laptop loved to bash people over the fact that there was no store page warning, telling everyone ā€œhey, you have to agree to an EULA, so they donā€™t need to warn you!ā€ I read that EULA. No mention of Denuvo.

Download Ubuntu, make a tiny partition, and play it there. Save for a really weird glitch in the opening cutscene, the Linux port is serviceable from my experience.

5 Likes

apparently itā€™s Denuvo free on Origin of all places?? :thinking: :man_shrugging: (according to those Denuvo Games group guys on steam)

5 Likes

I am now eyeballing that Valve compete bundleā€¦ Curses!

@Nateninja21, I am looking at Just Cause as well, but maybe 1&2, based on what people are saying hereā€¦

2 Likes

I think I know where there coming from, but I think the main reason people should buy just cause 3, is because the wing suit, and the unique attach and pull with the grappling pull. That neither Just Cause 1,2 have.

2 Likes

I went ahead and got the complete Valve bundleā€¦ I am disappointed that I paid more than I should have, because I bought a few components individually, then I decided to go in and buy the full bundle, I had the portal 1 and 2 games. The rest cost me a collective 16 dollars. And if I had not done the individual purchases, it would have been 15 for the whole bundle. Instead I spent about 19 dollars, but thatā€™s okay I guess, I can live with it.

I bought also:

They Bleed Pixels
RIVE
Cryptark
Apotheon
Seasons After Fall
Capsized
Teslagrad
Chronology
Back to Bed
Pavilion
The Bridge
DarkMaus
Rogue Legacy
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Super Meat Boy

Everything altogether has cost me the price of a AAA title full price ($60 USD), so I canā€™t really complainā€¦

I think I might have to have a hard cutoff for myself at around $100ā€¦ I am already over my budgetā€¦ And I am keeping my fingers crossed that the next Humble Monthly doesnā€™t unlock duplicates of what I am buying nowā€¦

6 Likes

(still not pulled the trigger on anything)
-iā€™ve updated my potential considerations to include a few more, (for various/different reasons, not all pertaining to high(est) discount on these), the new additions to my ā€œthinking about itā€-list are:

+ Keen Dreams: 1.24ā‚¬
+ ?Downfall 2,74
+ Into the Stars: 3,99
+ ?Legend of Dungeon? 3,49ā‚¬ 65% off (2x old cheapest price)
+ ?Medal of Honour Airbourne? 2,49ā‚¬ ?
+ ?DeathSpank? 2,49ā‚¬
+ ?Child of Light? 5,09ā‚¬
+ ?The Evil Within? 4,99ā‚¬ +Season pass 5,99ā‚¬ ?? Total 10,98ā‚¬
+ ?Aliens Colonial Marine? 2,99ā‚¬ 90% off?
+ ?Oceanhorn monster of uncharted seas? 5,99ā‚¬
+ ?Mars War Logs? 3,74ā‚¬
---
+ ?Rogue Legacy? 2,99ā‚¬
+ ?Prince of Persia Warrior within? 3,39ā‚¬
+ ?Rise of the Tomb Raider Season pass? 8,39ā‚¬
+ ??Darkest Dungeon (reg? no Ancestral? discount/humble version "upated"?)? 6,89ā‚¬reg - 21,80ā‚¬-Ancestral on Steam

if any of you have any thoughts on or opinions about these games; feel free to share them with me :+1:
(iā€™m well aware of ā€œaliens colonial marinesā€, itā€™s just ā€œ90% off!ā€-discount pull) :blush: :smile:

4 Likes

I have Donā€™t Starve Together. Should I buy Donā€™t Starve single player with DLCā€™s?

2 Likes

Take a good look at what this contains first, most of it is just shitty cosmetic items. I think thereā€™s 2 maybe 3 pieces of actual content on offer and theyā€™d likely be cheaper to buy alone.

5 Likes

itā€™s not, there are 3-4 content packs, depending on whether you consider endurance mode part of that (think itā€™s needed for achievements tho too unsure), at 2,99 each, so that comes out to 8,97/11, 96 just for those :wink:
(damn squeenix is good at calculation that stuff)

my only ā€œrealā€ concern is the actual value of the content+ā€œprice/discount over timeā€, since usually the tomb raider content dlc are rather lackluster vs price, (opinions vary on these) and ā€œdiscountā€, since sqeenix has been holding fairly steady on these ā€œlowā€ discounts on RoTR, with 70% being the highest it seems to get, usually 67%ā€¦
so itā€™s more of "oh dear is this bs gonna roll down in discount and get even ā€œmore expensiveā€ (if i donā€™t just accept the 70%)
-and humble couldnā€™t even confirm whether or not their season pass got updated to include the 20yo anniversary content that steamā€™s do, (tho even with humble monthly discount their 67% still only matches this)ā€¦ so itā€™s mostly a case of nagging thought in the back of my mind ā€œya snooze ya loseā€-on this :confused:
(hence why itā€™s so far down on the list, since itā€™s not one of the more ā€œimmediateā€ considerations)

4 Likes

Gnuffi, that list looks pretty goodā€¦ I had Child of Light in and out of my cart a couple of times already too, just couldnā€™t pull the trigger for myself.

3 Likes

Well, folks looks like the algorithm boys are at it again, lets see how they justify this one:

Glad someone else has a silly ā€˜steam recommendationā€™ story too.

6 Likes

You funny. I laughed out loud hahaha

Ugh, ok, I donā€™t want to be that girl, but I absolutely hated the living hell out of this game. Then again, for starters, I donā€™t like platformers. But listen, when you get to the last puzzle, PLEASE USE A GUIDE/WALKTHROUGH, I promise you, itā€™s infuriating, itā€™s impossible, itā€™s on heavy drugs. ITā€™S NOT WORTH IT.

shakes violently

This be awesome, though, enjoy!

4 Likes

What idler do you use for phones!

4 Likes

i believe @YQMaoskiā€™ski is talking about idle daddy? :thinking:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.steevsapps.idledaddy ? :man_shrugging:
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:
:smile:

5 Likes

Just bought this 24 hour only bundle:

$1.27 USD for all of the OIK titlesā€¦ :sweat_smile:

Also just bought the Capslock bundle:

I already had Epistory, not sure what the bundle would cost as a complete thingā€¦

I wasnā€™t ignoring you intentionally, I assumed you had seen Gnuffi point you in the right direction alreadyā€¦ Sorry for the slow responseā€¦

Uh-oh? What did I get myself intoā€¦ I had been eyeballing this game for a while for its aestheticsā€¦ good artwork, be it pixel/blocky/realistic, as long as itā€™s good, I will just be drawn in without second thoughtā€¦

1 Like

12 Likes

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

No ideaā€¦ :rofl:

:man_shrugging::man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Me too. This game is one of the only exceptions.

Good luck. :upside_down_face:

I saw. In my activity feed. I refuse to give you a coin for your post because of this.

walks away

8 Likes

:persevere::fearful::sob:

I didnā€™t want to get on your :poop:listā€¦

I bought the OIK games because I played Zup, the first one, thought these looked similarā€¦ I actually had quite a bit of fun with Zup, albeit short, so I thought this is a good way to spend a little over a dollarā€¦ Sorry if I did something to displease youā€¦

4 Likes