Steam Summer Sale (Anticipation and Good Deals)

that bundle’s been very tempting for me… just haven’t pulled the trigger yet…

5 Likes

That bundle is pretty funny, I own everything but Dead Cells in it so the price of each other title is removed, still get a bundle discount, so Dead Cells for 9.59e. Which it might very well be worth, especially if they’re hiking the price later.

4 Likes

I know some of you don’t like RPS, But I do. (Give me some other sites to add to my feeds.) They have some good suggestions, But the one that surprised me the most was the LAST ONE!!! Immortal Defense is one of my favorite TD’s. Even if you don’t like TDs, this one is different. I don’t want to spoil it for you. Yes, It’s over 10 yrs old…but…GET IT!!! You won’t regret it. It’s a steal right now!

2 Likes
  1. I usually go into the sales with a wishlist in mind. Anything that hasn’t been on my wishlist for at LEAST 2 months is disqualified from me purchasing it so I don’t make gut reactions. This usually keeps me at a pretty low spending rate. (I used a tool to see how much I’ve spent on my Steam library and it came out to 60 dollars a year with me having my account for the past 7 years,)

2. I do research on past sales at http://isthereanydeal.com/ so I know the price I should buy a game at since sometimes a game “goes on sale” but is higher than it was last sale. Keeping this in mind if it goes to the lowest or even lower I pick it up instantly. I’m personally looking at for Firewatch, SteamWorld Heist DLC, and Hollow Knight (which I have gotten on Steam this sale as of now for 4.99, 2.49, and 9.89 for very good deals.)

3. Hollow Knight. I personally hate 2D platformers but have never played a metrovania before so this should be interesting.

4. I have store credit on Steam due to family members getting me gift cards for my birthday a little while ago and from selling Steam cards so I tend to purchase directly from Steam unless I’m buying a Humble Bundle.

4 Likes

Please let us know of your opinions regarding this game from someone who is so averse to 2D platformers, I am very curious about whether this will turn your mind around.

This reminds me to perhaps spend a little less… My account is only 7 months old… … I have spent almost 250 on Steam, 200 on Fanatical, 200 on Humble… True numbers are scary… and I have purchased from a few other places too, though not as much. I have only spent about $30 here on Chrono, probably similar amounts at IndieGala. I still get tricked into a bundle here and there on Groupees, etc…

My hobby is getting too expensive… So I will hold off on that bundle above… (I hope I can anyway, I never know what kind of trouble I am going to get myself into.)

5 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m seconding @YQMaoski here. Please do let us know how you get along with this one. Preferably a running commentary over in https://206.81.1.216/t/recently-played-games/4634 . Very curious to hear about this.

5 Likes

I was looking at that too. Too rich for my blood and I KNOW they will eventually end up in bundles…I noticed in my Discovery Queue That they are showing a bunch of OLDER games I had forgotten all about. Most of them were in bundles but, at the time< I couldn’t spend. So now they are being followed by me…so I will see the sales.

Sometimes…you just need to wait…:hushed:

4 Likes

This surprises me as this game has already increased in price during its EA once before. I guess this means I’ll buy it now during the sales then cuz that means that it’s actually more than 50% off right now if u count the increase…

4 Likes

The game is easy 30$/euro material if you ask me … 200+ hours and going.

3 Likes

it’s not completely uncommon for ea games to go through a couple of price stages during various development/content cycles while in ea and/or then (again) when nearing “release”

that being said, it was already on my “probably, summer’s list” :thinking:, with this announcement+the fact the Fanatical 10% voucher is applicable for Dead Cells, there :grin:
-i could find little to no reason to not pick it up now; for what i’m sure is an absolute steal at 11$ :blush:

:+1: :hugs:

5 Likes

The steam bundle is still cheaper. if you already have the other games and if you don’t then you probably want those games anyway. They’re good games.

4 Likes

y this game has been on my wishlist forever and i kept waiting and hoping we’d get a better deal, and i guess this will be the best one for a while (on steam that is), so y, i just bought it, lol

2 Likes

i don’t doubt that, but since i’m not overly eager to acquire them now, even if i’m sure they are worth the current asking price, i’m saving 14€ by only getting Dead Cells :wink: -will have to wait and see when i’d be keen enough for sundered to a "spur of the moment"purchase that disregards my “cheapskate’ness” :smile:

4 Likes

y same here, i probably want to buy salt and sanctuary somewhere down the line (Sundered i guess not too much) but I should be able to get it at 50% or more off again i imagine

2 Likes

Like @delenn13 said, they will eventually end up in bundles, so going to play the wait game for now… though with a price hike now and probably another after leaving EA, this game could end up being 30 by itself…

2 Likes

yea, i was halfway interested in “We Happy Few”, not to the point of wanting to pay 30bucks for it(the ea price) remotely, -so when they thought they’d go “aaa” with gearbox, and go full retail, i just wrote it off completely for the next… 10years or so until it gets a discount i cba with :man_shrugging:

on the other hand, Factorio also had a recent 5$uptick, combined with their 0discount/bundle policy that might then have been a bigger chunk to swallow for some. But i’m still looking at it like it coouuld maybe become one of those spur of the moment things :thinking:, where i just go fck it and pay full/asking price when if i want to play/“manage” that game immediately
-so many games already, and so many “new” to choose from too, not like i’d be missing out of the ability to play if i “waited” for either, discount or not :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :smile:

4 Likes

This is a good time to get your cards from the discovery queues and the Saliens game, now that the site is not overwhelmed and annoyingly slow… Just another friendly reminder (these reminders haven’t come timely, nor daily, pardon for the negligence…)

2 Likes

Rly upset Wreckfest not only increased their price upon releasing (just b4 the sales) but also decided not to give any discount whatsoever during the sale…

2 Likes

Hollow Knight @harith right now:

Harith @Hollow Knight:

well how bow dah, now i finally understand Ninja’s joke with the llama all the time:

3 Likes

What Gnuffi said. For early access you always got to check this bit in the dropdown Q&A on the store page:

Some games will keep the original price and will be written there. You might get a better offer during EA than after release, because they tend to go on without big discounts for a while. It’s the gamble!

6 Likes