Back to Today's Deal

Steam Reviews

I think you forgot to add this, but don’t worry, i got you:
fb4

I watched the “promo” video they have on steam… it was awful.

Yeah, it’s not worth your time.

ASTRONEER’s new EULA is a blatant violation of your rights.

Don’t buy it.

Here’s my negative review – where I address not only the EULA but bad optimization, bugs and overall lack of features for these 2 years I’ve owned the game:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/coralinecastell/recommended/361420/

Snippet of their EULA:

System Era also reserves the right to monitor use of this Software at any time, and you agree not to interfere with this monitoring or with any of the access control measures or technology discussed above, or to attempt to disable or circumvent such security features. (…)

THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. This Software may contain third party software that requires notices and/or additional terms and conditions (including, without limitation, analytics software and ad serving technologies as discussed below). Such required third party software notices and/or additional terms and conditions are located on System Era website at www.systemera.net, and such terms are made a part of and incorporated by reference into this Agreement. (…)

ANALYTICS TOOLS AND AD SERVING TECHNOLOGY. System Era may use third party analytics software to collect information and to enhance and improve your game playing experience. The information collected is further discussed in our Privacy Policy, and it may include, among other information, your device identifiers, settings, operating system, and gameplay behaviors (for example, the date and time spent playing the Software, game scores, metrics, statistics, game content usage, advertising conversion rates, monetization rates, purchase history, and other similar information). We may also use third party ad serving software that collects information as a result of this ad serving.

With all due respect, pardon my French and all that, fuck you System Era.

Deeply regretting backing them up in Jan 2017 now. So much for believing in Early Access, right? Lessons have been learned.

Thank you, now i’m glad that i didn’t buy the game when you told me to get it. :pig:

Now if you excuse me, i’m going to delete it from my wishlist!

You were one step ahead of me, there. Dodged a bullet. Thanks for not listening to my advice! :joy:

Wow what the hell?
I wouldn’t accept that even in a free game that was open about it’s ad supported nature. You can plain forget it in a purchased piece of software. You should request a refund for this game immediately, won’t work through the automated process but explain the issues you have with the turn they’ve chosen to take this and I’m pretty sure Steam will grant it manually.

What happens if you email them and cite GDPR regulations and that you’d like to opt out?

Here’s a light but intense arcade-style dodge-em-up fun:

review:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/YQMaoski/recommended/942060

Pretty short review for me.

Globesweeper is a game pointed out to me by @Pylinaer, and I am sure I am not the only one who spent countless hours with the traditional Minesweeper. It’s not perfect, but it works pretty well. The grid is now a completely wrap around puzzle, so the chances of getting stuck on the edges or corners and requiring guessing is less. If you are chasing after easy achievements and you want to get 100%, I would advise you to stay away, because the Colossal maps and their associated achievements are just too difficult (for me anyway because I can’t keep my concentration up for so long–not to mention the stupid mistakes from time to time).

Review link:
https://steamcommunity.com/id/YQMaoski/recommended/982220/

Glad you enjoyed playing it. :grinning: I might pick it up sometime myself.