Steam Reviews

Been taking it a bit slowly with the reviews lately, in particular, one review earlier today, and the one before that was December 9, while I was waiting for Cyberpunk 2077 to update.

Anyway, I haven’t spent much time in Cyberpunk yet, so that’s not the review for today. Nevertheless, the game I did review is such an excellent adventure puzzler in first person that I think everyone should keep an eye out for it:

On the other hand, here’s a game that looks good, and that’s about it, so just not good enough:

The above game is the one I tried and reviewed while waiting for the Cyberpunk download that one day… it was not a very good experience.

7 Likes

@YQMaoski If you can get your hands on Haven, would love to see what you think of it… unless you have it already. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Don’t have it, but definitely plan to at some point, might be a while before it comes to a biting price though. :blush:

4 Likes

Some rambly rambles from a sloth.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly/recommended/435150/

4 Likes

LOL! Nice. The review that’s a lot of words for just a thumbs up. Haha!

5 Likes

Yup, that’s the gist of it. After usual 3 or 4 hours session when i just lost track of time inside this game i thought i need to drop a positive word about it , even if it just a lot of words for thumbs up :smiley:

5 Likes

So, we post our various Steam reviews here?
Okay, sure.
Here’s mine for a kinda silly but fun Indie RPG made with RPG Maker 2000, called Helen’s Mysterious Castle.
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Amyrakunejo/recommended/418190?snr=1_5_9__402

5 Likes

Just dove in and played a good amount of this game today, it’s a roguelike deckbuilder that clearly tries to be a STS spinoff and I think it’s decently fun, but it’s not any better. It should have been released into Early Access, so that’s my biggest problem with it.

I had been following this game for years, and had to play it. It was half price on launch and it was during the winter sale, so I bought it and excitedly dove in, only to be fighting the controls the entire time I was playing. So I had to refund the game. I was saddened and disappointed. I thought maybe it would be fixed, but someone in the comments told me that it would probably never change, even more sadness. Anyway, my shortest review ever:

8 Likes

This is a game I was pretty excited to start, got a ways in, started to see some problems with the game, and now I am more than halfway through and enough to write a review, so I did… a weak recommendation:

6 Likes

I think ya may like this review, lolz
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Amyrakunejo/recommended/603780/

6 Likes

Carto is quite a fun puzzle game, it’s defining feature is its map manipulation mechanism which is used to solve your puzzles to progress the story. The artwork is really adorable, and the quality of the game is quite high.

8 Likes

Raji wasn’t quite what I was expecting, and it had its shortcomings, but it was still fairly fun. Now if only the price tag would be more befitting of the game itself. I finished the game and almost did a 100% everything in about 6 hours. So the $25 is way too high.

On the other hand, Tiny Lands is a cute and fun, calm and relaxing finding-the-differences game:

There is a free game that also came out after Tiny Lands called Hidden Lands, it’s not quite as good and has some more frustrating elements, but free is free:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1378060/Hidden_Lands__Spot_the_differences/

7 Likes

For people who may be Super Punch-Out!! fans from yesteryear, there’s a new Steam game that might be really great for you. Still a great game even if you have never played any Punch-Out games. The game is in Early Access but feels very polished in terms of mechanics. Just has more content that need to be added, and there are occasional small bugs that you may encounter.

6 Likes

this game look really fun,punch out is a great game and never beat the fucking game jajajajaj

little mac is back i think XD

3 Likes

Another review in and this is an Early Access game still, so that will put some people off. It’s a top-down action RPG (not a roguelite) where you are probably still going to end up dying a lot. But yay for saved dungeon progress and item progress. It plays smoothly and the game runs well. There’s no game-breaking bugs I encountered and it has some interesting/neat mechanics. Rather fun and better than a lot of games that I test out in their “full-release” states. Definitely worth checking out. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Few sentences about Unravel :wink:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly/recommended/1225560/

6 Likes

reminded me i needed to add it to my wishlist (along with Fe) now that they are “on” Steam :blush:

4 Likes

Small indie game in the TBS style with 30 levels that each functions like a pre-set puzzle. The game has its flaws, but is overall rather enjoyable. Made by a filmmaker, so the voice-acting was on point and the story glued the game together pretty well.

5 Likes

A couple of quick notes for people looking at this game:

1. It’s not really a Metroidvania, it’s linear and has a story.
  2. Don’t start comparing it to Dead Cells just because of how it looks or what you might expect from the combat, just take it for what it is, it’s quite fun.
6 Likes

:zipper_mouth_face: :persevere:

4 Likes