Steam game count decreased recently? Find out why right HERE!!!

i can still create boosters for these removed games lol
but the games themselves appear to not be on my “Booster Pack Eligibility” page (neither does Temper Tantrum now, so they likely changed it since April this year)

Is this where we post our game counts for Steam? I’d like to see how I compare to the great, wise, and powerful @Gnuffi

PS. just crafted those un-crafted zonitron games badges, juuuuust in case steam suddenly decides to remove their cards from inventory too, 'cos foil hat pressing a bit hard now lol

doubtful
besides as i remember i’m just a small fry on Chrono forum, with so many of you people having a much larger library. Hint: “people”, in this small thread alone, own over one thousand games
(only reason mine was “flashed” was to prove a point that turned out to be wrong anyway)

You can still get the cards - just installed absconding zatwor and got the card drop in some minutes. It even showed up in badges progress like expected.

1 Like

so to confirm
prior to installing/playing, the badge wasn’t showing in badge page? (grey/empty with 0 card progress display)
and after “playing” you did still get card drops, and now badge appear in badge page with cards progress?

seems pretty neat then, makes me wonder if that means boosters are still available as random drops, despite not appearing on booster page, when they can still be created manually in creation section

1 Like

Correct @Gnuffi. I have never installed the game before, but it disappeared from the badges page after the removing fiasco 2 days ago, but when I got the first card drop it’s on the top now for active badges and shows 2 more card drops remaining (1 of 6 owned).

About the boosters we will see cuz I farmed all the GooCubelets crap :smiley:

1 Like

Boosters only get generated when someone makes a badge. There are a fixed amount of cards in circulation for each game (for instance number of activated game x max number of drops allowed for that game), so a booster is only generated when cards are effectively destroyed in the card creation process. That makes it more unlikely that we’ll see too many as people like you and I will end up with loads of 3 of 6 sets, and without access to the market it’s less likely we’ll see too many people forming complete sets.

since i’ve already put my foot in my mouth a couple of times in this post, what’s one more:

unless Steam have changed the booster pack system, i’m 99% sure people get a chance of any random booster pack they are eligible for, despite whatever badge was created that “unlocked” the booster to be put in circulation

my reason for having this theory is; i’ve always had a sudden uptick in boosters in the periods of “free” badges, ie. summer/christmas sale cards-badge release/creation
i could go months without booster packs (not uncommen given the actual % chance of getting one tho), and suddenly i’ll get like 4 during the holiday sale month or some in the summer, but none the rest of the year
(and yes, i get there could be several reasons for this, it just seems too convenient to not be the case imo)

also[quote=“xist, post:49, topic:6188”]
There are a fixed amount of cards in circulation for each game (for instance number of activated game x max number of drops allowed for that game),
[/quote]
you forget about booster creation via gems, which seems insanely common given the constant sales of gem sacks (and how bot farms possibly use their cards for profit too). So that will create a flow of “non-new-game card drop” related cards

1 Like

The intention here isn’t to make anyone eat their words…
Just to serve as info on to as some people may notice some games vanish from their profiles…

All good.

PS: Booster packs for banned games won’t drop, but you can still craft them, ofc.
You can check this on the “View my booster pack elegibility” link

1 Like

What? But someone was WRONG ON THE INTERNET!
Tar and feathers are the order of the day. Carve it into his flesh so that he may never forget the day he said something that was not wholly correct on the internet. His scalp is yours for the taking.

2 Likes

let me continue my foot in mouth streak:
given we still receive cards from removed games, (despite their entry is now removed from badge page prior), as evidenced by @onLooSe’s testing
and that i received (at least) 2 booster pack from Temper Tantrum after that game was removed
it could be plausible that we can still also receive random boosters from removed games despite their entry is removed form booster eligibility page

(tho i received 2 boosters from Temper Tantrum after removal i did not check if their entry was removed from eligibility page at that time, so steam might very well have changed the system since April. But given the removed entry, yet normal free cards still drop, i’d venture boosters are equally likely, despite removed entry)

1 Like

I just had a look and beast blaster is appearing on the badges page even though I haven’t played it yet and have no cards for it just like all the other games I haven’t played yet. And the other zonitron games I have played have been removed from the eligibility list.

I would not be surprised if you can no longer get random booster packs I’m gonna say 50-50

either way wouldn’t surprise me at this point tbh lol

We just have to wait and see guys… Steam is mysterious place to say the least :smiley: Let’s hope we get lucky soon to confirm what’s really going on ATM. I for sure didn’t expected to receive cards at this point, especially after such huge removal of 170+ “games” in total.

This reminds me I need to level up to increase my booster pack chances though :innocent:

And i want you guys to know that i’m very sad you didn’t like my clickbait extraordinaire skilletz.

Edit; Some background on what led to this.

You’re all sad for game count, I’m sad for this :cry: They added thousands of these before they gone. Why.

1 Like

Probably as gratitude for all the people who traded their cards left and right :smiley:

Not sure you mean gratitude or “gratitude”. The problem is that these achievements can’t be unlocked, a.k.a broken. I’m really curious the story behind this.

I think they are just bad at coding achievements, when rage parking simulator was free on indiegala it only had the normal 20 or whatever achievements, then a week later they added 200 stupid ones that were broken, took them a couple weeks to get around to fixing it.

And now the dev is no longer on steam they can’t fix it so it’s permanently broken.

1 Like

There is another theory that this is Valve’s fault, these achievements were never published, but then suddenly right at the time all the games were removed, they showed up. Must be an error while Valve removing those games. Sure that Zonitron (or Silicon Echo, or whatever their name is, I heard they have dozen of clone dev accounts all over Steam) made those achievements, but they just never had a chance to publish them. Now they’re banned and can’t do anything about it.

1 Like