Steam Summer Sale 2018 - Salien Minigame

Actually both … I had time to try the client like 2 or 3 hours after the event started and managed to “customize the character” and after some refreshing and not loading black screens managed to play few games on it and after the first game got the card drops and than tried the browser and it was kinda working better… still slow compared to this morning and noon in EU when now everything seems kinda fine.

Discovery queues took me like hour + something to complete yesterday and even the first one was done and didn’t registered at all. Even I had the msg that I’ve done my tasks for the day and didn’t got a single card drop … Decided to start another and managed to go through it all and got the first card drop. This was before I bothered with the “game”

4 Likes

Found out the amount of games they are giving away.

On this page, click view giveaway details on the planet of your interest and it will show how many copies are being given for each game. Games will only be awarded when planet is fully conquered.

I’m in the Fine Arts Planet for Hollow Knight and it’s almost done.

9 Likes

yea i’m there too :blush:, -can never get too many copies of Hollow Knight :smirk:

:smile:

9 Likes

This game is just a pain to play even with macros. The constant restarts and the huge amount of xp required…
I’ll probably settle for level 9 (rank 3 badge) and even that will take a real long time.

2 Likes

Even just idling there I crashed 3 times…Stupid game!!!:rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Witness… the face of determination!

No grind is scary for this fine… I dunno wtf is that

5 Likes

Fight me

5 Likes

I haven’t been using anything to counter the damn grind volvo put behind this gaem…

Luckily i have a decent mouse, and we don’t have to spam kb 1, just hold it, but still… AAAAGH

1 Like

wait, you actually “clicking” ? :thinking: :open_mouth: for the love of mighty arthritis at least save yourself the carpal tunnel and use something like

toggle = 0
#MaxThreadsPerHotkey 2

ALT::
    Toggle := !Toggle
     While Toggle{
        Click
	Send 1
        sleep 10
    }   

at the very least, if you aren’t going full bot for the long haul :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Actually my mouse has something to do shenanigans with some hotkeys, i’ll probably bind one to quick fire lmb, it’s just stupid at this point…

If that don’t work, i’ll use that command there, it’s in the F12 console right?

And obvious thanks for the pointer

1 Like

i’m using that with ahk, no idea if the script works “elsewhere” given how i’m not all that smarty/techy and it’s just an old basic/standard clicker i snagged, i then modified with the send 1 command fitting this particular event

2 Likes

Gotcha. Thanks again

2 Likes

oh btw, that one there don’t have a “close” line, because i couldn’t bother to figure out to make it fit proper since regular exit just terminated it each time, meaning had to start it over on each new fight
so instead of wasting more time on it i figured it was just easier to kill it when i was done with an entire clicker “session”
(just in case you didn’t keep ahk running in the background and accidentally kept toggling it on during inopportune moments in case you decided to use it)

2 Likes

I got Geralt armor for my Salien! Hot Dog! Now I just need a fitting hat for him. haha

Does anyone know how to properly search the market place specifically for Salien equipment?

1 Like

search for “sale item”
-beware your wallet! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :scream: :smile:

(you can either type in sale item and search or go to the advanced search and under “game search/all games”, click the steam “game” and the click the sale item box

2 Likes

Thank you! I was able to buy Geralt’s hair for 3 cents and some Squad armor for 3 cents. xD

2 Likes

usually i’m up for a clicker game, since it doesnt require much time and it’s just fun clicking something instead of waiting
since there’s no real progression, like example after u got to certain lvl u got certain cosmetic instead of randoms, aside from battle skill i found it just not worth it to grind my way up since it takes too long
come on valve at least add partner,summon or whatever either way u’re encouraging click script since all skill are click based, i think afk click or whatsoever was always a thing in clicker games, but valve prove me wrong :joy:
and i hate the fact i can’t buy salien cosmetic easily, why no salien cosmetics section valve? i dont want to go through each game just to find cosmetic no no no :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Was really hoping for an XCOM set of Salien gear, but these’ll have to do…

5 Likes

Am I the only one playing totally nude?

12 Likes

you can, and there is.
Like i mentioned not but 2 posts above yours, go to the market and search for “sale item”
(you can either type in sale item and search or go to the advanced search and under “game search/all games”, click the steam “game” and the click the sale item box)

there is no or other easier method available to search for anything on the market, since that would require you to know specifically the item you wanted
-the problem with the Salien “sale item”, is there are so many of them,
so even if using this search mentioned, “specifies” it to only list the ongoing event Salien cosmetics, you still have 39pages of cosmetics to browse, because there is just so much of it

4 Likes