Steam Summer Sale 2019 was a thing.

So top three teams at the end of each day, some lucky people on each team are given the number one item on their wishlist. And I think at the end there will be people from the winning team who get the top 3 items on their wishlist. I’m pretty sure it’s all randomly chosen

2 Likes

Correct. And the chances of “winning” are abysmally small. Not quite lottery small, but small nevertheless.

8 Likes

Guys do you use any tools to semi idle elligible games, or do you just launch ones and leave 'em running in the background? I have a lot of games whose chievos I’ve previously unlocked but no longer have access to unless I reinstall them.

1 Like

yeah I just use Idle master on PC but you can also use Idle Daddy if you would rather use a phone/tablet app.

2 Likes

Idle Master only works on games that has card drops and not on games without. I do know SAM Picker can be used like Idle Master somewhat, but it could be a bit risky. How long must you stay logged in on an elligible game anyway for it to register?

1 Like

You idle the game for 30 minutes for it to count. Here I did a little guide on how to idle any game with Idle Master

https://206.81.1.216/t/steam-spring-cleaning-2019/17010/15?u=tencore

Blah that isn’t showing up correctly but if you just click on that link it goes to the actual guide :slight_smile:

4 Likes

A bit overly complicated but I got the gist of it. So I guess I’ll just use SAMPIcker then. The way it’ll work is you fire up SAMPicker, select a game you want to idle and it’ll open another window with the selected game on there. Now seeing as we’re NOT going to use SAMPicker to fiddle with achievements, as I said using this tool in this way “might” be a bit risky, WE DO NOT SELECT ANY OPTION\S ON THE NEWLY OPENED WINDOW. We just leave that opened window for thirty minutes and we’re done! As such we can have a few games opened\idled at the same time this way similar to how Tencore suggested doing it with IdleMaster but without the need to copy\paste and fiddle with appids and such.

However, idling multiple games this way is utterly useless seeing as we only get 100 capacity points for free per day unless we fork out the moolah to get more, so yeah kinda pointless IMHO :frowning:

2 Likes

you can idle up to 32games in the steam api at one time i believe
set it to idle 12 or something(how many days left??) that you have achievements for, then in 30mins, you are set for the rest of the event, 0 hassle :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I idled a game today for a few hours. I’ve got 1132 points out of it, but it looks like I can now only spend 100 of those points a day so that ought to last me the sale through.

Oh and I just got 9k points from dead cells apparently.

Or not… apparently they let me now claim more points than last I checked, but claiming points from the 9k I got from dead cells removed them all and only gave me 2k to use to boost.

I don’t know how this ‘game’ works, it seems to do something different every time I load the damn page.

2 Likes

@all, steam added bonus points to all/“most” sorta as apology for the cockups etc, so you should see some more points available for you to claim, then spend now
and the speedometer has been changed a bit now, you can now always see what you have claimed, out of your total max

basically as long as the left and right side values of the / “match up”, then you have used all you can for the day. If not you got some more to claim then spend

that was always the case, it “consumes” all points for a given game you claim, while only applying the amount you can actually fill/have available
as long as you have/had enough games availble for 1 game per day to match you’ll be set for the event daily check-ins (provided each game ofc has enough achievements done to match your points needed)

4 Likes
4 Likes

yea they made a neat little blogpost

-still didn’t see the revised/“better explained drivers manual” tho :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

At this point I’m confident it’s confusing on purpose.

Cheers! Saw it a couple of hours ago and was happier than I like to admit. TURTLE EMOJI IS GO!!! :turtle:

EDIT:

From @TR3NT’s Kotaku article:

Yitz, developer of Nepenthe and To The Dark Tower, told Kotaku that being on Steam right now has become a net loss for some developers.

“Most indies (who are talking about it at least) are losing more money from Steam’s cut than they’re taking in from visibility,” he said in a Twitter DM. “I, and many other devs, are currently losing money from being hosted on Steam.”

I’m Team @yitzilitt on this year’s Summer Sale.

7 Likes

this has unfortunately been a sad truth for a while now
it’s part of why so many indie devs were happy to jump on a port for switch, because low library size meant greater chance of exposure making the cost of porting/going nintendo worth it
likewise i’ve seen several games get update announcements where they were sry for the state of the pc port, but it was just a money sink, so they’d focus their efforts on console port instead, and then work back to pc after that

and it’s really no surprise, not just with steam’s ultra ridiculous flooded library of 50zillion games, "allow all"mentality with 0 gate keeping whatsoever resulting in multiple dupe games etc. But also with a system that’s abusable to hell,
think the latest trend was to “re-release” your (unreleased) game over and over again, so you kept being bumped on the “upcoming” page… super neat trick to do when you’re already spamming the shelf with asset flips or ultra low effort games just meant for card recycling… -which doesn’t hurt fledgling devs/studios/titles releasing real games, at all…
i can’t imagine the hell it must be to get some remote discoverability on steam. We see actual games be desperate enough to slash their prices to rock bottom or get in cheap bundles within a matter of few months now because they are barely even making cents on the store…
i take my hat off to anyone able to endure that stress @_@

7 Likes

Yea, I know someone who had 100 achievements across 2 legit games (Insurgency and EUIV), redeemed and leveled up 13 levels from it. It was crazy.

2 Likes

@yitzilitt please don’t ask how but I managed to get you a brand new hat.

Please enjoy:

serveimage

5 Likes

I appreciate the hat—I shall wear it well. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Does anyone know if all of these sales will return for the Winter Sale? Some of the sales are for games I’ve never seen on sale before, at least so steep. Endless Space 2, Raft, and Dark Souls II/Remastered and 7 Days to Die. I really hope so, Endless Space 2 looks really good.

Meanwhile I’ve collected nearly 12k in those point things. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think they usually return to at least an extent.

3 Likes

Just quick question about the silly boost/points/capacity business. Is there a way to gain more capacity to use more points without making purchases outside of the whatever amount you are given (refreshes) daily?

1 Like