Steam game count decreased recently? Find out why right HERE!!!

no
again, cards can still be traded among users, and most importantly can still be used to level up your overall account profile
only thing you lose is the option to market it/sell/buy for money, cards can still very much be used
(and unless valve changed the system recently, you can still even get random booster packs from store removed games)

Edit

unless valve changed it since April, you still get booster packs, can manually trade and level up, because that shit game got removed last year
so cards are worth the same they always were (seriously, 2 cents from market place weren’t worth the sale, might as well level up profile and have some customization fun)

2 Likes

The issue with the trade aspect is that realistically who would want to trade for cards with no value? It’d be same set trades only. And since Boosters are only created when a Badge is made an cards are effectively recycled, hanging on in the hope that extras might pop into your inventory to keep your collection is a big ask. Those 2 cent cards were actually awesome ways to boost your steam level on the cheap…

i’ve received at least 2 boosters for temper tantrum since it got removed (which probably accounts for half the booster packs i received in that period since i don’t get boosters that frequent, and still somehow), so probably shouldn’t be a concern
also, trading with users shouldn’t be an issue, same set or not (not to mention you can also get trades with people that don’t mind), and since we just got a shit ton of influx in “only trade” cards(gem or not), same set within “not-marketable” might just become even decently available,
tho i’m still gonna venture a guess that the local trade forum will be the way to trade (which should probably be as “easy” as usual anyway)
pretty sure i never bought those cheapo cards from teh market, but only traded for them with users anyway, so no biggie loss there (in terms of availability)
i do get that it will be annoying for some having to trade manually now, especially those people that sold hundreds of cards to eventually get a free dollar game here or there from card sales, but in the end, you can still gem them and still make “profit”, just like before (if only a bit less)
no salt or love lost from me in this course of events, same old same old (tho i would probably prefer booster packs from better/prettier games lol)

Edit, sounded way more complicated, in short:
The only “profit” loss would be to those that already have lvl 5 badge and receive boosters.
Or to those not interested in cards at all and sell initially immediately(tho why would you bother with these types of games then)

People below lvl 5 badge, will still pay the same “cost” as they would have on market. They just have to do it manually now, -trading a 4cent card for a “0 value” card, that they use to level up on anyway, just less speedy/convenient, but “gaining” the same net result

2 Likes

Man the title of this thread is like a buzfeed clickbait article. The only thing that would have made it more generic clickbaity would have been instead of “find out why here” it would have said “and you wont believe the reasons why”. Anyway Steam cleaning up shop a little is good, they are releasing too much junk at the moment which means the good but lesser known games are getting buried in the junk, hopefully this cleanup continues

5 Likes

only “lost” 1% of steams store library today
they could at least have the decent courtesy to match it up with inflation
:joy_cat:

tho in truth, how many serious customers would miss the games if even a couple of thousand of the crapola got removed…? not like they probably paid those games any attention anyway, besides padding acc nr or easy cards that would already be used…
no harm done thinning out the weeds, so i say burn 'em all! :smiling_imp:

Edit. crocks… i’m out of coins for today @PeteMcc, i’ll have to owe you until tomorrow :smile_cat:

3 Likes

I too saw people on the steam forums saying their counts on their profiles went down but I only have a small library so went through and counted all the games manually and they are all still there and that same number is on my profile. My xp didn’t change either.

People are still looking to trade the non marketable cards, in fact I think it may increase traffic on the trade forums there are a lot of people looking to do 1:2 or 1:1+gems deals.

3 Likes

I was going to explain what I knew about this but no need, @Gnuffi has it covered.

Good job. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the info, not to mention developer added a bunch of achievements right before all their games were removed, they’re not even working.

This is so random but I just saw your account name after unlocking this, what a coincidence, Gnome is indeed so OP :scream:

1 Like

Okay the count on my profile just went down 5 games, which is the number of zonitron games I have, this only seemed to have happened after I activated some other game keys on steam, cause they were counted this afternoon but fifteen minutes after activating three new games I look at my profile and the count is lowered?

1 Like

i’ve got no idea what’s going on with steam now :confused:
i’ll try to buy another game and see if my game count/stats gets lowered this time
like i said, if it does i’ll happily eat my words, cos this is getting too weird

1 Like

yup that did it
my game count went down by the amount of zonitron games i owned now this moment upon activating a new game again
-achievement stats is still unaffected

time to eat my words and have a talk with steam support again, as i was told they didn’t do this (remove games from “owned status”) the last time i asked

i’m very glad i didn’t own tons of these games then lol

tho am i sry to you guys for being so adamant in my standing to this situation, was only going on past experience (and steam support)
time to rant at steam :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

At the end of the day it’s not something that really matters. We’ve all got too many games anyway! :wink:

2 Likes

indeed, what makes me upset tho was that steam told me supposedly they didn’t do it like this when i last moaned about it
(i’ve got no problem looking like a fool for holding firm on a opinion that turns out to be wrong)

It’s okay just enjoy eating your humble pie, even gnomes make mistakes. Everything else seems to still be correct, my xp hasn’t changed apart from increasing as expected when I activated the new games. I also just did a trade for a card belonging to a zonitron game so there’s that too.

I’m surprised that they even gave you a sensible answer…Steam Support is legendarily variable. Which games were removed for you the last time?

oh you have nooo idea…
like… sooo many… (and surprisingly often… you’d think gnomes eventually learn) :smile_cat:

yea, i was quite “insistent” on not getting a bot/standard reply or some bs sendoff
was supposedly a movie one time, that wasn’t supposed to count as not permanent owned
and some dlc a time prior that had for some reason been mistakenly counted as “products” when dlc’s shouldn’t
tho i’m kinda starting to rethink that it was just a brushoff anyway now lol

(btw, words are surprisingly dry to eat, paper needs gravy)

Yesterday I had 274 games in my profile page and 284 in library. After the indiegala 20 bucks game I went to 285 in library and 256 in profile game count. Damn I was the proud owner of all GooCubelets games :sweat_smile: All cards need to go into gems now, cuz trading is too much of a hassle.

It seems steam API and Game owned page refreshes only when you activate something new.

Does anyone know if their cards are still achievable 'cuz I didn’t spent much time getting those and had few foils from some of them? I’m pretty sure you can’t get them anymore cuz they are removed from the badges page, but just to be sure…

i mean, i’ve already mouthed off “once” in this thread that turned out to be wrong
but lets try to make a fool of myself again
as previously stated, after Temper Tantrum got removed last year, i kept receiving boosters for it up until at least April of this year, and was able to make badges for it just from that
my badges from recent removed Zonitron games are still available to be crafted(without having a badge already, same for my other 2 zonitron games that are yet uncrafted), but i had already exhausted my free card drops from those games prior to this incident
so whether or not you can earn cards from those same games in case you already haven’t, i don’t know

whether or not the system is entirely changed (since april) so you wont receive boosters from removed games, i don’t know
whether or not only some of zonitron games got their card privileges removed for current owners, i don’t know, since the zonitron games i own happen to be some of the “older” kind (at least 2 years)

so i’d say the only thing you can do is try,
tho if the badge/card progress entry itself is removed from the badge page, it’s probably likely to assume those games with badge entries removed will have card drops removed
but again, only way to confirm would be to test, and with steam, seems self-testing and confirmation is much needed lol

1 Like

I will try it in a bit and let you know what happens, but yes the boosters are for sure disabled for those games.

1 Like