Recently Played Games

nope, from what i recall it has not been available despite large outcry for such a specific feature
but BlizzVision doesn’t care about user input in many regards (took 5 years just to implement skins/warchest to support game people wanted since day 1), and they see it as sort of type “self-advertisement”, -hey you like our s***?, here is more s*** from us, (also just updated) GO BUY!
What i had to do in order to hide World of Warcraft, was to uninstall the game, uninstall the blizz app, remove the registry entries, put an anti ActiArd rootkit in place, remove the hdd from my pc, put it in a vice and beat the drive to a pulp with hammer before proceeding to drill out any remnant remains of memories from my brain with a cordless Dewalt (therapist theorize i might have had a slight addiction to the game :joy_cat:)
i would love to just be able remove the foul stain that is the “Activision” label in my launcher, but since Blizz themselves have refused to even let us hide non-owned games, i doubt less that they would even eventually let us hide Activision label or destiny icon…
free advertising after all… sigh
but you never know… maybe 1 day… we did get SC skins and voicepacks and a remaster after all… so maybe in 5-20 years you’ll be able to hide it? :ghost:

5 Likes

Oh well, maybe one day. We can always dream:rainbow:
Thanks!

3 Likes

PS. The power of nostalgia, making you overlook something “simple”
when you play for hours “not noticing” your game looks like this

when it should be looking like this

took me ages to notice i had messed something up lol
a simple key press, and voila, remastered (why did it take 20 years for you guys Blizz to press the F5 button???)
#Nostalgia
:joy_cat:

PPS. I’m loving it!, terrible ui, lack of modern features, quirks and all :hugging:

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s cool. They’ve remade all of the sprites, the tiles and even the briefing screens. GG

In other news, Battle.net is back, Blizzard reverted the name change.

4 Likes

Only asians play this, we need the Diablo 2 remaster.

6 Likes

I disagree, Diablo 2 is perfect the way it is. Remastering it runs the risk of ruin as everything that game is contributes to the experience only Diablo 2 delivers. It’s not like it doesn’t run just fine on modern systems.

6 Likes

I’m currently, (like as in right now this very second), going through The Sexy Brutale
think i might be about halfway done, maybe little more
and boy oh boy oh dancing gal is it marvelous!
some of the best 8bucks i’ve ever spend
I love the whole weird Clue/Cluedo how/“who done it”-prevent it thingy
and ofc watching people get murdered in weird ways, while some smooth jazz is aired, ain’t a bad way to spend a Friday eve

5 Likes

Where did you buy it for $8?

About how many hours would you say the game is?

2 Likes

GOG had it on sale for 50% off over the past couple of days. The average beat time looks to be about 6-8h or so. http://howlongtobeat.com/ is an invaluable tool for me when deciding how much I’m willing to pay for a game.

Edit: sorry, it was humblebundle, not gog.

3 Likes

Thanks! That tool will come in handy :grinning:

2 Likes

so far i’m like 4 hours in
(and i feel i might have rushed a bit too much, missing some collectibles and oddity content encounterssince “spying” seem to be a big deal lol),
and i got the feel i’m probably about halfway through, but might be much more i can’t say for sure, so i’m gonna guess 8-10ish hours maybe?
the “puzzles” do seem to get “longer” with each new one, so needs more time to solve the next and so on, so i could be very wrong on the time maybe

got it on Humble for “10”, i forgot monthly added 10% bonus and i had some free humble wallet (they give you 5% on each purchase, which can add up to a nice bit of free cash/“discount”) so humble ended up giving it to me for 8, not a bad deal at all! well worth it so far
it’s quaint and cute i think, not exactly a twisting brain teaser, but that would probably just have ended up working against it in the end if it had been

PS. sometimes i feel like http://howlongtobeat.com/ might be a bit “faster” than the average or casual user, but sometimes you also end up beating a game faster than suggested/listed lol

3 Likes

I never trust http://howlongtobeat.com/ EVER.

Borderlands 2: 30 hrs 30 mins
Borderlands Pre-Sequel: 17 hrs 30 mins
Borderlands Handsome collection (both Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel): 90 hrs

Those don’t add up. Handsome collection should be 48 hrs.

Skyrim: 221 hours for completionist.
I have done it twice, and the first time (PS4) it was 160 hours, but the second time (XBOX) was 90 hrs 14 mins. So even the average I took for 100% was only 125 hrs.

Proof:

So, I am agreeing with @Gnuffi that I end up beating games faster than they suggest, so I don’t trust them. I guess I am wondering how they come up with the times (if they are all user submitted, do they have a QA crew that filters out the trolls?). I noticed they have a stats tab that shows 135.8k user pool, but an average age of 25, so maybe there are like 60k 45-year-olds and a bunch of 5-year-olds, and they’re all taking longer times to do things?

-Mink

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember it being on sale on Humble a few days ago. I put it in my cart with the intention of buying it later but forgot about it. It’s back to normal price now :cry:

2 Likes

You’re not really looking at very relevant titles, open world games will obviously have widely ranging times to complete because there’s no real point of completion for them. Sure you can claim skyrim is completed once you’ve finished the main quest line but that would be a very deceptive description of what time you could expect to spend on the title. The same thing goes for borderlands, how much time did you spend grinding for loot somewhere? Of course those times are going to vary wildly.

Your numbers don’t add up because you’ve pulled them out of your arse. You’ve listed the average “Main story” part of BL2 and BL:PS then made something up for Handsome collection. The table I’m reading lists the average main story completion time as 56h, still a little more than the combined times of the two titles it contains. Worth keeping in mind though is that the times from BL2 and BL:PS are overwhelmingly from PC users while the times from the Handsome collection is exclusively consoles. I don’t care how good you are at aiming with a gamepad you won’t be as fast as a mouse and keyboard player. It’s also a newish entry with few reported data points to create a mean from, all this in addition to extra load times on inferior hardware might very well explain the discrepancy in times reported.

But of course time to complete a game is by far more useful for a game like The sexy brutale which has a definite end state and a limited amount of extra stuff that can be hunted for.

6 Likes

was going to play Alice: Madness Returns,
buuuut you know, EA has to be some of the most obnoxious interfering obstructive annoying ass’ in gaming/publishing, so after spending 2 hours trying to get my game to launch, because of their infuriating DRM (not origin), when i finally after much hassle did get it activated, my enthusiasm had been thoroughly squashed to pulp and death
oh well, another day…

The Flame in the Flood it is then!
edit: Nope fuck that, not in the mood for that RNG right now
getting killed by a boar 5x in a row from 10mins in… :unamused:

Lets try The Room then, nice and simple short and linear. Surely that can’t possibly go wrong now
Edit: alrighty, The Room was just what the doctor ordered, nice and casual relaxing puzzle (minus some sounds effects possible meant to act as slight tension inducer for whatever weird reason lol)
tho “spam-click to locate solution”-puzzles might be too easy in the long run, punishments or failure could enhance the genre

4 Likes

Agreed, but I’ve played a lot on console and do trust me, some people will do anything to (legit) complete a game as fast as possible.

Completion times may vary, depending from the gamer’s attitude, commitment or interests. If you’re all about the story, you can reach the end credit of Skyrim and The witcher 3 in 30 hours. If you’re hunting down every achievement the number of hours will stuck up fast. If you are the kind of player that take his time and wanders around admiring the sunset from the Skellige (while crying), the completion time will be variable.

Take as an example Brothers: a tale of two sons. You don’t need to reach the end credits in order to obtain all the achievements, finishing the game well before someone playing the game casually.

2 Likes

@Fraggles I was just adding up what the website we were talking about http://howlongtobeat.com listed (not pulling numbers out of my arse) :

Since the Handsome collection is Borderlands 2 and Borderlands:The Pre-Sequel, I was just pointing out that it should be the combination of the two (30.5 + 17.5 = 48 hours), but the website lists 90 hours for the Handsome collection. You have rightfully pointed out that the Handsome collection is exclusively console, so it stands to reason that the time would be longer, but it shouldn’t be nearly twice as long, right? I mean, us console players are slow, but not THAT slow!

As for the Skyrim thing, I was stating a completionist time, not a main quest time. As you can see from the screenshot in the previous post, the 100% completion isn’t the main quest: it’s every side quest, all the daedric artifacts, every guild quest, and all achievements possible on a console (XBOX One). So it took me a little over 90 hours to do what the website states should take 230 hours. This was a ‘tooting my own horn’ portion of the post, to be sure.

I think the point I was trying to make was that I don’t trust the times on that website specifically, and I related them to games that I have finished in the last few weeks. An alternative view would be the game GoldenEye 007 for the N64 system (not something I played in the last few weeks), which takes 10 hours to beat according to the website:

I can say that it would take me 7 hours and 15 minutes to beat the game at my best, as this is easily standardized from the opening scene to the end credits, and back in the day my friends and I tested it. It stands out in my mind because it was the first time I played a game to be the fastest to finish, and I was not fastest within my group of friends. That distinction went to a Norwegian guy named Shawn, who could do it an hour faster…

I also know that it took me 10 hours to beat Metroid Prime for the Gamecube, which was the fastest amongst my friends. On the website we are talking about, the average time to beat Metroid Prime is 13 hours and 25 minutes.

So, long story short: I don’t trust the times on the website http://howlongtobeat.com no matter what game we are talking about.

2 Likes

One of the games I am beta testing is now in Early Access…if anyone is interested…

Heart. Papers. Border.

3 Likes

Yeah I have no idea where your screenshot gets the 90h from, if you actually go to the collection’s page you’ll see this:

With the average listed as 56h.

Now weather you consistently complete games faster than the average or not doesn’t really matter. That has no impact on the usefulness of the site for anyone else nor for you for that matter. Now you know that you’re faster than most so you can look at a reported number and know that your own expected time will be lower. So say you see a game that reportedly would take about 20h to complete then maybe you’ll do it in 15h, the site has served it’s purpose and given you an idea of the length of the game. Or were you expecting it to be a personal prescient service?

4 Likes

I see what you are saying. Agreed that the site has proven its purpose.

Once I clicked into the Handsome Collection, the times matched up. No idea why the thumbnail version has 90h.

2 Likes