Steam Summer Sale 2018 - Salien Minigame

I can’t leave the planet anymore… is my ship is out of fuel? :weary:

3 Likes

planet probably conquered, just reload the game/keep restarting until it auto boots you meng :smile:

2 Likes

This happened to me. I cleared my cookies and cache. No help. I tried in IE. No good. But…then I opened a private browsing window, and had access to all the planets. So tried again in normal browsing and all was working again.

2 Likes

Double post with intent…How much experience has your Salien got @Gnuffi? You’ve got the level 3 badge which means you’ve got over 450,000 but I’m curious whether you’ve kept on grinding.

I hate this grind so much and all I want to hit is 9. Got to 8 an hour ago but now it requires 450k…

nope, only the 6x dailies task for the free badges for me from now on, can’t even be arsed to set up the bot and have it running the next 2 weeks, for a freakin badge upgrade, it’s just ridiculous :triumph:, and slightly pisses me off Valve is asking this bs of us

so far no one seem to have released an xp table(that i could find) for the higher lvls, but given that 8-9 was 4½ hours, and lvl 9-10 alone is 1.2mill(minus the already acquried 450k), following the previous curve of more than double, meaning it’s 10.5hours alone for that 1 lvl from 9-10, presuming nothing goes wrong…
so if lvl 11then follows that too and so on, for a freaking 20hour+, of perfect round botting, increasing in the same fashion onward, -i’ve got a choice set of center digits for Valve :fu: :fu:, wasting our time/system resources like that :roll_eyes:

3 Likes
2 Likes

lol i know just came from there, i’m still on r/saliens lol with nothing in search to show for it

-so that’s 17hours of perfect round botting, per lvl from lvl 10 and up :man_facepalming:

(i want so much for valve then to top this bs with a “rolling out bans for anyone used X scripting/etc during the event”, after it’s done -as the final cherry on the “screw you pie”)

1 Like

The game really makes me feel like I’m missing some 5x multiplier or something.

2 Likes

you’re not, people are speculating they will add “something” to the event later to make more sense of the xp rate, and or boss or something… but nothing real concrete,
might just be, in the end, a true middle finger from Valve, fully intent/demanding people bot the entire game out :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure they just didn’t think anything through. The game is unplayable without a script or a macro (unless you really hate your fingers and want em gone) and even then it’s days of grinding.

2 Likes

:+1:, yup /nod

lol, kotaku got mopey about the whole thing too :smile:
https://steamed.kotaku.com/players-are-cheating-the-steam-summer-sale-game-but-th-1827062509

2 Likes

Now the planets mostly have LOW tiles, making the grind to level up incredibly painful. lol

1 Like

yup that’s why each hour estimate is with “perfect” rounds, ie hard tiles only
since medium or low tiles effectively then doubles or quadruples the time

1 Like

@Gnuffi @xist It was Steam, I think, I closed the tab and came back later and it was fixed. The planet wasn’t conquered yet, I just couldn’t leave, attack nor turn the sound on or off. heh

2 Likes

:smile:

(i heard y2k was actually caused by “steam 0.1”) :joy:

4 Likes

hahah, steam upped the speed and dmg of the monsters on the harder tiles, making it even more difficult for anyone actually attempting to do this legit/without bot :joy:

2 Likes

Yup, after checking out the XP chart yesterday, decided to let my my AI minion do the dirty work for me eheh…

If you can’t beat 'em…

the only thing i do is choose a planet and that’s it, the timer runs and whether u actually do something or not legit doesn’t make any difference as to your chances of winning a game or not…

2 Likes

referring to the event badge/“upgrade” you get from “actively” playing the game and lvling up you Salien, not the giveaway itself :wink:
(and it appears to me that you have to play at least a minimum of 1 battle on each planet to get entered for the giveaway before the timer begins to be “counted” in, -atleast how i’m reading it+“bot” posts about "skipping"GA planets)

1 Like