Steam Reviews

A couple of short reviews for games to avoid:

6 Likes

Metroidvania’s and action platformers are absolutely my go to genre. I’m also deeply in love with Dead Cells right now. I just purchased Foregone after reading your review because I like the art style and animations and it looks like a decent action platformer. I’ll let you know how I get along. :+1: :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

I am on a streak lately of playing some games I wouldn’t recommend, so here’s the next one that’s a mobile-to-PC port/remake. The game lives and dies by its puzzles, which are just way too easy. The first half of the game is free on Mobile, and you can access the rest for $3. Unsure where they decided the PC version should be $10. They made the movement first-person free movement instead of basically being on guided rails, this doesn’t add to the game at all. Plus there are a lot of bugs I encountered, and despite lots of people complaining in the forums, no update yet…

6 Likes

Sat down and wrote a review for Hell Let Loose , game which was dominating my play time for the past month and is most likely going to keep on doing that .

https://steamcommunity.com/id/DontBeSillyWrapYourWilly/recommended/686810/

7 Likes

It’s good and know that you are having a good time, despite it being in Early Access and having some rough edges. :slight_smile: Nice review! (Not my kind of game, but definitely seems promising to those who would enjoy it!)

4 Likes

Thank you for reading through it :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

I read it and sent you a rose. :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

3 Likes

Yey! Thank you <3

3 Likes

Pretty fun game overall, definitely worth checking out. If you have access to the Humble Trove, it’s in there for free. The game is a bit pricey for the content, but the content is pretty unique and rather enjoyable.

6 Likes

I guess for me, I got really into this game and have been having a lot of fun. I think it’s pretty much a game for everyone, though some people remind me that it could get a bit boring after a while. I already have almost 20 hours, so I would say it’s pretty good, because not too many games hold me for that long.

6 Likes

Thanks, @YQMaoski for the reviews. @yoshirules and you have shown me so many different types of Indie games. :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation: :heavy_heart_exclamation:

P.S. I told That Wrascally Wabbit about your reviews and he joined up yesterday. He liked your reviews. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Looks like a single player Carcassonne, I’ll have to try this one out some day.

3 Likes

Thank you @delenn13 ! :slight_smile: Always happy to see more people join the group or follow the curator. Definitely glad to see people reading and getting some informative content from my reviews!

@Fraggles , I never played Carcassonne, maybe I should look into it…

5 Likes

Hmmm…
Hueueueueue…
I reviewed a fairly new VX Ace asset pack.

6 Likes

Rolled through a couple of shorter games this weekend into today:

Machinika Museum is a game like The Room, it’s short and the story ends rather abruptly, which was rather jarring. I wish they didn’t end it on a cliffhanger with mentioning of the sequel as you finish up.

Genesis Noir is a really interesting and very odd exhibition of art and jazz music, with a few minor puzzles within to make it more or less of a game. It’s a good experience.

5 Likes

Curious game this is, some parts I found to be really interesting. I think I am going to wait and see if someone comes out with a guide on how to actually make it, because so far it’s a bit too tough for me, and it does get a bit too repetitive after a few runs. I would say it’s worth probably half of its asking price, the base price is set a bit high. I gave it a 6/10.

4 Likes

Mentioned yesterday by @blomvik in the Time to Hype New Releases thread, I had the great pleasure of experiencing it first-hand and to tell you about it. :slight_smile:

I did include a link in the review to about 1/2 hour of gameplay, but if you don’t want spoilers, don’t watch it.

6 Likes

A pretty good but quite frustrating at times puzzle game. I do wish that the set price is a bit lower, I am sure it would draw more players that way. The puzzles make use of gravity and so quite a different mechanic to try to think through.

5 Likes

Quite a fun mountain climbing adventure shaped into a survival roguelike:

This was from a couple of weeks ago, and is a rather good story-based game, but has some clunkiness flaws that take away from the enjoyment:

4 Likes

A decent indie runner that tells a vague story through its art and animations. Could use some improvements and a lower price probably.

As for Journey, I guess you practically had to have been not paying attention to games over the past decade to not know it or know of it. I just bought it a couple of days ago and played for the very first time. It was a great experience.

Now just keep this game on your ignore list, you don’t even have to read my review. It’s a minimal effort asset flip that costs more than either of the two games above, absolutely ridiculous.

4 Likes